Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Legion of Earth-2?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Legion of Earth-2?
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Via Bleeding Cool

quote:

[James Robinson] is kicking around an idea for an Earth 2 ‘Legion of Superheroes’ and calling it Infinity INC, which could also allow him to bring back Jade and Obsidian.

Er... not sure what makes it an "Earth 2 Legion", as opposed to just a DCnU Infinity, Inc., but it's newsworthy nonetheless!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
WHOA!!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So... Sun Boy totally macks on Jade in the annual crossovers?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Via Bleeding Cool

quote:

[James Robinson] is kicking around an idea for an Earth 2 ‘Legion of Superheroes’ and calling it Infinity INC, which could also allow him to bring back Jade and Obsidian.

Er... not sure what makes it an "Earth 2 Legion", as opposed to just a DCnU Infinity, Inc., but it's newsworthy nonetheless!
Earth 2 is a DIFFERENT universe from the DCnU, where this Legion currently resides.
They have a different Superman, WW, Batman, etc., [shrug] .

So, it could be cool, kind of.
Maybe.

They might introduce Donna Troy there, too, if they don't have plans for her already in the DCnU.

They might be able to use some of the Jim Lee characters that we haven't seen yet, too.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

maybe it's just a marketing term since ... <gasp> no one remembers Infinity Inc!

But they could say Teen Titans of earth 2 ...

unless the infinity Inc. will not be teens ....

very confused.

OMG Candle don't get me so excited for a Donna Troy !!!

Wally frickin West !!!

I will stop now. before my expectations exceed the outcomes.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree that it doesn't sound very Legion-y. I guess it depends on what he does with the rest of the team. Would Obsidian be from Talok VIII?

And on an unrelated note, I'd love to see more "Leave It to Chance"!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I presume they'd be from the future, which has precedent, since II showed up from the far future of the 1980s in their first appearance in All-Star Squadron!

Maybe it'll be a mixture of Infinitors and Legionnaires who currently aren't in continuity?

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Infinity Inc was, technically, the 'future' of the golden age JSA, so an Earth 2 team consisting of grown up inheritors of the previous generation of heroes could be set in either the 'present-day' of Earth 2 (as Infinity Inc was), or 'ten years from now' and be ever so slightly futuristic.

I doubt they'll go with ten years from now (or much farther in the future), and just do something set in the 'modern-day' of Earth 2, and call it 'Legion-y' because it follows the precedent of a hero team assembling, inspired by the legend of Superman.

That's my prediction, that Robinson was being *very* loose with the idea of his team being an 'Earth 2 Legion.' No future setting, IMO. Probably not twenty-plus members, either.

Just some peeps inspired by the heroic legacy of Earth 2 Superman (and / or Batman and Wonder Woman).

Maybe the first three will meet saving Earth 2 Lex Luthor from an assassination attempt, and I'll scream so loud you'll be able to hear it in orbit. [Smile]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
IS there a Lex on Earth 2?
I have them, I just have't read them yet.
[Frown]

I'd scream, too.
I can't think of anyone in the DCU, except maybe the Joker, that I'd like to not be there more than Lex.
[Razz]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It struck me a while ago that the New 52 has been a mechanism for Dc to renew all its old IPRs and introducing a team called Infinity Inc would be anoth tick in the box.

I can't see how this is in any way Legion-y.

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Infinity Inc. always struck me as the Earth-2 equivalent of the Teen Titans. The Titans were teenage superheroes and former sidekicks, Infinity Inc. were the sons and daughters of the JSA, but some of them were also just youthful inheritors or carriers of names associated with the JSA.

And, truth be told, I would be more comfortable if James Robinson left the Legion alone.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Infinity Inc was, technically, the 'future' of the golden age JSA, so an Earth 2 team consisting of grown up inheritors of the previous generation of heroes could be set in either the 'present-day' of Earth 2 (as Infinity Inc was), or 'ten years from now' and be ever so slightly futuristic.

I doubt they'll go with ten years from now (or much farther in the future), and just do something set in the 'modern-day' of Earth 2, and call it 'Legion-y' because it follows the precedent of a hero team assembling, inspired by the legend of Superman.

That's my prediction, that Robinson was being *very* loose with the idea of his team being an 'Earth 2 Legion.' No future setting, IMO. Probably not twenty-plus members, either.

Just some peeps inspired by the heroic legacy of Earth 2 Superman (and / or Batman and Wonder Woman).

Maybe the first three will meet saving Earth 2 Lex Luthor from an assassination attempt, and I'll scream so loud you'll be able to hear it in orbit. [Smile]

With the new Earth 2, the JSA members are just now starting their careers and are in their prime so to speak. So if Robinson wanted to keep the family connection between say Alan Scott and Jade and Obsidian then he would need to go at least 20 years into the future since if Alan did have kids they would be toddlers at best. But I can see where he's going. Why just got 20 years into the future and instead go even further into the future and make the Infinity Inc members (and also recent legacy JSA members like Cyclone)be distant relatives of the current-day JSA members *OR* just heroes inspired by the JSA.
Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.