Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Heroes of other worlds? (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Heroes of other worlds?
Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
These ten characters seem so obvious to me that I don’t think any further elaboration is necessary.

1 MoonHawk & SunHawk (husband & wife) – Planetary Champions of Thanagar

2 Dono & Mara (brother & sister) – Planetary Champions of Kormo

3 Superma & Superbo (mother & son) – Planetary Champions of Almerac

4 Ubuntu & Satyagraha (father & daughter) – Planetary Champions of Myrnah

5 Parsifal & Quixote (brothers) – Planetary Champions of Avalon

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
Daxam- During the Great Darkness, the New God known as Darkside corrupted the people of Daxam, controlling them and boosting their power levles to rule the universe. But The Legion was able to defeat Darkside's rule.

even though Darkside was gone his taint was still deep within some of the Damaxites.

The average Damaxite doesn't have any super powers under a red sun. But what no one knew was that even though Darkside wasn't in power long he was there long enough to sire several off spring that are half Damaxite and half New God.

Now they are in hiding with their mothers who still worship Darkside. They have formed a clan of their own that lives out in the dessert lands of Damax's southern hemisphere.

They roam the dessert gather materials and followers for the day when Darkside will return. They defend their settlement fiercely and are seen as out laws. One of them is the leader of this pack and rules his clan with an iron fist much like his father, who reveals in torture and pain.

Larn Fald- the eldest of the Children of Darkside. He resembles Darkside the most. His height and weight are that of the average Damaxites but his skin is a hard shell hide of rock just like his father. He is also strong and near invulnerable to most physical attacks.

As the eldest son, he automatically ascends to the role of clan leader upon turning 15. He remains in this role till the return of his father. As he is a son of Darkside he is imbued with the knowledge of the new gods and apolokpis. Due to this he follows the ways of apolokpis to the best of his abilities, punishing those who don't obey and punish those who do.

The way he does this is that he possesses a power that his father does not. He has the power of persuasion. This ability comes from a latent meta gene with in his mothers side of the family. Her family for generations were senators and held various seats of power influence in large part due to their persuasive abilities. but with their gene's combined with that of Darkside it brings it to a whole new level.

there have been rumblings lately that Larn has finally amassed enough followers to rise a revolt and stage the settings to bring back Darkside.

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I much prefer this take on a Darkseid cult to what we got in the comic...Larn Fald on his own would be a good foe even if they never get round to bringing Darkseid back!

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the idea of expanding on what sort of long-term effects the Great Darkness Saga would have had on the people of Daxam.

A race of people who spent at least *ten centuries* capable of spaceflight, surrounded by an interstellar community, but forced to remain at home, due to their weakness to lead, which they are pretty much sure was engineered to keep them homebound.

And then they get a taste of the power that is, quite literally, their birthright. Yes, they lacked control, but they surely *remember* what it was like to soar through space, to descend upon worlds, and to be *feared.* From an introspective race, on the edge of utter irrelevance to matters of UP import, to the most terrifyingly relevant people in the universe, it must have been a bit of culture shock, even after the effects of Darkseid's control where a distant memory. While homebodies, the Daxamites aren't totally cut off from the rest of the UP through long-distance communiction, and while few would say it to a Daxamites face, everybody in the UP didn't magically forget what happened. Researchers who may have thought of themselves as good friends and colleagues of Daxamite researchers they'd never physically met may suddenly have found themselves less comfortable with their 'old friends.'

A lot of people would be quietly saying, behind closed doors, 'It's a good thing they can't leave Daxam, but even *that* isn't a foolproof solution, as we've just seen...'

And at least some Daxamites, quite possibly *a lot* of Daxamites, would be idly dreaming of what it was like to be able to fly into space and cross the void between worlds, afraid of nothing, able to go anywhere, and do anything...

Even if a Darkseid cultist *didn't* have unnatural powers of persuasion, it seems likely that there would be an audience receptive to those sorts of sentiments. Darkseid himself may not be remembered fondly by all, or even by more than a tiny minority, but he was the one who showed them that they didn't *have* to remain trapped on the prison that is their homeworld, so that the more subtle 'cultist' might stress the need to trust the message of Daxamite freedom and independence, if not the messenger that was Darkseid.

Random thoughts;

Fifteen seems a little old (since it suggests that the Great Darkness Saga happened fifteen years ago, which would make the Legionnaires who were already adults then perhaps forty or so 'now'...).

On the one hand, if the child was five or so, and yet had an unnaturally adult perspective (almost as if there was something of his father lurking behind his child's eyes...), that could be creepy and push the timeline back a bit.

On the other hand, nothing exists in canon to contradict the idea that Darkseid hadn't been planning this for a long time, growing clones of Superman and Lydea Mallor and some random Oan Guardian, for instance, and hadn't visited Daxam a decade before the Great Darkness Saga to 'plant some seeds' for his future plan.

It's also entirely possible that the 'Children of Darkseid' aren't 100% accurate as to their exact parentage, and are descendents of some hitherto nameless Apokaliptan New God *servants* of Darkseid (one or more of whom, like Orion and Kalibak, may have actually been descended from Darkseid!) who went to Daxam to 'prepare the way' for their master's decade-later arrival.

[ December 18, 2012, 12:38 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
I much prefer this take on a Darkseid cult to what we got in the comic...Larn Fald on his own would be a good foe even if they never get round to bringing Darkseid back!

thanks Raz. he would make for an interesting villain.

especially if he was combined with some of the ideas Set mentioned.

i have never actually read The Great Darkness. everything i used was just from what i read on Wikipedia. But i love a lot of your concepts about freedom and independence that they would feel. your totally right. i just thought an event like that would have a lasting affect on the people.
and i kind of think of it as like a Greek myth, like Hercules except instead of Zeus we have Darkside.

his being 15 was more to put him on par with the Legion and being able to fight them now. When TGD happens he was just a baby. i like the concept that some of the "Children of Darkside" aren't actually his biological children but maybe those of the other new gods.

--------------------

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klar Ken T5477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
Krypton and Daxam are huge.

At least ten times the diameter of Earth, four to five times the density, with gravitation forty to fifty times that of Earth. Krypton, at least, was so massive that spontaneous nuclear fusion was occurring at its core.

Krypton was said to have a hundred billion inhabitants at the end-- about 1/7th the population density of 21st-century Earth. (Assuming a similar land-to-sea ratio) Similar to the United States-- plenty of room for big cities, but still lots of open space.

I imagine Daxam as having a population of less than a billion. A very small population for such a large planet. Imagine the entire human population living in Belgium; the rest of the world would be untouched wilderness.

What might be hiding in that vast, untouched wilderness?

The Darkseid Cult, apparently.

I am not sure most Daxamites feel "trapped" on Daxam. They have been portrayed as mostly homebodies, isolated, xenophobic and parochial, possibly with an constitution more like Hobbits than Terrans. (Of course, there is always the occasional Took or Baggins, but those are outliers, like Ol-Vir and Res-Vir.)

I have sometimes thought that the Daxamite wilderness is where Nam-Ek eventually ended up.

--------------------

Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Klar Ken T5477:
I imagine Daxam as having a population of less than a billion.
I am not sure most Daxamites feel "trapped" on Daxam.

I'd tend to agree with the relatively small population. They've been a super-advanced (capable of interstellar space flight) civilization for over 1000 years, and birth rates tend to plummet in older societies.

But even if there's only a *million* of them, and 99% of them are totally happy on Daxam, that would leave 10,000 (the 1% leftover) that might look up to the stars and think it unfair that every other UP race has that entire universe to play with. Even if it was only one-tenth of 1% that longed for something more (or remembered somewhat fondly feeling all-powerful, under the red sun), that's 1000 potential Darkseid cultists...

Even *one* Daxamite nutjob (like Ol-Vir) can be terrifying. A dinky little cult the size of the Waco group made up of individuals who can potentially match Superman for power is exponentially more so, I think.

Set

From a pocket dimension not unlike Marzal, which can be accessed from Baja California;

Queen Khalifiya and her amazons occasionally ride forth from the extradimensional realm her people settled, astride the magnificent griffons that have been extinct on earth for well over two millenia.

Led by an elite group of female warriors possessed of superhuman strength, vitality and longevity, the people of her hidden realm are of African descent, and follow a more worldly branch of Sufi Islam that seeks perfect understanding of the divine through scientific research, philosophical discourse and artistic expression.

While her elite warriors ride their great griffons directly, the Queen herself appears astride a flying chariot pulled by a pair of ebon-winged specimens of unusual size, and commands greater physical strength than her already superhuman guards, proving able to fire arrows through the hulls of Khundian attack ships!

It is unclear if Queen Khalifiya is the same person who led her people through the dimensional rift to settle this realm millenia ago, or merely the latest to bear this name, but the legend, often disputed as myth, has been proven true time and again as her people emerge to help deal with threats to the earth itself, lending their not-inconsiderable aid, and then returning to their own hidden realm.

Klar Ken T5477

[Bizarro Yellow Lantern Le-Mon
When the Universe of 31st-century Htrae, the cubic Bizarro-World, was threatened with destruction in the Great Crisis, all the inhabitants rejoiced—except one. Le-Mon, the Bizarro duplicate of Lar Gand, was filled with terror. Of course, Le-Mon is always filled with terror, just as Green Lanterns are ever fearless. His super-cowardice activated his “powerless ring”, which projected a protective field around Htrae, assuring that it would always continue to exist somewhere in the Multiverse no matter how many times history was retrobooted.

Thus, for no good or logical reason, the Silver Age Bizarro World of Htrae exists in the current 31st-century world of the Legion.

Having saved Htrae from destruction, Bizarro Yellow Lantern Le-Mon is shunned, hated and reviled by all other Bizarros—and is therefore Bizarro World’s Planetary Champion, its greatest hero. Which terrifies him.

--------------------

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Love the idea of a planet that's immune to reboots.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

Agreed love your bizarro world!

no reboots? i'll take a world like that please!

--------------------

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Well that's certainly an ironic post when combined with your current sig. [Smile]
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I have had Bizarros on the brain the past few days because I am trying to come up with a way to insert some into my series, so I was mightily tickled that you chose that exact topic, Mr T5477!

That is a brilliant and super simple way to do it too...kudos!

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

I love that Mon-El's name is an anagram of 'Lemon.' I never would have noticed that!

The 'super-cowardice' activating his 'powerless ring' was a touch of mad genius. Very cool!

Omni
Honorary

Anndrann - The green skinned military geniuses Anndrann of Anndranna were later banished to Bellatrix, and are famed for their weapons of war. Iron has a deleterious effect on their cognitive abilities.

Metrixx-Kanndrnn, Once a general in the Anndrann army, before Anndranna was being defeated in the war between them and the U.P.; which got them banished. during his time as a general he became an expert in tactics. During the final battle his ship, which was the newest toy of the Anndrann army, was struck from behind damaging its back thrusters and causing them to over heat and exploding the ship.
Going down with the ship everyone thought he was dead. But he was rescued by U.P. secret forces for interrogation and brought to the hospital, The Doctors in the U.P. hospital were unfamiliar with the exact physiologists of Anndrannins; as they kept all weakness top secret. They fused his left side with metal to stop the bleeding and to save his life. The metal they used was Iron. they didn't know that Iron causes a deleterious effect on Anndrannins. Normally a small dose of Iron would only make him become slightly out of sorts. often making him have small flash backs to various battles he's fought. These flashbacks only lasted for a second. But fused with this much Iron, he has now become almost psychotic and is reliving his battles in his mind over and over again. At first he was hard to control. even escaping on a few occasions. One such incident of that was when he was reliving the snapping of A diplomat from another world's neck, as a special task force member to the Anndranian army. But in reality he had killed the hospital's resident head doctor.

Finally subduing him after several more deaths, they put him in to cry o-statis, till they could figure out how to treat him.

almost 600 years has passed since then. Recently he was awakened. Using much of the same technology that was used to create Tharok, they have figured out a way to use his delusions usefully and still have full metal capacity to follow orders. He now only can assess the memories in moments of extreme aggression.

The technology has also increased his capacity for learning and tactical simulations. The U.P. sought to train him as part of the ever secretive Earthgrov special task forces. On his first mission, he completed flawlessly but then he escaped to his home world. Seeing that the way of his people had been changed. that they had moved to a new world and forced into submission angered him. He wanted to fight back for them but he realized that the war he was fight had long since been over for his people and he returned to Earthgrov willingly.

[ December 30, 2012, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Omni ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.