Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related July 2012 Solicitatons and Images

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legion-related July 2012 Solicitatons and Images
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #11
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art by FRANCIS PORTELA
Cover by STEVE LIGHTLE
On sale JULY 18 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• The Legion – betrayed!
• COSMIC BOY threatens MON-EL’S leadership if he doesn’t act immediately to save not only BRAINIAC and DREAM GIRL, but also the outclassed squad who’ve gone to rescue them.

-

LEGION LOST #11
Written by TOM DeFALCO
Art by PETE WOODS
Cover by AARON KUDER
On sale JULY 11 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• The team must decide how to stop their future from being destroyed by their actions in the present.
• The deadly battle with the METAMERICAN rages on!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
*glares at LSH solicit*

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Hood #11 - the blurbs indicated the BLIGHT....don't know if it s Legion related or ?? so just thought that you may want to include that too.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... I don't think we usually post every appearance of, say, the Dominators in the twentieth century, do we? So I'm inclined not to post the Blight appearance, especially since we don't really know if it's *our* Blight.

But thanks to you and Blacula (in the other thread) for mentioning it!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
*glares at LSH solicit*

Jeez... first they are 'ragtag' and now they are 'outclassed'!!

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I know, right?!? It has infuriated me enough to drop this underwhelmingly-written version of the LSH if I read one more crappily-worded solicit like this!!

Our current writer needs to check out versions of the LSH that are NOT his own, and see Chuck and Tenzil holding off an invasion of Protys... (and this was Chuck without powers!!) as well as Triad taking down Ras al Ghul (for just ONE example). Now she can summon an ARMY at will and she is outclassed and ragtag? WHATEVS.

He needs to upgrade his ideas on these Legion members IMO.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
While 'ragtag' makes me think of 'scrappy' or 'irregulars' or 'underdogs' and not anything particularly negative, I'm not thrilled with 'outclassed' solely because it *sounds* like the Legion themselves are regarding these retired Legionnaires as 'outclassed.'

If it was all setup for the scrappy underdogs to, 'outclassed' or not, turn the tables on those who have underestimated them, in a crowning moment of awesome, and kick their butts, without having to be rescued by the 'big guns,' that would be *awesome.* But that's not what I'm feeling from these previews.

If Cosmic Boy, for instance, regards Chuck and Lu not as scrappy underdogs who've paid their dues but as incompetent or beyond-their-shelf-life, then why the hell would he let them train the next generation of heroes?

This reminds me of Johns and his awful writing in Aquaman, where the characters on the page are woodenly voicing the opinions of the writers (or representing fan opinion, or whatever).

Fie on that nonsense. Pandering at it's worst.

There was a day when a semi-retired Cosmic Boy teamed up with Chuck and Lu and Lydda and some academy recruits and was proud to call himself a 'Sub.' What happened to that Cosmic Boy?

Even if the story does involve a surprise showing from the 'ragtag' group, it still is going to make Rokk look like an ass for second-guessing their ability to function as heroes, without having to have someone competent show up to save their bacon. (Although it might help humanize Mon-El a bit, for the most powerful Legionnaire to send a 'ragtag' team on a mission, utterly confident that they are Legionnaires, regardless of whether or not they can punch the moon out of the sky.)

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Set, when I originally read the "ragtag" description, before I allowed myself to get really annoyed, I looked up the most common usage/definition online. It only confirmed my annoyance:

-

--------------------

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
someone ought to tell Paul Levitz on his facebook page and tells him why and how dumb he is on the ragtag and missing Duplicate Damsel's powers. tsk tsk.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Our current writer needs to check out versions of the LSH ... as well as Triad taking down Ras al Ghul

One of my favorite moments of kicknassery!

quote:

IMO = right now.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

I feel like he has improved this heaps since the current series started, but it is definitely a problem...he doesn't seem to really have a modern take on superpowers as compared to other comic book writers. Imagine the things Grant Morrison could do with Duplicate Damsel, Quislet or Dawnstar...

Luornu on her own should have taken out Cosmic King unless he resorted to area-effect attacks in that horrible Academy storyline a while back, and it's really jarring when you look at how effective Legionnaires like Shady, Tinya, Invisible Kid, Cham and Luornu have been in their past couple of incarnations compared to what they're like now....

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Sad, I know.
Paul's pretty effectively undone everything that any of the other writers have done/made possible AND gone out of his way to marginalize or eliminate, characters that others have writen rather spectacularly.
Quislet, MELad, Lar and Jeckie for example, were amazing in the New .Krypton stories.

And while I loved the Academy stories, those kids needed to stay there and DC needed to allow them to be a perminant back-up storyline in Adventure, with Phil and Paul as storytellers.
They were magical together and the only time that I've enjoyed Paul's work this time around.
[Razz]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.