Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Need to redecorate? Legion Wallpaper!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need to redecorate? Legion Wallpaper!
Mykey3000
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mykey3000   Author's Homepage   Email Mykey3000         Edit/Delete Post     
See my site for a scan from Legionnaires #50 (1997), the poster. There was a low scan of this floating around the Web that's not very good quality. Not anymore!

--------------------
Mykey
Cosmic Teams!

From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Neat pic! I'm not hugely familiar with this iteration of the team, who are the green haired woman and the blonde dude in the upper right hand corner? I'm also not recognizing the redhead between Mon-El and Nundromeda...
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
That is a great scan and that is a great site you have there.

Set; the three you cannot recognise are:

Magno - Blond guy
Slipstream - Green haired woman
Shavaughn Erin - Red haired woman

Quite why Slipstream made it on the poster as she only appeared in, something like, seven panels is beyond me!

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Slipstream = Lori Morning

I remember pulling this poster out of the comic when I was buying it off the stands. It reminds me of my old room at home when I was in high school. Great stuff!

(I'm sure I still have that poster somewhere)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Lori Morning = a blight on this period of Legion history.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
I did not really hate Lori as much as others after her first few issues.

I was just surprised that Slipstream made the poster considering her brief appearence which did not involve her actually meeting any Legionnaires when I seem to recall that they at least talked to another of her characters about membership who would appear to have been a better match.

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think Lori was so much the problem as the victim of how horribly bad this period was.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I remember seeing her in the Alan Davis splash page at the end of Superboy's Legion and thinking she was some random creation of his to add to the background. Neat to know that she's a real character!

Although I suspect that the blue whale in the background of that Alan Davis splash page was never a Legionnaire and just there as a joke...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mykey3000
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mykey3000   Author's Homepage   Email Mykey3000         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought this period's Legion book was awesome. It's Legionnaires book was (and is) embarrassing to read. Stern's scripts and Moy's art combine to make every issue a laugh. And not in a good way. I've been going through them recently for scans, and resent it when i have to take one from Legionnaires instead of Legion.

--------------------
Mykey
Cosmic Teams!

From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked this period and this Legion.
I like kids acting like kids, for one thing and I loved Umbra.

I really liked the idea of a baby Glorith and a Time Trapper who was female and maybe not so evil while maintaining the Zero Hour concept that the Trapper was someone that the Legion knew from their Legion days.

I enjoyed that Monstress started out green, like a Coluan, which Brainy just hated!

Thanks for posting your site!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.