Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Greatest Supergirl Stories ever Told

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Greatest Supergirl Stories ever Told
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Comics Should Be Good is running a series of "Greatest ____ Stories Ever Told", based on user votes. One of the current ones centers on Supergirl. I imagine some of us have one or more great Legion stories we can vote for there.

Info on how to vote:

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2010/05/10/the-greatest-supergirl-stories-ever-told-voting/

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
I chose:

The Supergirl from Krypton (2005)
Who is Superwoman? (2008)
Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes- Strange Visitor from Another Century (2006)
Should Auld Aquaintance be forgot- Christmas with the Superheroes #2 (1989)
Blackest Night: Superman (2009)
Many Happy Returns (2003)
Crisis on Infinite Earths (1986)
Legion of Super-heroes- The Trial of Ontiir (Tales of the Legion around #314 I think)
All I want for Christmas- Infinite Holiday Special (2006)

With Supergirl:Cosmic Adventures if it fits the criteria, if not S/LOSH:The Dominator War. This should be interesting though, there is no definitive tenlike there is for other characters. We could get some surprises.

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

I also voted for the Ontir story (and the Webber's World one), hope we get some of those later Legion appearances in.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
I wanted a nice spread of Kara stories. I wish I could have got more actual pre-crisis stuff in but I couldn't justify it. A stunning character in less than memorable stories. I'm feeling OK about that list though, Some Waid, Loeb, Gates, Walker, David and Kelly. I considered Great Darkness but no matter how stunning she is at the end she just shows and hands Darkseid his ass with no build up.

Thinking back, I forgot Solo #1. Where she finds out Dick Malverne has cancer and remembers back to when she used to try and fool him to find out he knew she was Supergirl all along. The end where she is stroking Streaky and cries that she'll never see him again made me weep.

I like to think the stories I chose were ones where the character takes no prisoners. She's powerful, clever, empathetic and nobody's fool and I think those stories show it.

[ May 14, 2010, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: Para-Dox ]

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
pre-Crisis, she had better cameos than lead stories, alas.

but the Peter David non-Kara Supergirl of the 90 had some good stories, as I recall.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2010/05/17/the-greatest-supergirl-stories-ever-told/

Decent list, but only one Legion story.

Para-Dox
Applicant

5/10, I am pleased! It could do with a threeboot story, Waid is one of the best Kara writers ever.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.