Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
But I wonder, does this whole thing make JLA #1-6 necessary for Legion AR collectors?

Yes. And please spoil it. It'll be interesting to speculate regardless.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Nevermind...found it...

Click Here For A SpoilerVal Armorr/Karate Kid

Which is who I'd have guessed it to be anyway.

[ April 04, 2007, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting.

If that's true then

Click Here For A Spoiler
This can't be the Levitz Legion, unless they're plucked from the middle of the LSH/LSV War.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay. Well, the guy mentioned (and it's clearly a regular humanoid male, so not Blok, for instance) is the same guy I thought of first: Click Here For A SpoilerKarate Kid. The reason I thought of him is that Trident didn't display any powers. But of course this is all purely speculative as far as I'm concerned, and if it is Click Here For A SpoilerKarate Kid then it adds one more problem:

At what point in the original Legion's timeline is this happening? We knew it had to be pre-5YG because of Dawnstar's wings and because Star Boy was an active Legionnaire (as opposed to being Xanthu's planetary champion). (Which means that Infectious Lass, in Tales of the Unexpected, probably has nothing to do with this whole thing, because she was only a Legionnaire during the Gap, or possibly after.) But now, if this is Click Here For A SpoilerKarate Kid, we're pushing it back before the LSV/Orando sequence, before the Baxter series, possibly before Val's marriage to Jeckie... and, more importantly from my perspective, before Crisis on Infinite Earths. And I had guessed that it was the Crisis-era Legion we were seeing here.

So, more speculation... I think this Legion might be pre-Great Darkness Saga, also, only because I can't see the powers-that-be wanting to leave Ayla out of whatever's going on. And if that's so, then we're also missing Jacques and Mysa.

When did Star Boy first grow the beard? I remember Pat Broderick drew him without it, and something like a beard isn't evidence either way, but...

[ April 04, 2007, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Matthew E ]

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

The beard debuted in #293 or so. However, it's the Baxter Era LSV that appear in Arkham, so that gives a later date.

Of course, I suppose Doctor Destiny could be materializing Dream Girl's prophetic dreams...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It was in #291 actually. He's seen without one in #289 then when Thom is next shown in the background in a panel of #291 he has the beard. Page 5 to be exact.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
It doesn't have to be the Baxter Era LSV, though, does it? I mean, I'm convinced that they're just manifestations created by Dr. Destiny out of Dream Girl's mind, but Lightning Lord, Tyr and the rest were longstanding Legion villains; no need to specify Baxter-era.

Darkseid is a different story, and I hadn't thought about him. So if Dr. Destiny is pulling Darkseid out of Dream Girl's memory, then that places this story between Great Darkness and the Baxter series. But if he's pulling Darkseid out of Dreamy's predictions...

Maybe LSH #300 is the key to sorting all this out.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Cosmic King seems to place it as Baxter LSV. Unless its the time-travelling Adult Cosmic King, whom Nura actually never met and would be really confusing. I think the costume indicates the Baxter Cosmic King.
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Darkseid I think is behind ALL of this. The "event" in Countdown with his face? When he cursed the Legion? I think the curse is what this is all about.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Also if the DNA belongs to you know who? Haven't we already seen... Click Here For A Spoilerthe WaK Karate Kid among the JLA?(JSA)
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Also if the DNA belongs to you know who? Haven't we already seen... Click Here For A Spoilerthe WaK Karate Kid among the JLA?(JSA)

Click Here For A SpoilerAre you sure it is WaK I was under the imprssion he was the precrisis version... I know we've seen WaK KK in the countdown image, but what in JLA made you think this?

--------------------
http://twitter.com/wndola
http://www.diversionarium.com
http://wndola.livejournal.com

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
oh nm. in JLA his name is on the screen

--------------------

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

wndola, i saw him on... Click Here For A Spoileron that big cover image a while ago with a bunch of DC heroes on it. The american flag?
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
wndola, i saw him on... Click Here For A Spoileron that big cover image a while ago with a bunch of DC heroes on it. The american flag?

Click Here For A Spoilerso why would it be that Wak are showing up in JLA and Silver Age is showing up in JSA besides the obvious that is.

--------------------

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Click Here For A SpoilerI think the WaK Karate Kid appearing in the big cover image was just a red herring.

I've had another chance to look at the new JLA, and Batman's testing clearly identifies him as Val Armorr, if you look at the letters that are bleeding offpanel. Furthermore, it seems like the JLA computer is accessing several databases: the Batcave, Gotham Police, AFIS and Hall of Justice (I suppose) computers blank out on him, but the Fortress of Solitude computer has a match.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.