Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The ALL-That Tree Dude in Glorith's Quarters Thread! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The ALL-That Tree Dude in Glorith's Quarters Thread!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So, what's up with him?

Is LSH #5 his first appearance?

What does he eat?

How's his love life?

Is he really just a Tree-Man of Arbro brekked out after hard drinking?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
CRAP!! I've only read up to # 2... must catch up so I can comment!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Bah! You can pretty much skip #3 and #4! Nothing really cool happens until #5!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
GAAAH! I demand my $6 back for issues 3-4!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder how she sleeps at night with that tree dude staring at her.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe it faces away from her more private quarters.
Sleeping would be hard, for sure, otherwise, but showering and dressing would be even worse!

Maybe it's just a carving in the tree, or a plaque?

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I blame Mysa for corrupting impressionable youth.

She's just flaunting her cross-Kingdom relationship with a Mineral, and now young Glorith has gotten the wrong idea and is shacking up with a tree-dude!

Scandalous, really. Is nothing sacred? Dating other species? Fine. Dating your own gender? Fine. Dating someone from another time period? Whatever. Dating a fictional character from your favorite holo-drama? So last century, darling, but do what makes you feel good.

But dating a rock or a tree? Oh dear.

Next thing you know, bird-women will be dating men made of anti-energy, and we all know where that leads...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Next thing you know, bird-women will be dating men made of anti-energy, and we all know where that leads...

Yes... yes, we do.

But everyone is someone's fetish:

-

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Giant energy birds, Greek centaurs pretending to be super-horses, anatomically incorrect fish-dudes, eccentric love-slave-robot-making future stalkers descended from one of Superman's worst enemies, whatever.

I've learned not to be shocked at Supergirl's love life.

Girl's got issues. Girl's got three longboxes full of issues, bagged and boarded and sorted by publication date.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Isn't there a magic talking tree in one of the Grimm fairy tales? Like Cinderella, maybe?
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Girl's got issues. Girl's got three longboxes full of issues, bagged and boarded and sorted by publication date.

Well done Set !! [Big Grin]
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Isn't there a magic talking tree in one of the Grimm fairy tales? Like Cinderella, maybe?

Snow White has a talking mirror which is sometimes shown with an ornate wooden frame.
That's the only Grimm tale I remember similar to the tree.
Although, come to think of it, I seem to remember a Russian film version where a tree was the source of magic for Cinderella's dresses and things, which were in acorns.
Hmmm.

The Wizard of Oz has the talking faced, apple throwing trees.

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis have trees, Tolkiens have faces and talk, that move, walk and fight.

Pocohantas by Disney had a magical tree with a talking face.

To name a few magical trees in stories.

DC's Amethyst stories on Gemworld/Sorcerers Planet, which we know is where Mysa and Blok are now, had faces like that tree's on all sorts of surfaces.
The faces never looked very happy, like this one, either.
[shrug]

[ January 20, 2012, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
The first Neal Adams Deadman stories had Rama Kushna appearing as a face on a tree.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone else remember the talking trees from H.R. Pufnstuf?

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:

...Next thing you know, bird-women will be dating men made of anti-energy, and we all know where that leads...

Uh, I'll take "NOWHERE", for $50, Alex.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.