Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » So what's up with the "Only One Sub Chick Around at a Time!" rule? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So what's up with the "Only One Sub Chick Around at a Time!" rule?
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So, there've been three female subs (Night Girl, Infectious Lass, and Rainbow Girl). And yet apparently in the nearly fifty year history of the Subs, we have yet to see more than one of them in a story at a time!

Poor Drura got so desperate for a co-featuring female, that she had to turn Color Kid into one!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget that Dream Girl was a sub for a while.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Jeepers! I did forget that! And how many stories have we've seen featuring both Lydda and Nura as Subs?

Let's see... I count... Zero! Nura's tenure as a Sub has barely been chronicled!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It's sad... I really remember being disappointed that Lydda did not appear in either of the SUBS stories featuring Dru.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

What the heck's up with "Hey, we've got a new female Sub, so let's have the other one sent back through time to get rid of her!"?
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Satan Girl must be picking them off one by one with her deadly radiation inducing bracelets so she can take their place as Soul-less Sole Lass.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Option A) The reason nobody has seen Lydda, Drura and, uh, Rainbow Chick at the same time, is because they are all Lori Morning, using her H-Dial!

Option B) This calls for a Legion of Substitute Femmes! Night Girl, Infectious Lass and Rainbow Girl team up with Nightwind, Lamprey, Laurel Kent and, er, Comet Queen (what? every team has to have one!).

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Don't forget that Dream Girl was a sub for a while.

Yeah, but she's been a Dom ever since.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Jeepers! I did forget that! And how many stories have we've seen featuring both Lydda and Nura as Subs?

Let's see... I count... Zero! Nura's tenure as a Sub has barely been chronicled!

Bloody Liberty! Surely there's a Subs vs. Mordru story that was untold during this era, taking place after the untold Legion vs. Mordru story!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Tales of the Substitute Legion #1
Written by Paul Levitz. Art by Chris Sprouse
Variant Cover by Amanda Conner

An untold tale of the Subs, as Dream Girl becomes the newest member! As Night Girl and Dreamy go shopping, Mordru the Merciless strikes! As the Legion lies helpless, can the Subs step up to save the Earth??

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Ha! Maybe they don't get along!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm thinking Lydda was all happy be the only girl in the Subs and getting all the attention from the guys.

Then suddenly, here comes Dreamy, the ultimate Diva, with all the guys drooling over her. Man, there could have been some great stories there.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Aw,man! Now I'm itching to read these untold tales!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
It would've been an awesome duel with one dressed in all black and the other in all white. Dream Girl would have to wear her white cape of course!

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
With the Cosmic Boy Version of the subs, there were Lu and the flighty one...omigod, I like completely spaced on her name...really.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.