Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So here's the question...

Click Here For A Spoiler
Assuming this is the pre-Crisis Legion, from the early 290s, and that those villains are the results of prophetic dreams by Nura...

Is this really just an untold Adventure of the pre-Crisis Legion? So... at the end... will they just go back and fight Darkseid/the LSV and Karate Kid will die?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nah TMK
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nah TMK   Email Jo Nah TMK         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by wndola1:

Click Here For A Spoilerso why would it be that Wak are showing up in JLA and Silver Age is showing up in JSA besides the obvious that is.

I think the WaK LSH is on one Earth and the Levitz era/etc are on another Earth, and that will be revealed through the crossover. WaK LSH would be the future Earth of the mainline DCU, and the Levitz LSH would be the future of new Earth 2 or whatever.

No matter what any of this means, and no matter how much i like most versions of the LSH, having different versions of the LSH appearing concurrently just seems like a horrible idea to me. The Legion (perhaps deservedly so) seems to non-LSH fans to be too confusing because of its reboots, and having multiple versions running around can't help matters at all. i worry for the future of the current LSH title, and for having any LSH title left standing after mucking about with them once again.

From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
Click Here For A SpoilerI think Val 's name is the same in his WaK incarnation, but if "fortress" really means fortress of solitude then he must be silver age based on the statues in the action annual diagram

--------------------
http://twitter.com/wndola
http://www.diversionarium.com
http://wndola.livejournal.com

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thinbalion
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thinbalion   Email thinbalion         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jo Nah TMK:

I think the WaK LSH is on one Earth and the Levitz era/etc are on another Earth, and that will be revealed through the crossover. WaK LSH would be the future Earth of the mainline DCU, and the Levitz LSH would be the future of new Earth 2 or whatever.

No matter what any of this means, and no matter how much i like most versions of the LSH, having different versions of the LSH appearing concurrently just seems like a horrible idea to me. The Legion (perhaps deservedly so) seems to non-LSH fans to be too confusing because of its reboots, and having multiple versions running around can't help matters at all. i worry for the future of the current LSH title, and for having any LSH title left standing after mucking about with them once again.

Personally I agree that the pre-crisis Legion will be revealed to be from Earth 2, but not necessarily a NEW Earth 2. Here's the theory I've been working on... Basically as a result of the Infinte Crisis Earth-2 was brought back in a sense, and that may have resulted in some of these characters leaking into the regular DC timeline and universe. So, basically while originally from Earth-2 they were misplaced if you will because of the Crises... some to places like Kingdom Come (i.e. Starboy/man).

--------------------
Currently getting caught up on my Legion history by reading the Post-Zero Hour Legion.

From: Arlington, VA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
Right if they were from our real silver age how do you deal with the super girl never existed issue?

I am still rooting for the theory that Power girl took so much longer getting to earth because she took a 5 year detour in the future.

--------------------

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh my this is getting sooooo complicated... and I KNOW all of Legion history. How is any new freader to jump on board if they make the BEGINNING this complicated???

I really love to see Levitz-era Legionnaires jumping around, but I don't see how this could come to a satisfying end... I really don't...

Thanks for posting this info, though. I quit the new JLA book after 4 issues because I just did not get what it was all about, especially because I did not know all those villains. Except for Grundy.

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Chemical King, at this point I think they are just going to bring back the old complicated DC. [Smile]

New readers? It's not like there is a ton of new readers jumping on. I think they figured in this new direct market world that the same amount of readers will jump on no matter what.

I honestly don't think there is a Earth2, etc. I think they just all remember there being multiple earths. But what does that mean for the Legion?

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

JSA is selling like hotcakes so it must be working on some level

--------------------

Legionnaire888
Long Live the Legions

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legionnaire888   Email Legionnaire888         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I think it might be the WaK KK only because Batman says he is from the 31st century, and isn't only the current one from there, or is the one before it from there too?

--------------------
"There is always a solution to every Obstacle."-Karate Kid

From: Earth-Henderson,NV | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Timberwolf, after reading what Brad Meltzer is saying about it in his latest interview, it does seem to be KK from WaK.

quote:
NRAMA: So – winding down the issue…the obvious place to end would be that final page – the tease for the upcoming crossover. One of the Starro people – Karate Kid from the Legion of Super-Heroes?

BM: Yep – that’s it – the team up is coming, and it’s JLA/JSA/LSH, baby. Acronyms abound. But if you look again at eh very first image of the Justice League we released, Karate Kid was sanding there in the background, and then we pulled him out.

Geoff [Johns] and I have been planning this since we were seven years old.

And the KK we have seen on that cover was from the current series.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=107787

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
There seems to be a heavy 70s influence with KK being in the present, the new Gods, the other Kirby stuff.

It's almost like they want to reboot the DCU to the time just before the DC Implosion if not in terms of continuity then certainly in the structure of the publishing line up.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
EDIT

redundant post

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Imagine how cool the JLA storyline would have been if they used the Revenger rather than Trident. Sigh. They never see the obvious choices.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by legionboy:
Plus in Justice League of America #1 Batman refers to Superman's Legion flight ring.

Click for fullsize image
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
But I wonder, does this whole thing make JLA #1-6 necessary for Legion AR collectors?

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.