Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Gravity Kid + Power Boy (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Gravity Kid + Power Boy
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Couldn't find a thread on them, so I thought I'd start one, and mention that they're featured as one of 10 Great LGBT Superheroes/Couples on Newsarama.

I would've expect Ayla and Vi if any LSH characters were to be included.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
10 great ... not the ten greatest! [Big Grin] where I would expect Vi and Ayla to be.

[Wink]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Click Here For A SpoilerRictor and Shatterstar are bringing the B in GLBT. That's nice.

I forgot about Karolina and Xavin! Xavin is representing the Ts!!

Power Boy and Gravity Kid are number 2 no less! [Big Grin]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I would of thought the new DC with its introducing more minorities mandate would have brought on Gravity Kid to replace Star Boy. But alas we're left with one more straight white male in a team set in the future. Yawn. What's so great about creating gay characters if they're never around?
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Cool that they made it, but Vi and Ayla should be there too!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ayla and Vi should have been included. Obsidian was also conspicuous by his absence, not unlike the DCnU. [Frown]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I was going to make another comment but then I realized ....

ISN'T IT FANTASTIC WE HAVE MORE THAN 10 GREAT LGBT CHARACTERS !!!!

(sad in a way of course) BUT .... much better than it used to be!!!

[Big Grin]

and only Northstar a former terrorist.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

btw I have always found Apollo and Midnighter far more interesting than the originals. IMHO.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome, and to think these two boys got so little screen-time in comparison.

Perhaps Ayla and Violet were left off because they haven't been a "confirmed" couple for very long?

But I agree, Obsidian and his beau Damon also deserve to be there. These 2 almost adopted a kid together!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Whoever made that list must be a huge Legion fan! I've always thought our boys were kind of obscure. Love that they made it to #2!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if they are so high up on the list because they are "spouses"? I was surprised how low Northstar is.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

One thing I adore about these two (besides them being a wonderful example of a homosexual male relationship between two otherwise "normal" males with no drama) is that their relationship is one of the healthiest in the comics right now. And, so far nobody in the comics has commented negatively on it - a sign of an enlightened future, for sure!

I would so go on a double date with them.

[ May 29, 2012, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I do kind of worry that Power Boy is gonna get maimed and / or killed in the next Takron-Galtos prison break, and Gravity Lad is going to go all dark vengeance rampage-y...

Superhero couples are like catnip for writers to put through the wringer!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Courtesy of Phil Jimenez... seems appropriate to repost here...

-

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

If Power Boy gets anything more than injured, I'll be really upset [Frown]

Love the Phil Jimenez art... and those two grins are just awesome. Reminds me of the grins Blaze and I have when we're about to do something adventurous!

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.