Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Levitz and New Legionnaires... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Levitz and New Legionnaires...
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So what do you want to see?

More chicks? More aliens? More supporting characters made Legionnaires?

I'd love to see Visi-Lad on the team!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
This will surprise no one, but INFECTIOUS LASS!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Some racial diversity please! Re-enter a new Dragonmage?

Kent Shakespeare, where is he?

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I know nothing about Dragonmage, but his visual is interesting, so I'd definitely like to see him.

I would prefer that any new character introduced have well-defined powers (we readers don't need to know how they work, but I don't want another Chemical King, White Witch, Kid Quantum deal where the character is used inconsistently, because the *writers* don't know how the heck their powers work!).

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I want to know what happened to Theena. But, among the new Legionnaires I'd like Levitz to write...

BRING BACK MONSTRESS!

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I want to see the new Lantern, for sure.

I'd like more real aliens.
I'd have Lightle design a couple, actually, because I have always enjoyed Tellus and Quislet.
Lume was one of my favorites, in Legionnaires, even if he/she/it just turned up for a panel or two.

I think there should be a Sizzler in this continuity and please, find Gates some people of his own.
I'd like to see a Shikari, nomad group, too.
Just because we have a Dawnstar and Starhaven, doesn't mean we can't have a Shikari and nomad people from another galaxy.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
This is an older Legion, they seem to be all in their 20s or so. I wonder if a teenager or two could join the team. Has the Academy bit the dust?

There are many eligible characters from the past, but I'd like to see somebody totally new.

An alien would be good, especially if they have to have this xenophobia thing. Although that might make it worse, the alien becoming a focal point for xenophobia stories! Nothing too weird like the sentient cloud in R.E.B.E.L.S., which is kind of cool, but more like an accessory than a character.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
My top 3 new Legionnaires -

1. A *totally* alien-looking new member. A blob of jelly, a cloud of gas, a thousand tendrils - I don't care so long as there is nothing humanoid about it at all.

2. A racial-minority member. Preferably Asian, Pacific Islander or Hispanic since those groups have been woefully under-represented in the 31st Century so far. (I have much inexplicable love for Dragonmage so his return would rock my world but I think Mysa kinda makes him redundant, alas.)

3. A former Legion supporting character, minor hero or villain. My top choices being either Ron-Karr or Infectious Lass.

Levitz brings in three new characters like that and I think he'll be doing a great thing for this team.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
3. A former Legion supporting character, minor hero or villain. My top choices being either Ron-Karr or Infectious Lass.

Ooh, good one. I've always wanted to see someone like Lazon or Ron-Karr turn a new leaf. (Ron-Karr, in particular, since his power could be *crazy* useful, if he was able to flatten himself to near two-dimensional status, and move through anything three-dimensional like a hot knife through butter.).

Ditto with the mention above about Academy recruits. If this Legion is supposed to be so much older than the last time we saw them, it would make sense for Lamprey, Nightwind, Power Boy, Crystal Kid, Laurel Kent (un-retconned into not being a Manhunter), etc. to have already become members, during the years that we didn't see.

Then again, after the six different versions of Garth, Rokk and Imra I've had to put up with since Crisis on Infinite Earths, I'd just about rather see a next generation Legion composed of former Academy recruits, Subs, new characters and / or descendents of the first generation Legionnaires, than suffer through yet another interpretation of Brainy and Jo/Tinya, etc.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Ahem:

Portable walls can be in short supply. It's always good to have a spare.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
i want good storys and a desent artist and i want the legion to be friends again not every one pissed at one another all the time and i want people to like the legion again, and have not have every one against the team. i want the legion to leave earth and the save other places..i dont care about anything else beacuse they can add alien looking people around the legion when the legion goes places, they can have people of difrent races be support.

i dont want them to add anything until the basics are fixed.

bring in other legionaries other then the top four we constantly see. (lighting lad, Cosmic boy, Brainiac 5, Saturn girl)

i for one would love to see a stories where we give other legionaries face time.

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
Ahem:

Portable walls can be in short supply. It's always good to have a spare.

Or four... [Fortress Lad] [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Personally, I would love to see if there is a Kinetix on this Earth...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Some Tamaran or Omega Men species alien, an Amazon, a couple of new alien aliens - not just funky skin colour and pointy ears, Quislet, Kent Shakespeare and of course - Laser Ape!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bottle City of Kanga
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottle City of Kanga   Author's Homepage   Email Bottle City of Kanga         Edit/Delete Post     
I was really excited by this news too!

I'd agree that a totally alien Legionnaire would be fantastic and knowing how well Levitz writes the supporting cast I'd be surprised if we hadn't seen one of the new Legionnaires before.

What about Computo? I wasn't keen on Danielle Foucault in Legionnaires but maybe Levtiz could do something with her?

It'd be great if Comet Queen finally joined. She was great! And sadly under-appreciated!

More ranting about the Levtiz CBR interview here:

http://bottlecityofkanga.blogspot.com/2009/11/finally-good-news-for-legion-lovers.html

--------------------
http://bottlecityofkanga.blogspot.com/

Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.