Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of the Damned reprint recalled by DC (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Legion of the Damned reprint recalled by DC
AndrewNolan
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AndrewNolan   Email AndrewNolan         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion of the Damned was finally going to be reprinted in one edition in English and released this week! The long wait was finally over. Then the book is recalled by DC on release day! Unbelievable! What a disappointment! Please, DC, have someone verify the chapter sequence before the book is printed next month!

[ April 22, 2011, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: AndrewNolan ]

From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
or at the very least before it's shipped!

I've got one. yeah, it was pathetic how they didn't bother to put the stories in order. actually it was pretty funny since it was almost in the worst order possible! haha

somebody's lazy at DC.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
You've got a collector's item!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Post it in the Non Sequitor thread, PB! [LOL]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
haha!

I think the order is supposed to be:
1. Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4) #122
2. Legionnaires #79
3. Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4) #123
4. Legionnaires #80

what we got was a hilarious:

2. Legionnaires #79
Damned if we do
4. Legionnaires #80
Damned for all eternity
1. Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4) #122
Legion of the Damned
3. Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4) #123
Damned if we don't

which for some reason was the cover of the whole package.

no other covers were included .. even as dividers.

we did get a random ad for 'flashpoint'. and a preview at the end for batman arkham city.

it was a 100 page spectacular! let me tell you.

[ April 21, 2011, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe if they had reprinted the covers they would have noticed those little "L" numbers that would have given them a clue as to the correct order.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
ok just brought mine yesterday, never got a chance to read it because it got busy at work.
the guy at the comic book shop i go to didn't even mention it too me, oh well thanks Power Boy for listing the order that stories are in this mess of a one shot.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone got a scan of the cover? Apparently, they're going to change the logo for the fixed version, and I'm just curious...

EDIT: http://www.legionwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:DCCP-LSH-LegionOfTheDamnedError.jpg

[ April 22, 2011, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
This was going to be my first DCCP 100-Page Spectacular purchase. [Frown]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
WOW they're already up on Ebay. should i even ponder selling mine?? [Hmmm?]

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
...a preview at the end for batman arkham city.

Well, that's good to know. If I didn't hear about Batman every 4.2 seconds, I'd doubtless forget that he'd ever existed.

[Razz]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AndrewNolan
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AndrewNolan   Email AndrewNolan         Edit/Delete Post     
The covers were not reprinted? Really? Why would DC not include the covers?
From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AndrewNolan
Active

quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
[snip]

quote:
...a preview at the end for batman arkham city.

Well, that's good to know. If I didn't hear about Batman every 4.2 seconds, I'd doubtless forget that he'd ever existed.

[Razz]

Wonderful. DC does not reprint the covers but includes a Batman preview!
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Anyone got a scan of the cover? Apparently, they're going to change the logo for the fixed version, and I'm just curious...

EDIT: " target="_blank">http://www.legionwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:DCCP-LSH-LegionOfTheDamnedError.jpg[/qb][/QUOTE]

That is the cover I got.

googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Wonderful. DC does not reprint the covers but includes a Batman preview!
Does anyone else find those previews annoying?

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.