Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Starman #50, guest-starring reboot-Thom and reboot-Tasmia (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Starman #50, guest-starring reboot-Thom and reboot-Tasmia
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
I was disappointed that this had zero follow-up for the reboot Thom and Tasmia-- a different Thom went on to become Starman, Danny Blaine.

Even if the Starman stuff was never touched on, Thom and Umbra should've had a connection that appeared 'onscreen' after this experience. The Amazers should've shared that to a much smaller degree.

Neither were ever referenced again, unfortunately. Letting relationships like these drop is partly why that era of LSH history eventually fell by the wayside. Perhaps that pertains to comics in general, as well.

Be kinda glad it was dropped for the reboot thom...remember it was his destiny to die as Starman... perhaps Dreamer was dreaming of "this Thom's" funeral instead of her thom.

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if we'll ever know what Dreamer's vision was about...

I don't remember Postboot Star Boy and Umbra interacting at all in the Legion comics anymore around that time. It would have been nice to see some of that.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
In Legion #1, Dream Girl did say something about the possibility of changing the future that she has foreseen, so maybe that's what's happened in Thom's case.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been trying to think of instances where Dream Girl actually managed to change the future since I read that. I haven't really come up with any. I'm sure there are, though.

There are more accounts of her misinterpreting things she foresaw, which is kind of weird. (Like in her introductory issue). I guess Hazy Girl's just not as good a name.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somebody
Banner-Man

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somebody   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
Also, one of the best Tasmia portrayals of any boot: regal and fierce, with a softer side she keeps well hidden. The panel where she hugs Jack and says, "Thom, if you tell any of the Legionnaires I was ever this nice to someone, I swear I'll kill you!" is one of my favorite panels of all time.

Never saw her knowing Jack's record as plausible though. UMBRA of all people, seriously?

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
I wonder if we'll ever know what Dreamer's vision was about...

It had to be about "Danny Blaine"'s origin, surely.

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
I don't remember Postboot Star Boy and Umbra interacting at all in the Legion comics anymore around that time. It would have been nice to see some of that.

Did they EVER interact in the Legion titles, beyond maybe Tasmia rolling her eyes at Thom'n'Nura?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.