Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Adam Strange, Omega Men, L.E.G.I.O.N.

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Adam Strange, Omega Men, L.E.G.I.O.N.
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Forgive me if you all talked about this already.
SPOILERS below i guess [Smile]

ADAM STRANGE #6
Written by Andy Diggle
Art and cover by Pascal Ferry
Adam Strange and the Omega Men discover the location of the missing planet Rann! But when death strikes from an unexpected quarter, they find themselves hunted by L.E.G.I.O.N. - and even the quick-witted Adam Strange can't outwit Vril Dox…or can he?

Whoa! Vril Dox? Nice! Omega Men? Cool. They have some Legion relations! Omega Men would be a cool title for an anti-Legion super team in 31st century who think the Legion are squares!

I may have to pick Adam Strange up. The art looks fantastic by Ferry.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone know when they started to refer to Vril Dox as Brainiac 2.5? I got one of the VS cards with Vril on it and his name is Brainiac 2.5. And he appears to be a villain.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe it was a clone? There was cloning in the L.E.G.I.O. right? Isn't Vril a clone? I am ignorant in these matters. [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Does anyone know when they started to refer to Vril Dox as Brainiac 2.5? I got one of the VS cards with Vril on it and his name is Brainiac 2.5. And he appears to be a villain.

That's the "upgraded" Brainiac 1 from Y2K, not Vril II.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So Vril of L.E.G.I.O.N. is a 2? I thought he was the first one to carry the Dox name.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
He is. But there was that earth circus guy whose mind was inhabited by an evil Coluan who, post-Crisis, was the first Brainiac.

IIRC

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EuroMutt
flight, super strength & super territory marking

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EuroMutt   Email EuroMutt         Edit/Delete Post     
The Vril Dox in L.E.G.I.O.N. has always been referred to as Vril Dox II. He is the son of the original Vril Dox, who became Brainiac. He's never been officially referred to as Brainiac 2 that I've been aware of. He is a clone of the original Vril Dox II when Stealth killed him after raping him.
I think the vs. card is referring to the upgraded Brainiac that was "born" after the whole Our Worlds at War fiasco. Basically from what I recall, Brainiac was reborn after Brainiac 13 (the original upgraded Brainiac from Y2K) was destroyed, but was upgraded which is probably why he is referred to as "2.5." I think it’s the dumbest joke ever, and it was bad enough when Querl was referred to as Brainiac 5.1.
As for the circus guy, I think he was just some poor schmuck mentalist who the consciousness of Vril Dox (Brainiac) decided to inhabit when he tried to come to this world from his native Colu.

And Adam Strange is freaking awesome. I have no idea where Diggle is taking the book, but I love The Losers so I have faith that he will give us an awesome story that will kick butt. So far, so great (after two issues).

[ December 01, 2004, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: EuroMutt ]

--------------------
-j.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.