Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LEGION on Television (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LEGION on Television
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a still of MORDRU from a DC Super-Heroes TV special from the late 70's!
 -

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Why do I hear "Flight of the Valkyries" in my head??
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
There were DC television specials?

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
I saw these two "specials" when they were first broadcast I believe as summer filler in the 70s. They were sort of like a mini-revival in spirit of the 60s Batman show. I believe Adam West played Batman in it.

One show was just all these various DC Villians running around and hokey fighting and chases with some various DC heroes. The babe that played the Huntress was hot. She filled out the costume nicely. Hubba.

The second show was a like a Friar's roast with Super-Villains. Mordru was in both, which was odd because this is mid-70's and his only major app in comics by then was his origin in Adv 369/370. His next major app was The Earthwar Saga which was pubbed years later in '78. So the fact that he was on this bizarre show that came outta nowhere was itself doubly bizarre.

I recall seeing some more photos and a writeup on these two shows out on the web, but I don't know if it's still out there. Don't remember the exact title of these shows, but they did "super-heroes" in the titles.

The probably was the first time a Legion originated character ever appeared on TV. And for all I know the next time wasn't until the Superman animated show.

Anybody know of others?

[Chameleon Boy]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, there was that ep of "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends" where the villain looked almost exactly like Tharok -- I don't know how Marvel avoided that lawsuit.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
Here's a still of MORDRU from a DC Super-Heroes TV special from the late 70's!
 -

Santa!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Reep
Resigned

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Odin!

[Chameleon Boy]

lil'rhino

Icon 2 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey kids!

I found the site with all the info on this cheesy TV special!!!

Click on the lil' speaker and you even get an audio clip from the show!!!

Enjoy,
lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh my... that's... oh my...

The hawk wings are quite... interesting...

Ed McMahon??

Mordru SONG AND DANCE NUMBER !!!!!!!!!

[Confused]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Did Tyr ever show up in the Super Powers cartoon? I know he was part of the last line of the action figures.
From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hard to believe we actually used to watch stuff like this! At least I missed "The Roast" which seems to have been the worst of the two!
[Embarrassed]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Super Lad Kid:
Did Tyr ever show up in the Super Powers cartoon? I know he was part of the last line of the action figures.

I don't think he showed up in the cartoons, but I wasn't watching them much in the end, I'm sorry to say (although I always thought it was cool they introduced Firestorm, and lame that they had Cyborg because he belonged in the Teen Titans, for continuity's sake).

Tyr did appear in the Super Powers comic mini series (I believe it was Volume 3, 4 issues in all).

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm definitely seeing Mordru's connection with Odin in my mind. I can't get the old Thor theme from the 60's cartoon out of my head now. [Eek!]
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[bump]

This was the seventh topic on the former Trophy Room forum.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[Bump]

This was the seventh topic on the former Trophy Room forum.

...and one of my favorites!

lil'rhino

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.