Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Heroes of other worlds? (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Heroes of other worlds?
Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
Titan-

Gorla- not born with the normal telepathic abilities of the average Titan, he grew up very isolated from the rest of his kind. Even though his family was very caring and he loves them more than anything. But as he grew he learned that he had a talent for making psychic suggestions to people through physical touch. just a simple tap and he can send either simple or complicated commands to peoples minds.

this made him feel more isolated because he was never sure if anyone he touched was just following his own unconscious commands/desires or if they were actually caring for him.

he was eventually recruited by earthgrov to work in espionage. his covert actions have helped stop waring planets and sooth peace talks.

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Having a mind-controller who is actually uncomfortable with the connotations of that is different....I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who has suggestive abilities who doesn't just embrace them and run with it, so nice one Omni! [Smile]

Another one from Titan:

At the Legion of Superheroes' very first public appearance, somebody asked Imra Ardeen why she chose the name Saturn Girl when Saturn is only the planet her homeworld orbits...the question was raised, wouldn't it make more sense to call herself Titan Girl? Imra explained that she couldn't take the name Titan Girl; that name already belonged to Dacey Gorann, one of Titan's most beloved heroines.

Titan Girl possesses the ability to absorb ambient psions in her immediate vicinity and use them to fuel her power to increase her size, making her kind of a Titanian Colossal Girl. A side-effect of this ability is that she actively dampens psionic powers in a radius around her as she increases in size. The larger she grows, the wider her dampening net extends and the more power it leeches. Her own telepathy isn't immune to this effect, so she can't use her natural Titanian abilities when she is at giant size...her own natural telepathy isn't that well-developed anyway and as most people around her generally can't use their powers either, she doesn't consider this much of a setback.

Titan Girl did very briefly join a precursor to the Legion of Superheroes known as the Justice Legion, but she quickly resigned when she realised that her power was far more limited in scope once she left a planet full of telepaths...she was also concerned that her psion-leeching ability might actually be damaging to people who don't generate an excess of psionic energy to begin with, as telepaths do. At any rate, the Justice Legion fell apart soon after its inception under mysterious circumstances.

Titan Girl now exists in the fairly unique position of being very well-regarded as a hero with a lot of experience on Titan, but practically unknown anywhere else in the UP.

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I kind of love the idea of a Titanian who taps into all the telepathic energy running around on Titan and uses it to do something else! A telekinetic, powered by telepaths in the area, could be Jean Grey levels of awesome, on Titan, and, on earth, barely able to move a paperclip (and, depending on how her power works, attempting to do so might cause non-telepathic humans around her to suffer headaches or nosebleeds or memory lapses or fainting spells, as she attempts to draw upon psychic energies that they don't have to spare...).
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

Lume- a planet that is arid blue dessert. a world that is always at dusk. the dominate life form on the planet are sprightly balls of light that fly around. each of these sprites can generate heat and grow to the standard size of a human. their larger form is translucent.

Sorry for the geography lesson. but i figured some nice background to help understand the characters to follow.

The Blue Night-On this planet there is a silent hero to the Lumians. this hero is made from the very blue dessert they call home. he shift his form in the sand and creates sand storms when needed. but what they don't know is that its actually their own power of light projection is what drives the blue dessert. the blue dessert has like a hive mind, that shift from grain of sand to grain of sand and they see the lumians as almost god like figures shining down on them and giving them light.

BrightStar- A light manipulator. whose able to use the light from other lumians to create blinding light shows that can blind even the brightest lumian. also allows for small energy burst in laser form. his light shines the brightest around other lumians but his own light isn't as bright when he's alone. still capable of flight. When he draws the light from the other lumians he makes them dimmer. in some cases it has almost drained a few of his people of their life light.

learned very early that his light wasn't as bright at others but one day, when the Krudian Empire invaded. he was one of the Lumians to fight back. but he noticed during battle that as he became more aggressive and intense his light got brighter. but the light of his fellow Lumians weren't as bright. As he fought he began to show small burst from his hands and his speed came with a little burst as well.
when this happened he noticed some of his fellow freedom fighters fall to the ground. almost lifeless. One of them was his best friend, Starshine.

as he tried to save her she was captured by the Krudian soldiers. They left before he could save her. he began to train in the use of his powers to not kill those around him and use their light safely. he vowed he will find away to save her.

--------------------

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
From Mars;

Lohsy Treannan, aka 'Genius Girl' developed her unique talent (or, some would say, condition) after barely surviving an accident on Mars that left her without breathable atmosphere for over a day. Found in a comatose state, when she finally awoke, she seemed to be suffering from visual and auditory hallucinations, at least, until it was proven that these 'hallucinations' were providing her with accurate information that she couldn't possibly have otherwise known.

From these 'Intelligences,' as she called them, she could learn many things about her local environment, or, over time, about people in an area, and it was never entirely clear if she was in communication with actual invisible entities, or if she had some ability to sense things over great distances, and her 'communications' were simply her brains way of parceling out information in discrete chunks, to save her from overload. In any event, once it was determined that her constantly 'talking to herself' and addressing invisible entities wasn't a sign of chemical imbalance or mental trauma, she was released from observation and allowed to resume a more or less normal life, turning her new talents to investigative work, as the many 'voices in her head' gave her a wide array of perspectives on any given case, in addition to valuable information.

She seemed to have access to both 'local Intelligences,' which had more specific information on wherever she found herself, and her 'regulars,' who attended her wherever she went, and some theorized that she was in actual communion with some sort of psychic or spiritual remnants of the long-dead Martian race.

The truth may never be known, but the effectiveness of her unique talent is irrefutable!

Omni
Honorary

Steeple -

A planet that is hidden for a decade at a time by a black hole.

Like any world cut off from the rest of the U.P. it has its share of problems. the S.P's are able to deal with most things. But there is an order of Monks there trained in the use of harmonic healing. they ride the winds on giant beast. Three of the monks have taken to becoming local protectors forming a squad of wind riders. they try for peaceful resolution but are trained fighters and each with powerful variation of the Harmonic sounds they create.

Friar Hiam - capable of harmonic sonar. The eldest of the monks, he's their leader in the field. But he's also the quietest of them all. his voice is soft but when he does speak everyone can hear him.

Friar Evly - his particular sound capabilities allow him to sooth almost anyone into submission and almost putting them into a trance like state.
an eager young monk, who has recently entered into the brother hood and as much as he believes in the peaceful ways of the monks, these adventures as protectors intrigues him.

Friar Semel - the only monk whose harmonic abilities is destructive. he has the ability to produce a sonic cry that can shatter almost anything. he uses it more localized to take out his opponent weapons. he can also create a wall of sound as a shield. Very much the middle man between his two brothers. he tends to be the strategist of the group.

--------------------

Set

quote:
Originally posted by Omni:
[QB] Steeple -
A planet that is hidden for a decade at a time by a black hole.

But there is an order of Monks there trained in the use of harmonic healing. they ride the winds on giant beasts.

That's a super-evocative idea you've got there!

Very creative and cool!

I like how the youngest and most 'impetuous' of the friars also happens to have a peaceful power, and isn't the one with the destructive resonance harmonics, and how the 'leader' and eldest has a purely sensory / information-gathering power. That's a nice mixup.

Set

From Xanthu;

Thom Kallor was never the only 'champion of Xanthu,' and nor was Atmos, for that matter.

For decades, four champions have been chosen by the pre-eminent scientific body of the planet, and empowered with mastery over one of the four fundemental forces of the univese. Thom Kallor, imbued with gravity manipulating powers, as Star Boy (his origin falsified, as the nature of the process is classified), is the most widely known of these, and his own powers have been altered over the years, as he has served off-world (the bulk of the powers artificially bestowed upon him transferred instead to local protector, Atmos).

Easily the most popular, Jasmin Cullen, aka Brightflame, has command of the 'strong' nuclear force, which binds atoms together. Manifesting as a greenish 'fire' that radiates a warm golden light, she can cause matter to fall apart into its component atoms, utterly disintegrating it on the molecular level. Alternately, she can generate a purple 'fire' that dims light and sucks in heat from its surroundings, and instead reinforce the atomic bonds of the item she targets, making items (or people) temporarily effectively invulnerable. Using these powers, she is able to become invulnerable to harm, and to destroy anything she turns her green flame upon. Creative applications of her power allow her to 'disintegrate' herself, while remaining in conscious control of her power, allowing her to become a form of glowing green mist, and move incorporeally through most obstacles, or to use her reinforcing violet fire to repair damaged objects, or even to selectively strengthen someone's molecular bonds so that they can not move, paralyzed by the same forces that are protecting them from harm.

Like the other members of the fundemental-force-empowered champions, she uses her powers not merely as a super-powered combatant, but also in the course of civic works, destroying pollutants or reinforcing disaster-damaged buildings, as the situation warrants.

Omni
Honorary

Thanks Set!

I wanted to stay away from the idea of the youngest having a destructive power.

and i feel like a leader needs knowledge, so why not have him be the intel.

also i love your Genius Girl. but i have a question does he ability work outside of Mars or only on Mars??

--------------------

Set

quote:
Originally posted by Omni: also i love your Genius Girl. but i have a question does he ability work outside of Mars or only on Mars??
I didn't want to nail down exactly how her ability works, so I left it a bit fuzzy on purpose. She does have some 'regulars' who seem to be attached to her, in addition to the 'locals' she communes with at any given location, so even off of Mars, she might be able to make use of these 'regulars.' (Unless they really *are* the discorporate 'telepathic echoes' of the long dead Martian race, in which case maybe they can't follow her off of Mars! Or maybe they can, being spiritually linked to her and, more or less, 'possessing' her? Eh, six of one, half-dozen of the other.)

Whatever keeps the mystery alive. [Smile]

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't read much with Steeple in it, but the idea of it fascinates me, cool work with the monks. [Smile]

And I love the reimagining of Jasmin! Awesome!! Also, the idea that Star Boy's origin is a cover is super interesting, makes me wonder if any of the other Legionnaires or even Dreamy would know. Thom has been pretty dedicated to his world in the past, I could see him keeping it a secret if he is instructed to...

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Originally posted by razsolo: And I love the reimagining of Jasmin! Awesome!!
I wanted to introduce a version of her for the 'classic' continuity, and yet not go to the 'quantum' well of squiffily-defined powers. The strong nuclear force makes for a very powerful ability (which suits her), and yet is easier to nail down, I think.

quote:
Also, the idea that Star Boy's origin is a cover is super interesting, makes me wonder if any of the other Legionnaires or even Dreamy would know. Thom has been pretty dedicated to his world in the past, I could see him keeping it a secret if he is instructed to...
Thanks! I wanted to play with the idea that he used to have a ton of powers (Superboy-like in nature) and has been cut down to just gravity manipulation (while, not-so-coincidentally, a stay at home hero named Atmos has taken his place as planetary champion, and now has the same Superboy-like powers). Having the powers be some sort of legacy handed down (and sometimes taken back and re-gifted) by the Xanthuan government / science authority, keeps his past power changes in-continuity, while coming up with an explanation for them more detailed than 'they went away' and 'oh, and here's Atmos, a totally unrelated guy with pretty much the same powers...'
Omni
Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
From Xanthu;

Easily the most popular, Jasmin Cullen, aka Brightflame, has command of the 'strong' nuclear force, which binds atoms together. Manifesting as a greenish 'fire' that radiates a warm golden light, she can cause matter to fall apart into its component atoms, utterly disintegrating it on the molecular level. Alternately, she can generate a purple 'fire' that dims light and sucks in heat from its surroundings, and instead reinforce the atomic bonds of the item she targets, making items (or people) temporarily effectively invulnerable. Using these powers, she is able to become invulnerable to harm, and to destroy anything she turns her green flame upon. Creative applications of her power allow her to 'disintegrate' herself, while remaining in conscious control of her power, allowing her to become a form of glowing green mist, and move incorporeally through most obstacles, or to use her reinforcing violet fire to repair damaged objects, or even to selectively strengthen someone's molecular bonds so that they can not move, paralyzed by the same forces that are protecting them from harm.

Like the other members of the fundemental-force-empowered champions, she uses her powers not merely as a super-powered combatant, but also in the course of civic works, destroying pollutants or reinforcing disaster-damaged buildings, as the situation warrants.

i love this re imagining of her! and she sounds powerful enough to join the legion!

i like the explanation of Thom's power changes as well.

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

Here's another one from Steeple...idk why but i'm really just intrigued by this planet. I think its because of the reboot planets its the one we got to see the most of but yet didn't learn that much about...

Black Hole -Griem - able to increase the gravity of people and things much like Star Boy, but he steals the gravity from the Black hole that cuts off Steeple from the rest of the U.P. for 10 years at a time.
He is connected to the black hole, because he was born during the onset of one. He mass affecting powers emerged shortly after his birth. As he grew he learned to control them. On his tenth birthday, the Black hole was lifting. He was using his mass powers to help keep him attached to one of the gliding beast without having to use the reins.
suddenly his mass powers faded and as he took a sharp turn, he feel from the beast's back. as he plummeted to his death, he was saved by The monks. specifically a younger Friar Hiam.
He realized that his powers came from the black hole's presence.

The boy was so grateful to the Friar Hiam that he sought out to be a monk just like Friar Hiam. But as he grew and came closer to being a monk he realized that the life of a monk was not for him. this event also coincide with the Black hole reemerging. As the black hole closed in many people were frantic to get off planet before it cut off transportation from Steeple. there were various ships that were about to take off, after the alarms went off that no more ships were allowed to leave; and he used his mass increasing powers to keep them from being destroyed by the Black hole. he felt the excitement of saving people and looked into the hero life. Not long after this he ran into Friar Haim again, But this time with his fellow wind riders squad. The three Friar's were in pursuit of a local villain who was in mid-transport to Talkton-Glactous (sP?)when the black hole reemerged and was marooned on Stepple. He broke free of his restraints and killed several Science Police officers. Griem followed the wind riders through the Ariel catacombs. As the Friar's closed in on the Villain he took each of them out and captured them. the villain had acquired a cave and some gear to maneuver around the skies.

Black hole followed the villain to his lair, where he ambushed him. using his mass powers to pin him to a wall. while he freed the Friar's.

As he grows older he learned that he can actually create mini black holes and uses it as a portal to the other side of the black hole. he has yet to actually try going through himself or sending a living person. but he does send objects.

As his power is tied to the black holes reemergence into Steeple's orbit, he can only use his powers during it and on Steeple. He ventured out once during a safe time and tired to use his powers. but nothing happened. once he returned back to Steeple, he still had no powers but he could sense mass differences.

--------------------

Set

Ha, I wasn't sure if Steeple was a 'real' Legion World, or something you'd made up! Guess I really need to catch up on my Reboot stuff!

It sounds really fascinating, with the black hole isolation and the flying steeds. Both alien and sci-fi funktastic!

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.