Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Wanderers (speaking of clones)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Wanderers (speaking of clones)
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I read the Wanderers maxi some months ago. I dug out. Very different. Beautiful Lightle covers and a different realm of the 30th century.

I'm a fan of Controllers so it was cool.

Anyone else read it? Enjoyed it?

Jorge

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it wasn't a maxi technically when it was published. But the ending was a little weird to me. Especially the part where Aviax basically performs bestiality. No really.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes that was very wierd...the entire series was wierd but that took the cake. [Wink] But who are we to judge shapeshifters in the first place? [Smile]

Atleast it was a for a good cause!

Jorge

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
i wanted to like the series

the redesigns on the characters were great IMO

but, IMO, the stories were erratic and didn't effectively utilize the shared 30th century of the Legion
and the art reflected these problems

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, Nightcrawler, really? I must have dropped off reading that series before it ended. I might still have it around somewhere, though, since I tend toward keeping Legion-related stuff.

Andy, I agree with you. I loved the way the Wanderers looked after their deaths and cloning. The new names were certainly a step up. Unfortunately, they were too far removed from the Legion universe, at least IMO.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

It really read like a Vertigo series and a bit like volume 4. [Smile] It wasn't perfect but I appreciated the out of the box thinking and direction.

Jorge

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I loathed the redesigned Quantum Queen. She looked ridiculous. I quite enjoyed Psyche's new look, though.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It's a shame that characters like THE WANDERERS fall by the wayside. For me, these underdog-type characters are as an important a part of the Legion mythos as the Founders.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
well after Giffen kinda re-spun Quantum Queen's look in her brief cameo in the Great Darkness Saga, she needed redesigning least of all

so of course she got vegas showgirl in miami as a look

how practical on the frontier

laurel kent would have been proud

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S

and i always thought it sucked that Quantum Queen and Gas Girl never joined up to the Legion
it woulda been a nice connection

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.