Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Heroes of other worlds? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  15  16  17   
Author Topic: Heroes of other worlds?
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I really like both your ideas Tom...invisibility in darkness is a clever power when everyone on your world can see in the dark normally...and Zwen is one of the worlds I would like to see explored more in the Legion universe because the idea of a society that has to shut down for half the year is fascinating to me. I always wonder how they interact with the rest of the UP, and if they're kind of considered to be one of the backwater worlds because they'd be so far behind everyone else....

Lullabye Lad is a Zwennian hero I came up with for my fanfic. He's like the Jigglypuff of the future, sending people to sleep with a vocal command. Given how hard we've seen it is to wake Stone Boy up in the past, I'd imagine that's something that would come in really handy fighting crime on his homeworld...

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Some Imskian heroes;

Doctor Atom Doctor Atom can shrink herself, but, more importantly, can shrink items of medical equipment, emergency supplies and survival gear. She's a trained medic / physician's assistant / xeno-physiologist, and can use her own shrinking abilities to enter the bodies of non-Imskian opponents and cause all sorts of physiological disruptions, preferring to block nerves for a quick resolution. She carries an assortment of shrunken equipment on her person, from medical gears to nonlethal weaponry to an inflatable ten-man emergency survival shelter! She's both a bit of a 'girl scout,' with all sorts of unusual gear stowed away on her person, 'just in case' and has a bit of a problem with holding onto stuff that she probably won't ever find a use for...

Tensor Tensor is able to alter his size with incredible speed, and can expand fast enough that his hand to hand strikes explode with 10,000 PSI as he 'growth-strikes' into a person. His body is not significantly stronger than that of a normal person, so he must be extremely careful to avoid 'grow-striking' a hard surface, or at such an angle that his limb bears the brunt of the force (as he'd snap his own arm in a microsecond!), and so he has developed a loose-limbed and very precise fighting style, using his growth powers more to push people away in a fashion similar to judo, than to deliver damage via a 'harder' martial art style. He learned this lesson the hard way, and is sometimes hesitant to use his abilities in this way, as he shattered the bones in his arm badly, attempting to push away an object while improperly braced. He is fond of using his ability to shrink away from a blow faster than most people can react, to play 'keep away' and 'rope a dope,' allowing a more powerful opponent to wear himself out futilely trying to hit him. He has even managed to 'dodge' an explosion, in this manner, becoming small enough to 'surf' the shockwaves to safety.

Micromass At full size, his destructively unstable shrinking field is at weakest intensity, and yet still annhilates light and air striking his body, so that he appears a hazy black humanoid form, accompanied by a shift in air pressure. As he reduces, the power of this destructive aura increases, collapsing items he touches with intense force, making him like a living black hole, when the size of a coin. Only a special force-field exosuit allows him to co-exist non-destructively with the outside world, although, when at full size, special treatments involving nth metal can temporarily neutralize his powers, allowing him a few hours of normalcy, at the price of remaining human-sized and being unable to interact with shrunken Imskians. Due to the nature of his powers, and the constant containment required, it's been whispered that he's one step away from being the next Mano, doomed to a life of villainy, but those who know him find him to be disarmingly upbeat about his situation, with an enviable youthful resiliency and seemingly inexhaustible sense of optimism. If anything, the sense of anonymity that his powers give him (by concealing his features) makes him a bit fearless, socially, despite a sheltered upbringing and, in his hours of power-negated 'freedom,' plagued by seemingly uncharacteristic attacks of shyness and social awkwardness. He's more comfortable as a shadowy superheroic force of nature, than as a teenaged boy...

Colony Queen Colony Queen is a mutant, unable to reduce her mass, but able to shrink all the same. When she reduces to half her mass, instead of merely growing shorter, she produces a second self, equally sized, and as she continues to reduce her size, more duplicates of herself appear, all linked to her as they share a single group consciousness. At half-height, there are eight of her. When she reduces to one tenth of her normal size, there are a thousand of her, at that size, each weighing only a few ounces, and while they have only the strength appropriate to their tiny size, they are incredibly well-coordinated, and can perform complicated mechanical tasks (or acts of surveillance) in fluid circumstances that the best programmed mechanical nanobot might prove unable to adapt to. She has learned the hard way that if any of her 'selves' do not return, the loss of mass is reflected in her larger self, as pain and bruising distributed across her body, for a smaller 'manikin,' and more traumatic damage for a more significant loss. While it's hardly the superheroic norm, she has learned that adding a few extra pounds makes it easier to acclimate to such events, as the non-vital fatty tissues seem to disproportionately absorb the trauma of lost manikin. As a result, while other active heroes try to keep themselves in a lean, athletic fighting trim, she's strongly motivated to keep herself at a less toned 'fighting weight,' and tends to carry a bit more weight than some of her heroic peers.

[ April 10, 2011, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Colony Queen!! I love her! I had a villain in an RPG once called Snow Pea who duplicated by splitting his mass into 5 smaller bodies...but Colony Queen is like a million times better realised version of that idea! Love it! [Big Grin]

I also dig Doctor Atom, she has a "Dr Pym Scientific Adventurer" circa the old West Coast Avengers days feel about her...

I am gonna think up some more to kill the last couple of hours at work and post them tonight from home [Smile]

--------------------
postlo3w

Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
I am gonna think up some more to kill the last couple of hours at work and post them tonight from home [Smile]

Looking forward to it!
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
re: giant sandworms, I say go for it! There can never be too many giant destroyer worms IMO... [Big Grin]

Camel spiders are pretty scary and can grow up to 8" long even on boring 21st Century Earth, who knows what the Talokkian equivalent would be like?

-

Giant crystal spiders killed Umbra's mother, the Talokian champion before Umbra.
The British 'Primeval' series had 8 - 10 foot desert type spiders that were supposed to come from Earth's past.
Bugs of any kind are sooo ickkky great.

[ April 11, 2011, 02:47 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Some from Winath!

Flora and Fauna, two teenage female twins who are connected to respectively the Green and the Red of their world...so Flora can control and communicate with plant life, and Fauna can do the same with animal life. As they get older they will grow more into their abilities and have wider range and more diverse effects. At the moment though their powers are at a level that are useful for minor crime-fighting, but not much beyond that. They are also connected to their own biosphere, so are powerless outside of Winath (this may or may not change as they get older as well).

Double Trouble: Junio and Marin Wiviarre seemed normal Winathian boys growing up, though they seemed to have a closer bond than would be expected even of identical twins. They both naturally excelled at physical activities, and were both quite extroverted. They became professional wrestlers and minor celebrities on Winath, but they have a secret that only their parents know....there is no Marin Wiviarre.

Junio is a singleton with the mutant ability to split into two identical beings. Nobody really knows where this ability comes from, though the family suspects it may be the result of one of Junio's great-grandparents coming from the planet Janus (Double-Header's homeworld). Junio split for the first time in the womb, and the two bodies only merged again when there were no hospital staff around to see. His parents kept this a secret, and as he grew older they realised that the two boys were extensions of the one individual, but they couldn't face the scandal of having a singleton child. They trained Junio to treat his other self as a brother, but in reality there is only one personality between them.

When his bodies merge, Double Trouble is twice as fast, strong and tough as his already well-developed bodies and while separated the two share the one mind. "They" became a well-known public hero for the adventure, but also because Junio is secretly scared he will turn out evil or insane due to the Winathian prejudice against single births and he needs to prove himself. He is terrified that one day someone will find out his awful secret, and hopes that Junio and Marin's popularity will distract anyone from looking too closely.

--------------------
postlo3w

Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Double Trouble: Junio and Marin Wiviarre seemed normal Winathian boys growing up, though they seemed to have a closer bond than would be expected even of identical twins.
We already have Cargg.

Actually, it would be interesting to have a Carggite pretend to be two Winathians....

Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:

Mimic Mimic specializes in assuming very precise humanoid forms, down to the genetic level, and can adapt so precisely as to gain access to the abilities of the race mimiced. This process requires assimilation of biological matter from the 'donor,' and Mimic is scrupulous about getting permission first,

This won't work because there's absolutely no reason why this character should not step into a Legion meeting (or the Legion Academy) and ask for permission from everyone present so that he has a large library of forms. The characters being heroes, they would have to agree.
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Originally posted by Ken Arromdee:
quote:
Double Trouble: Junio and Marin Wiviarre seemed normal Winathian boys growing up, though they seemed to have a closer bond than would be expected even of identical twins.
We already have Cargg.

Actually, it would be interesting to have a Carggite pretend to be two Winathians....

Perhaps a pair of twins with a Winathian father and a Carggite mother, who are able to not only produce three dupes each, but also to merge into each other to produce one person with six times the strength, etc. of a single person.
razsolo
Substitute

quote:
Originally posted by Ken Arromdee:
quote:

Mimic Mimic specializes in assuming very precise humanoid forms, down to the genetic level, and can adapt so precisely as to gain access to the abilities of the race mimiced. This process requires assimilation of biological matter from the 'donor,' and Mimic is scrupulous about getting permission first,

This won't work because there's absolutely no reason why this character should not step into a Legion meeting (or the Legion Academy) and ask for permission from everyone present so that he has a large library of forms. The characters being heroes, they would have to agree.
I dunno, I can think of any number of reasons it wouldn't play out like that...I can imagine Shadow Lass and Sensor Girl would have a problem on spiritual grounds with letting someone else take the power that is theirs as their respective planetary protectors....Dawnstar or Chemical Kid are both pretty arrogant, I could see them having a problem with sharing their awesome powers with someone who hasn't earned it...and I think a lot of heroes would quite reasonably be a little apprehensive about that much power being in the hands of one person - especially if that person is going out of their way to gather as much power as they can, it would be only natural to question their motives...and even with the best intentions, there's still the possibility they could go about things the wrong way or that they could be manipulated by someone like Mordru or the Time Trapper...

--------------------
postlo3w

razsolo
Substitute

A couple more....

Macro Maid: Hani Venne was a scientist who wanted to synthesise the radiation of the space dragons which give the Imskians their ability to shrink. After a mishap in the lab, she absorbed an almost lethal dose and found herself shrinking at a rate of a couple of inches per month with no way to return to normal size. Desperate for a remedy, she approached Colossal Boy for help. With his consent, Hani spliced some of his own DNA with hers to counter the shrinking effect...it worked, and even gave her the ability to grow to a maximum height of fifteen feet, but it also permanently removed her ability to shrink. While her limited growth ability isn't that hot outside of Imsk, it makes her a behemoth amongst its tiny cities.

And from Colu, Meme. Bored with his life, Meme found a way to digitise his consciousness and transfer it through the Coluan netspace to inhabit other neural networks. When he possesses a host body, he gains access to that person's memories and skills without losing his own, but only another Coluan has a physiology sufficiently advanced to withstand the possession. There are no ill effects of his possession afterwards, so Meme travels the globe as a sort of Coluan Jessica Fletcher, solving crimes and exploring mysteries to his heart's content.

--------------------
postlo3w

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Another from Braal, to go with razsolo's Cosmic Girl;

Tungsten Torv, an attempt to kickstart his failing biomagnetic field as an infant and give him a normal life instead super-charged him so that all of the metal in the area was torn apart on a molecular level and integrated into his body.

Torv is now a living being of magnetically reinforced metal particles, like an iron sandman, and can fly apart into an electrically-charged magnetically-powered metal ‘sandstorm,' or remain in a humanoid form of magnetically contained metallic 'superfluid.'

He's sort of a highpowered Ferro, the version that couldn't change back to a flesh person?

Nice.
And sad.

I like your Augment character and she was certainly interesting in the one story that I read of yours with her in it.

Since all Coluans AREN'T 12th level, actually, only the Brainiacs, not counting 10th level Vril, ARE, right?

I think a 12th level psychopatic serial killer would be unstoppable, wouldn't he/she?

If I were going to create one, I'd put his level at a 9-11, someone who is dillusional about his/her abilities, since they usually are, and needing to best Brainy (like in a 'Criminal Minds' episode or two.)

Then, they could actually slip-up enough in their obsessions to be catchable, especially if he/she developes, like you said, or was it ML?, a fixation on Brainy.
In the reboot, Querl's mother sort of fit this idea, didn't she?
(Edit: sorry this was already mentioned by raz - I just didn't read that far yet. [Frown] )

I'd love to see Brainy and Nura as a Sherlock and Watson, with Cham and Brin for the legwork and information gatherers.
[Smile]

[ April 12, 2011, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I thought this might be fun - Dalia is a planetary champion because of her abilities.
Even moving slowly, she monitors all of the Zwen settlements during the half yearly sleeping period on her world.
She deals with any threats using the computer defense systems and maintaining weather and seismic planetary safety controls as they are needed:
 -
original photo of Ann Ward by Nigel Barker

[ April 12, 2011, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
Beautiful work, candlelight.

Carggg would be a fruitful source of super-heroes.

The one who can produce two duplicates, one of fire, and one of ice.

The one who can produce two duplicates, one super-dense, the other a phantom.

The one who can produce two duplicates, one of electricity, and one of positronic energy. (kind of like Jonni Thunder and Negative Man combined)

The one who can produce two duplicates, one a demon-form, one an angel-form.

The Cargggan Green Lantern.

The one who whose triplicated form is: One, has super-strength and invulnerability; Two, has super-speed and flight; Three, has super-senses, heat-vision, and super-intelligence.

The tri-jitsu master.

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Yes, Carggites are fun.
I'd like to be Two, only with the super-intellence, too.
[Yes]

And thank-you, I've been waiting for a reason to use that photo for awhile now.
I was in such a hurry, as usual, that I left the CW on, I'll have to remove that.
sigh
Edit: done

[ April 12, 2011, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 17 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  15  16  17   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.