Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-Related August 2012 Solicitations and Images (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion-Related August 2012 Solicitations and Images
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

LEGION LOST #12
Written by TOM DeFALCO
Art by ANDRES GUINALDO and MARK IRWIN
Cover by AARON KUDER
On sale AUGUST 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• The team devises a plan to save their future by staying alive in the present!
• Will they survive the fight against the METAMERICAN and THE METAMARINES, or lose the battle against each other?

Click for fullsize image

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #12
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art by FRANCIS PORTELA
Cover by STEVE LIGHTLE
On sale AUGUST 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• THE LEGION’S battle against THE DOMINATORS comes to an epic conclusion!
• The fate of COMET QUEEN is revealed.
• Sets up a major cosmic event in issue #13.

Click for fullsize image

LEGION LOST VOL. 1: RUN FROM TOMORROW TP
Written by FABIAN NICIEZA and TOM DeFALCO
Art by PETE WOODS and MATT CAMP
Cover by PETE WOODS
On sale SEPTEMBER 19 • 160 pg, FC, $14.99 US
• Collecting the present-day LEGION LOST series!
• Stranded in the 21st century, can this cadre of LEGIONNAIRES adjust to a different world?
• Collects LEGION LOST #1-7!

[ June 28, 2012, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like the Duplicate Girl fodder fest we've all been waiting for.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder who that is to the left of Mon-El, directly below Steve Lightle's little signature plaque. Seems a little buff to be a growed-up Danielle, which would have been my first guess.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
That would be Element Lad, after he got toasted by Giant Dominator [AHHHH!!!!]

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
At first glance, it looks like a male, not female to me. Green & red costume?

I'm more amped up for Legion Lost these days than the Legion itself. One of the breakout characters under Defalco's pen so far for me is Tellus--he really seems to be utilizing him better than anyone since the character was first introduced.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
If anyone ever wrote Dawnstar with half the advantages she would need to have to be able to zip around at lightspeed, a fight between her and Timber Wolf wouldn't be anywhere near as one-sided as it initially seems...

Also, the second cover has the right touch of horror and drama that Steve Lightle does so well, but geez..poor Lu! And I wonder who that mysterious gentleman is!

AND WHAT DO THEY MEAN 'THE FATE OF COMET QUEEN'??

Obviously that she's fine and unharmed forever. Obviously. -_-

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo: AND WHAT DO THEY MEAN 'THE FATE OF COMET QUEEN'??
Clearly they are going to introduce to us the Comet that she is the Queen of!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
You mean the one with a cape and four enchanted shoes?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
I wonder who that is to the left of Mon-El, directly below Steve Lightle's little signature plaque. Seems a little buff to be a growed-up Danielle, which would have been my first guess.

Maybe it's Invisible Kid (Jacques) in a new costume?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
At least they didn't state that several Legionnaires are good for nothing losers in this solicit!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Looks like the Duplicate Girl fodder fest we've all been waiting for.

While the image initially turned me off, upon a moment of thinking, I figure it's pretty cool to see Lu in the thick of battle. I am assuming she can summon endless duplicates and some of them likely will be fodder.

What I *HOPE* is explained is that the harming of these duplicates DOES NOT in any way harm Lu-prime or whatever. If it's any other way, I don't see how her body-duplication power could be considered anything but a liability.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:

It's M'Winadji, the new recruit introduced in issue nine, alongside Otaki, and that's probably her at the top of the human pyramid, just above Comet Queen, in the two-tone blue costume. .

My question though, I thought we resolved the Dream-Girl-is-NOT-a-blond thing. Do we need to resume with the letters?

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I think at this stage we just need to accept that Dreamy's dyed her hair and move on...it always surprised me that her look has been so static for decades anyway, to be honest. If anyone has an in-character reason to be wanting to change her look at the drop of a hat, it's Dreamy....

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
I must say, that Lightle cover is totally tits, darlings!!
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duo_Dude
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duo_Dude   Email Duo_Dude         Edit/Delete Post     
I am a little unsure what I think of Lu's endless duplication power. In the past, the connection between the duplicates was extremely intimate and important. The three or two versions of her were part of the same person, and losing one to death was as devestating as the loss of a sister. If the duplicates are expendable, it cheapens the importance of them. I'm not entirely opposed to the mass duplication, after decades of her being incomplete, and ridiculously underpowered, suddenly getting this big power upgrade is a great change in her effectiveness as a Legionere, I just want to the lives of the duplicates to be as vital and treasured as the original three bodies were.
Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.