Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Mordru on TV? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mordru on TV?
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
LEGENDS OF THE SUPERHEROES

This is So wierd. Hard to believe I've never even heard of this before but it's so ridiculous I just HAD to show off this link somebody posted at linkfilter.
 -

Mordru appears on TV waaaaaayyy back in 1979 !!
Oh, this is too much. Apparently Mordru ends the show with a song! Aha ha ha ha ha ha

-

Oh god. Has anybody ever seen this thing? You really have to read the article to get an idea of just how awful it must have been. I have GOT to find a copy of this somehow.
(hey, I have a copy of the Batgirl TV show pilot, how much worse could this REALLY be?)

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
if this is the Super hero roast,(or am i confusing the two because there were two live action superheroes specials) then yeah it was really bad but when i saw it back in '79 i thought it was the shizznit, but when i got a video of it at a Con about 10 years ago i was like damn was i that stupid, this also intruced the affirmative action super hero Ghetto Man with his battlecry of KAREEM!!!!!

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
yeah I saw that on real live when I was little. I was *IN LOVE* with Hawkman!!! he's a beefcake! I was like "huh?" when I saw the Flash in action. My friends and I talked about it at school the next day. Most of them were impressed with Hawkman's muscles but was like huh? with all skinny heroes. LOL! What a memory trip!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You have to see both episodes, The Challenge and The Roast (The Roast is the one pictured above with Mordru). I had it one time, on my old pc but lost all those files. Maybe I'll see if I can find it again.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

I'm so jealous! I'd love to see those. I had no idea that Mordru had been presented to the world at latge before the JLU cartoon. Did you check out the article for the rest of the pics? Mordru on a jet-ski was a hoot.And I don't know anybody alive that didn't LOVE Frank Gorshin's Riddler, I can well imagine he stole the show.

Still though the little tributes like the Huntress, Black Canary and the Atom/Giganta scenes must have been pretty special. If you locate those files I'd be extremely grateful. At least I now have some more wierd things to hunt for at the next convention I get to attend.
[Big Grin]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Let me look for them first before buying them at a convention. Most of those are multi-generational dubs of very poor quality and usually run $20 to $50.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Oh yeah. You can tell from those screen shots in the article that the copy the writer had was a pretty poor quality dub.
That's perhaps the worst factor about all those tapes at conventions. Some of them are really cool but they're so low on quality that they're hardly worth watching even when you do find 'em.

Strange...has the group ever talked about video sharing here? I could see swapping copies of some great stuff...or even NOT so great stuff [Big Grin]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I have crappy-convention copies of the two specials, as well as the JLI un-aired pilot. Plus a crazy "Aquaman" movie. I'd like to have the unreleased FF movie, but the quality on these tapes is extremely bad and not worth the price.

I do remember watching Challenge and the Roast on TV when they first aired and I remember cutting out the TV Guide pages about them at that time.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

http://www.mykey3000.com/cosmicteams/jla/jlafaq09.html

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0118365/

...and yet another JLA live action project.

-

I thought I'd look for a bit more information and hopefully find the TV Guide article Nightcrawler just mentioned and this article popped up in the search. The article says it aired outside the US, anybody here ever get a chance to see it?

Lightning Lad
Founder

Is that the one with David Ogden Stiers as Jonn? I've heard of it but didn't know it ever aired anywhere.
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I SAW IT!!!

One afternoon on satallite tv

OH my giddy aunt it was just as bad as that still makes it look. [Smile]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starbucks Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starbucks Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Dear God! I just finished reading the write-up of the Mordru thing. Jet-ski chase??? I hope somebody got fired for this piece of trash.
Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh my God! I've seen the JLI movie!!!

I was flicking through the TV channels here in London one day and happened to stumble across it just as it was beginning! I couldn't believe they were showing it on TV and thought how lucky I was to have caught it!

I couldn't have been more wrong! That movie is diabolically bad! And not even in a 'so bad, its good' way. Its just BAD! Its major crime is being so unremittingly B-O-R-I-N-G. I don't even think I watched it all the way to the end. But it squanders its potential in so many othere areas too. There's not enough scenes of the characters in costume, there are all these long, weird and completely unfunny monologue scenes where the characters talk *directly to the viewers*, there's very little action, the effects are terrible... you can almost smell the shame coming from the actors just for being involved with this show.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
The JLA movie really lost me when, intead of using one of the most powerful items in the universe to rescue them from their underwater base (the bad guy had done something, and the hatch was stuck), Green Lantern and his POWER RING went to find a crowbar. A ... crow ... bar.

I remember watching the Legends specials when they originally aired and thinking they were so awesome. Ah, youth. I finally splurged and got one of those 50th-generation dubs at a convention. Wow. Reeeaaallllyyyyy bad. Barely fun in even a camp, cheesey way.

I've heard about the Aquaman one. I'd really like to see that. I've also seen a pilot for a propsed Power Pack series. It was unfinished (used a lot of Disney's Little Mermaid (or maybe Beauty and the Beast -- I don't remember for sure) music since its own wasn't done yet). As expected, the effects were pretty bad (those may have been unfinished too), but I thought it had potential for the Saturday morning set.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh my heavens,

I do remember those specials and how lame they were...Sorry, i know they were produced to air for the American market, but i guess we Down Under feebs must have been clueless as to who the hell these costumed freaks were!!!!

For one thing, a black actress played the Huntress (who is supposed to be white in the comics)

And secondly, instead of surfacing Hawkgirl as the decidedly hunky Hawkman's main squeeze, we get (bwahahahahah) Pat Carroll (i think) playing Hawkman's MOTHER!!!!!!

Oh sure...were we supposed to suspend belief that a hero from the planet Thanager had a Terran mom (who thought up the script????).

If you wanted to really jump the shark, thr script should have unearthed the sainted remains of Martha Kent.

This is way to freaky for me...i'm gonna have a lie down and giggle myself to sleep.

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.