Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Complete Continuity Match-Up Checklist: from Baxter to Levitz Relaunch (revised) (Page 26)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27   
Author Topic: The Complete Continuity Match-Up Checklist: from Baxter to Levitz Relaunch (revised)
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
Added reference to Validus in #9.
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
Added the erasure of the Fatal Five from history.

Honestly, I can't imagine any change to history short of getting rid of Superboy (or making a fundamental change to the premise) that would screw up history more than this. Before this, the biggest change for the New 52 was having new costumes in the Adventure era.

the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, retconning the five out of existence is just plain bad decision making.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Arromdee:

Changes to other Legion versions (non-retcon, retcon, or mistake)

L3W: Current Earth Brainiac 5 transforms threeboot Lightning Lad's body into a Garth body.

L3W: Shikari returns to her Legion, fixes dangler from the start of the Threeboot. Misspelled as "Shakari".

Great work, Ken. It's amazing how much detail you put into this. Just a few corrections - Threeboot Element Lad was also killed by Superboy-Prime during this story.

It was Postboot Live Wire's body that was transformed into a Garth body.

And Shikari had been shown returning to her Legion in Infinite Crisis 6. Inexplicably, they were shown on Earth-247, which was apparently the Postboot Legion's Earth. The assumption is they were lost AGAIN in the timestream/void after that.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Intentional retcon (during V6)
Adventure #516: The Legion tried to get Superman, not Superboy; getting Superboy was a mistake (revealed to be intentional on Brainy's part in #519). It occurs to me that this makes sense because Superboy isn't a superhero in the present, so he's not in the history books and the Legion and Brande wouldn't intentionally recruit him.

- re this part, would this also mean that the current Legion never had a maximum age limit for new members?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
^^It's an interesting problem.

Once you take out Superman's career as Superboy, you lose the whole "Hey, Superman started as a teen, so we can be super-heroes, too!" aspect of the Legion's origin. It makes more sense for them to be inspired by the Teen Titans or someone at that point, but then why go back and recruit Kal-El rather than, say, Kon-El?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Added the above corrections and of course Timber Wolf getting a new origin.
Mykey3000
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mykey3000   Author's Homepage   Email Mykey3000         Edit/Delete Post     
As a historian its driving me nuts that I can't find the Facebook posts by Levitz regarding continuity... Did anyone save the text, and if so could you post it?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ken Arromdee:
[QB] Paul has said (on Facebook) that this timeline is not in continuity.[/COLOR] This particularly means it's not evidence for Conspiracy happening, or Shadow Lass marrying and divorcing, along with some other items like the Legion being inspired by Superboy (not true in current continuity) and the Great Darkness happening before Yera was disguised as Violet.

--------------------
Mykey
Cosmic Teams!

From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000863
Ken Arromdee
Active

Added Legion #0 changes.

Question: Is Phantom Girl having a crush on Brainiac 5 anywhere in the original series? (I recall that Shadow Lass did.)

the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
I keep hoping that one day I'll open up an issue of, say, Action Comics and Daily Star editor Clark Kent will be sitting up in bed telling his wife Lois that he just had the weirdest dream that started with the skies turning red...

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mykey3000
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mykey3000   Author's Homepage   Email Mykey3000         Edit/Delete Post     
Oooh thanks for the link! Are there more such sources, as you note in your list, from Facebook on here somewhere? I want to add those notes and keep updating my chronology (http://www.cosmicteams.com/legion/legion1/intro.html)

--------------------
Mykey
Cosmic Teams!

From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Mykey3000: Reading your chronology:
-- I checked All-New Collector's Edition C-55. The comic does *not* list the Legionnaires in order of joining. It lists the founders as joining first, and Triplicate Girl and Phantom Girl as next to join--and then for subsequent members it doesn't say they joined "next" or otherwise indicate that they are being listed in order. It shows Superboy and Supergirl in the same panel, and I am unaware that under any theory of joining they are considered to have joined at the same time.
-- I disagree with the idea that the pocket universe happened. There is no evidence for this--and you yourself go on to list all the things that happened because of it that are obviously not part of current continuity. We haven't even seen a Superboy statue in the dead Legionnaires. The only evidence, as far as I know, that the pocket universe story happened is that Paul Levitz has said, outside the comic, that Mon-El and Shadow Lass are divorced. Everything else points to it having not happened. (Also, the original Emerald Empress is still dead, contrary to what you claim, although I wouldn't say that is directly a result of Conspiracy.)

Mykey3000
Applicant

Hi, Ken,

I'm struggling with the DCnU chronology but am starting to separate continuity again. Sometimes I choose to wait things out before putting my time into writing/editing.

--------------------
Mykey
Cosmic Teams!

Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
I basically say that Post Flashpoint LSH started when Paul took over because 1) he mentions it in his first comic 2) the history is way different from the orignal run. ie Legion: Secret Origin.

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.