Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Which Legion Lost Member Gets Left Behind? Poll (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Which Legion Lost Member Gets Left Behind? Poll
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a feeling that at least one of the Legion Lost team will get killed or left behind in the 21st century as part of the New 52 shake-up when this series ends. Vote on who you think the unlucky Legionnaire(s) will be and post your reason why in the comments below.

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Tyroc gets killed off because Paul Levitz has never been fond of this character and Timber Wolf gets left behind because DC Comics wants their version of Woverine in one of the present day super hero titles, possibly Teen Titans.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I would say Chameleon Girl stays behind because of her own secret mission. Alternatively, Timber Wolf stays behind because he likes the roughness of the era.

I think the revamp of Tyroc's power make him a more writable character and as such Paul Levitz may actually like the character now or at least not hate him so much.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I would say either Chameleon Girl or Gates, the former because she's pretty much redundant in the Legion and the latter because then they can ignore how he fits into current continuity.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I voted Gates....Yera could always be shuffled into the background again as supporting cast if she comes back to the 31st century, but I think being able to kill off Gates and not have to explain how he exists or joined this Legion in the first place post-Flashpoint would be a big temptation for the current mood at DC...

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I voted Tellus and Timber Wolf. T-Wolf seems to have the best ties to the 21st C, so I guess he's somewhat likely to stay... Tellus is very mild-mannered, and I can see him surviving decently in the past. Or maybe I have an ulterior motive - with both Quislet and Tellus gone, there'll be room for a telekinetic and I'm holding out hope that Kinetix will get the nod.

As for the rest, it was more of, which Legionnaires do I really want to return to the future?

Gates is my 2nd all-time favorite, while I believe Wildfire's and Dawnstar's powersets are crucial to the team. And I'm finding both Tyroc and Yera very interesting so I'd like to see them back in the future.

[ July 10, 2012, 03:46 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Chameleon Girl - she could easily fit into the 21st century, her marriage is finished so she may look for an excuse to start a new life and there's that secret mission thingy.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting poll! I have always suspected Yera would become a victim of this series and was actually surprised she survived the (first) near-death experience early in the series. There seems to be a small conspiracy to undo the Legion plot threads planted by Geoff Johns in the Action Comics/EarthMan mini series and the Legion of Three Worlds series. Most of them have already been undone or ignored at this point. Yera as a Legionnaire is one of the few remaining.

I also voted for Tyroc, as he is one of the eldest Legionnaires who still doesn't really have a popular standing (although I like him!). He seems like character fodder to me, especially with his 'failed leadership' during this 21st century mission.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
On the other hand, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee are the current creative force behind the DCU, aren't they?
I think that just maybe, Levitz might not be able to undo EVERYTHING.

That's why I voted for Dawnstar and Timber Wolf to remain behind, even if it's just for awhile.

If their relationship continues to build, is it on both of their parts, by the way, I could see them choosing to stay behind.
She says that she hates this primative Earth, but they may not stay exclusively there.
She has ties to both the Bedard Starhaven, and by extension, dotREBELS and Wildstar, as well as Thanagar, the Hawkworld.

If Brin's ring continues to not work, I could see them going to Thanagar with Hawkman, to get Wolf some wings.
It might be interesting to see him deal with meeting Dawnstar's female companion during her Action time.
What would he do if another love of his chose to go for a same sex relationship over him?
How would he feel and react to Dawnstar choosing HIM over the gal?
[shrug]

How would he like the wings?
If he didn't like them, how would he get around with Dawnstar?

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So, it looks like we're thinking either Timber Wolf or Chameleon Girl.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I would just as soon have it be Timber Wolf, as he's the character I'm least emotionally attached to, though why it's necessary to strand any Legionnaire in the first place is beyond me.

[shrug]

It would be ridiculous for them to discard Yera or Gates, when they already killed Variable Lad, and there are few enough Legionnaires who don't look cell-for-cell like "normal" humans as it is.

Though I guess it would still be better than either of them being killed off.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I voted Timber Wolf will be left in the past because I imagine DC will give him his own title ... "in the past" type storyline.

$$$

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Well folks, it's almost time for the BIG reveal as to which Legion Lost member gets left behind.

DeFalco wants us to think it will be Tyroc and Wildfire. What are your thoughts at this point?

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I still think they're going to pull the 1000 year death on Wildfire.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Are they ending the series?
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.