Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » over 50 years old Legionnaires...

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: over 50 years old Legionnaires...
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
As inspired yesterday that I was invited to two 50 years old birthday parties, it got me thinking about the Legionnaires....we all know that the 3 founders already passed their 50th year appearance starting from Adv. Comics 247 in 1958...I am pretty positive that Phantom Girl, Triplicate Girl, Colossal Boy, Chameleon Boy..all past 50th year....I am not sure about Shrinking Violet, Brainiac 5 (possibly yes), and Sun Boy...I think Bouncing Boy may be one of them too.. so anyone know that I may be missing some Legionnaires?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
September of this year will mark the 50th anniversary of Adventure #300, so all pre-series Legionnaires will have turned 50 by then, if they haven't already. I believe that's the first 17 members.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I have just submitted a patent on "the Flight Walker".

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Think about if the Legionnaires had actually aged in real time...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It gets even more complicated. Superboy's stories were set approximately 15 years earlier than Superman's, so Adventure # 247 (April 1958) took place in 1943. If the three founders were all 14 then (we have reason to believe Cosmic Boy was), they'd be 83 now.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Except, if the stories were still set 15 years ago, they'd still only be 68 in-story! [Wink]
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
Superboy stories published in the 60s were set in the 30s, Bonnie & Clyde (who were killed in 1934) made an appearance in Superboy #149 (July 68). In the early 70s Superboy was moved to the 50s.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting. That means the three founders would be about 92 today.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Good thing they have that anti aging medicine that Levitz wants to pretend he didn't invent!

On a related note, it was fun to see the Adult Legion again, after so long, in Action Comics. Still beautiful and heroic, but clearly not 29 anymore.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catonyx
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catonyx   Email Catonyx         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, what a great site! It is great to be here!

--------------------
In the present

From: Badlands | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
I feel like I'm over 50 years old on some mornings.
*hic*

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by KryptonKid:
I have just submitted a patent on "the Flight Walker".

In the 31st century, the Hoverounds really hover!
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Anita Cocktail:
I feel like I'm over 50 years old on some mornings.
*hic*

I feel like I'm over 50 EVERY morning.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Catonyx:
Wow, what a great site! It is great to be here!

There's more deep analysis where that came from, Catonyx [Wink] Keep digging through the threads! Lots of gems here for sure.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.