Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of the Damned reprint recalled by DC (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Legion of the Damned reprint recalled by DC
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Just hit $30 on ebay!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewNolan:
quote:
Originally posted by the Hermit:
So are they planning on reprinting Widening Rifts as well? Seems silly not to, as it bridges the gap between Damned and Lost.

Good question Hermit. Since the LOD reprint is now due May 11th and the Legion Lost trade in mid-June, I doubt it.

My preference would have been for DC to make the LOD a trade and include Legionnaires #78 (Prelude to LOD) and the three-issue Widening Rifts storyline (LSH #124, L*81 and LSH #125).

Of course, a boatload of extras in both would have been nice as well!

That would also have made more sense. Legionnaires 78 shows why Cos, Monstress, Brainy and Tinya missed the invasion. Widening Rifts sets up Legion Lost. These 4 issues would fill in a lot of gaps for first-time readers. I'm sure most of them would appreciate Lost more if they could see firsthand what the team went through before getting lost!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
My preference would have been for DC to make the LOD a trade and include Legionnaires #78 (Prelude to LOD) and the three-issue Widening Rifts storyline (LSH #124, L*81 and LSH #125)

seconded. i would have also added this, which was a perfect jumping-on story: http://www.comics.org/issue/69092/

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

http://www.nottolone.net/legione/

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
That would also have made more sense. Legionnaires 78 shows why Cos, Monstress, Brainy and Tinya missed the invasion. Widening Rifts sets up Legion Lost. These 4 issues would fill in a lot of gaps for first-time readers. I'm sure most of them would appreciate Lost more if they could see firsthand what the team went through before getting lost!

Agreed. I don't get why they didn't.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:

Agreed. I don't get why they didn't.
Maybe because it was purely a crass business decision designed for no other reason than to cash in on Coipel's current popularity? Or am I just being cynical?

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Not at all.
Of course that's the reason.

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Kayak:
quote:
My preference would have been for DC to make the LOD a trade and include Legionnaires #78 (Prelude to LOD) and the three-issue Widening Rifts storyline (LSH #124, L*81 and LSH #125)

seconded. i would have also added this, which was a perfect jumping-on story: " target="_blank">http://www.comics.org/issue/69092/[/QB][/QUOTE]

YES! the prequel!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Ross
Honorary Member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Ross   Email Pete Ross         Edit/Delete Post     
For some reason (maybe because of the recall) this didn't get added to the GCD. But since it did get out to real customers, it needs to be added.

What's the exact title of this comic in the indicia (the small print on the DC Nation page)? Since the cover title doesn't match the solicitation, I need to know what it's called in the indicia.

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pete Ross:
What's the exact title of this comic in the indicia (the small print on the DC Nation page)? Since the cover title doesn't match the solicitation, I need to know what it's called in the indicia.

it's "dc comics presents: legion of super-heroes #1" [Smile]

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

http://www.nottolone.net/legione/

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Ross
Honorary Member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Ross   Email Pete Ross         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Kayak:
quote:
Originally posted by Pete Ross:

it's "dc comics presents: legion of super-heroes #1" [Smile]
Thanks! I've submitted it for approval.
Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
DId anyone get this today? My comic shop didn't have it?

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
It isn't on this week's list (only DCP is a Flash story) or next week (a Batman DCP). Hmmm...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
It's still listed on the DC Comics website...

http://www.dccomics.com/dccomics/comics/

...as being shipped this week.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
it was, the replacement with the proper order, still no covers included. i got mine for 3 bucks on sale.

the flashpoint add was moved to page 4 but otherwise the ads are identical.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

and it makes SO much more sense. go figure!
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.