Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Jo and Terri Sanning's LSH Clubhouse... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jo and Terri Sanning's LSH Clubhouse...
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
...is down.

Anyone know what's up? I'd hate to lose the best web resource on the Silver Age Legion permanently.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
It's been down for a few days. I click on it every day for information on some bit character like Modulus, and it's very disheartening!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Alas, they've disbanded it permanently in order to pursue other interests. I will miss it terribly. But thank you Jo and Terri-Anne for the many years of enjoyment I got out of it.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Sad news indeed. I wanted to go through the site just today and noticed it was down. Like Eryk, I was hoping it was just a fluke.

I'll second a thanks to the Sannings. It was a great site with a lot of heart and fun ideas put in it.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
[Frown] I wish I'd known ahead of time, so I could've of saved copies of all the pages.

It will definitely be missed!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Maybe you could contact them and ask if you can still copy the pages. I'm not sure if I'm authorized to give out their email address, but you could send them a message through my message board (which they created for me) at the address below.

--------------------

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I noticed it was down a few days ago and was instantly fearful it might be permanent.

I think this is a horrible blow to the Legion's presence on the internet.

Their site was so thorough and fun... they put a lot of heart and soul into it obviously... I wish they would reconsider.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sorry to see their site go. I hadn't visited it in years, but it was fun and creative, and full of their love for the Silver Age Legion.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Was their's the site that you accessed by piloting Cosmic Boy in a Time Bubble through the Time Stream? (I always thought that was an excellent homepage idea.) What a shame to lose it, if so. I didn't visit it much but did happen to go there just last week. I'm glad I got to check it out one last time before it went.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Yep, that's the one, Blacula.

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I mostly used it for the Rogue's Gallery, and would love to see it preserved somehow.

I should probably check if it's archived on the Wayback Machine, although that can be such a slow slog to access with my home internet.

Here's the last snapshot I can find, from July 2011. It doesn't include the Rogue's Gallery, so I'm gonna keep spelunking.

Something about using the Wayback Machine to find information on a site that you had to click on a Time Bubble to access in the first place is very meta...

[ April 21, 2012, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
^Thanks Set!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Evolution Has Failed
Two more armpits than Atmos!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evolution Has Failed   Email Evolution Has Failed         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm....

Terrible news.

Given the huge amount of work that obviously went into the site's creation, I'd have to think the only reason they would take it down (rather than simply leave it un-updated) would be
  • money to maintain the pager/server
  • fear of lawsuit/lack of time to defend against it.
  • changes in web technology slowly causing it to break, and lack of time to keep up.

Of the three, I'd think the first is most likely, and ... well ... if people wanted it that badly, maybe someone could contact them about how they'd respond if fans of the site took up a collection, or enough people pledged to split the monthly server fee?

--------------------
"I like stuff that doesn't exist."

From: Old Lyme, CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

None of the above. They're about to publish a novel and want to distance themselves from LSH and have their internet identity be about their own creative work rather than DC's. I'll ask Jo if he wants to come on here and explain his motives himself.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I can totally understand that, but, man, I hate to lose a lot of the groovy info that was on the site!

What I'd like to do, if they'll give us permission, is to archive a lot of the info from site in the Encyclopedia Galatica forum on this site.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.