Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
There certainly seems to be a lot of instances of Legion references in the DCU lately. I know there are references scattered throughout this thread but since it seems like this is just going to be happening more and more I thought I'd start this thread as a catchall for those little Legion-verse things that pop up in regular DCU books.
Most notable recent Legion "incursions":
-- Buddy Baker tapping into the powers of a Sun-Eater.
-- Infectious Lass in "Tales of the Unexpected"
-- That Durlan agent (I think named Daggle?) in "Green Lantern Corps"
-- Venegar in "Brave & the Bold"
-- in "Green Lantern" #18, there's a black-haired, blue skinned woman in a black cape and bikini named Lyssa Drak of Talok IV. She's part of the Sinestro Corps and is the keeper of the "Book of Parallax"
-- and of course the JSA.

I'm sure I missed a few. Some of these occurances have discussions in the Gym'll's forum, but I also wanted the little appearances to get noted somewhere as well.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
This is a great idea Drake. What with the Legion appearing in more and more comics, we need a checklist of all appearances!
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

-- Oh, and of course we know the Fatal Five are coming to "Brave & the Bold" next month
-- Aside from Venegar, this month's "B&B" also mentions interlac (no surprise "B&B" has Legion references with Waid as writer...)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionboy
Ex Science Police/Honary Legionaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionboy   Email legionboy         Edit/Delete Post     
In the Action comics annual. There is mention of Mon-el and a set of statues of the legion in the fortress of solitude. Plus in Justice League of America #1 Batman refers to Superman's Legion flight ring.

--------------------
There is no better Super Hero group to have ever been in comics than the Legion of Super Heroes.

From: BGTZL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
52 had also featured the Eye of Ekron a few weeks back. It also had the 21st century Persuader and his axe appear briefly.

To date, with come-on's as well as published issues, we know of Star Boy, Dream Girl and Dawnstar appearing in JSA.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thinbalion
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thinbalion   Email thinbalion         Edit/Delete Post     
Also the upcoming Action Comics #850 promises some time travelling goodness, that should have the Legion impacting the present day DCU in some way.

Here's the solicitation:

"Written by Kurt Busiek; Art and cover by Renato Guedes

In this extra-sized special issue, writer Kurt Busiek reunites with artist Renato Guedes to visit the 31st Century and the Girl of Steel! Supergirl's looking for a way to back from the future and to realize why Superman doesn't want her to wear the "S" shield, but both Superman and Supergirl in for a big surprise when they see what the past has in store! With time-viewing sneak peaks at the upcoming year's events!

Superman | 48pg. | Color | $ 3.99 US

On Sale May 30, 2007 '

--------------------
Currently getting caught up on my Legion history by reading the Post-Zero Hour Legion.

From: Arlington, VA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
-- Oh, and of course we know the Fatal Five are coming to "Brave & the Bold" next month
-- Aside from Venegar, this month's "B&B" also mentions interlac (no surprise "B&B" has Legion references with Waid as writer...)

They also reference a "planetary chance" machine... which was also the name of a device the Adventure era Legion used. [Smile]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Buddy has also adapted the power of the Sun Eaters in 52, another Legion tie-in, since they were first used in Legion.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
In the most recent issue of Action comics Superman faces off against a sun eater (it's a flashback tale told by Pa Kent who was there at the time) and he tells Pa, I've faced them before, but then I had help. Or something along those lines, I didn't buy the issue, just read it in the shop.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
Sun Girl (Deborah Morgna) from Teen Titans #42-45.

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Sun Girl? Never heard of her. How did she get her powers? Any pics available?
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Sun Girl.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
-- Buddy Baker tapping into the powers of a Sun-Eater.

Click for fullsize image

quote:
-- Infectious Lass in "Tales of the Unexpected"

Click for fullsize image
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

quote:
-- Venegar in "Brave & the Bold"

Click for fullsize image

quote:
-- in "Green Lantern" #18, there's a black-haired, blue skinned woman in a black cape and bikini named Lyssa Drak of Talok IV. She's part of the Sinestro Corps and is the keeper of the "Book of Parallax"

Click for fullsize image
  This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.