Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » RIP Sheldon Moldoff...

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RIP Sheldon Moldoff...
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
From DC Source:
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2012/03/03/remembering-sheldon-moldoff/
He only drew one Legion tale (ADVENTURE COMICS #346) but it was a memorable one...

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
One of the greats.

[Cheers]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
Fella had a 14 YEAR RUN on Batman! Amazercakes!
God bless him!

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Anita Cocktail:
Fella had a 14 YEAR RUN on Batman! Amazercakes!
God bless him!

Especially considering that it was uncredited.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
from Legion Omnicom:

During the 60s, Moldoff inked about a gazillion books, including the following Legion stories in Adventure Comics between 1963 and 1968:
313 - Satan Girl
319 - with the Subs
320 - Dev-Em
321 - Time Trapper
322 - Super-Pets
324 - Heroes of Lallor
325 - Luthor
334 - Unknown Boy
335/336 - Starfinger
337 - Legion weddings
339 - Beast Boy
341 - Computo part 2
342 - Star Boy kills
346 - Karate Kid/Jeckie/Ferro Lad/Nemesis Kid part 1(pencils and inks)
367 - Dark Circle

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
What a body of work! Thanks, "Shelly".

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evolution Has Failed
Two more armpits than Atmos!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evolution Has Failed   Email Evolution Has Failed         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder ...

since his one pencil job for LSH was the firs app. of KK, Ferro Lad, and Jeckie (and Nemesis Kid, for that matter), is it possible that he designed their costumes/looks? That would indeed be quite an LSH contribution.

Regardless, to span gold AND silver age, then somebeyond...what a career (He drew the cover of Flash Comic #1, for Christ's sake!)

--------------------
"I like stuff that doesn't exist."

From: Old Lyme, CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Pretty sure Jim Shooter designed the costumes for his four characters.

He probably did design the original Bette Kane Bat-Girl outfit, which I've always loved, though.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.