Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Kitson Not On L.E.G.I.O.N.

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kitson Not On L.E.G.I.O.N.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know if I just missed this here or if we all did or if no one cared but here's the latest about the L.E.G.I.O.N. revival from CBR:

quote:
If you've been refiguring your monthly comics budget on word that Barry Kitson might be working on a revival of DC Comics's space opera "L.E.G.I.O.N.," you might want to put that off a bit.

"There's truth that we've talked about it," Kitson, whose pencils have been gracing the back-at-last "Empire," told CBR News on Thursday, "But I'm pretty booked up at the moment, so things haven't progressed any further than that as yet."

Looks like we'll have to look elsewhere for a second Legion related title.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Missed that one. Too bad. It could have been fun - but I take it the idea isn't entirely dead. Would it have been Formerly Known as the L.E.G.I.O.N.?

Thanks, Scott.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 5 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
What did "L.E.G.I.O.N." stand for?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
L.E.G.I.O.N. = Licensed Extra-Governmental Interstellar Operatives Network. Owned by Vril Dox II. He had subscriber planets who paid for protection, I suppose LEGION took ad hoc contracts also. It seemed anything went if the price was right.

Actually, I think they compared to a present-day company called Dyn-Corp, which does a lot of sub-contracting for the U.S. military, not just office work but security jobs as well. There was in article about Dyn-Corp in Wired magazine (Feb. 03) which listed some of there activities, and it reminded me of L.E.G.I.O.N.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I still take this as good news... Barry will get around to L.E.G.I.O.N. later rather than sooner... but I bet that it WILL happen.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
I re-read all my LEGIONs a few months back and it struck me how great the characterisation was but how it took bloody ages for anything to happen, like the hundred or so issues it took for them to rescue all the folks from Arga-Prime (or whatever it's called) and the Maximillian G'odd storyline was painfully slow, but at the time I LOVED it.....

oh well, still it would be nice to see Kitson draw Lady Quark, Brainiac and Stealth again.

And I know it wasn't a Kitson issue but when Stealth gave birth - *yick* - it still creeps me out!

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

That was a Giffen-drawn issue... and yeah it was GROSS but still cool!

L.E.G.I.O.N. really was a great book...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, it is too bad that L.E.G.I.O.N. won't be happening anytime soon. But the good news is that Kitson has steady work. Empire seems to be doing well, and at San Diego they announced he'll be drawing a JSA project written by Kevin J. Anderson.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
It's always funny whenever comics try to make an acronym like L.E.G.I.O.N. out of somehow related words. Kind of like S.H.I.E.L.D.

Anyone remember what that stood for?

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Supreme Headquarters for Investigation and Law Enforcement Division.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Wouldn't that be S.H.I.L.E.D.?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Yeah, I did mess that up didn't I? I forgot a word in there. It should be:

Supreme Headquarters International Espionage Law-enforcement Division

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
What was even nuttier was the one they came up with after the Nick Fury vs, SHIELD mini ... I think it was something like... Strategic Hazard blah blah Logistics Directorate (whatever it was, it was pretty bad)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Kitson Not on L.E.G.I.O.N. but certainly still on LEGION!

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.