Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Important Decisions in Legion history

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Important Decisions in Legion history
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm thinking of creating a poll (which I'll post AFTER the current polls are finished [Razz] ) that will ask posters what they would have voted for at certain critical decision points in Legion history.

An example I can think of is, at Brainiac 5's trial for the "murder" of Jaxon Rugarth, would you have voted Yes or No?

Another is, which Legionnaire would you have voted as leader during the Great Darkness Saga.

A third is, during the 5-Year Gap, would you have voted to disband the Legion when they were being hounded by Earthgov?

Does anyone have any other ideas to add to these?

edit: Since we've been generating quite a bit of discussion, I thought y'all might be interested in this What If? game on Spaceopoly [Wink]

[ July 29, 2012, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Trial of Star Boy?

Which members to admit during the v3 tryouts?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
There's that legendary vote.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

:facepalm: How could I have forgotten the Trial of Star Boy?

Both good ones, EDE and Set!

How about, "would you have accepted or rejected the original 5 Subs" - I'll probably split into individual questions for each, and add Color Kid, Infectious Lass and Porcupine Pete too.

The only membership decisions I can remember Postboot were the admissions of Umbra, Sensor, Magno, Monstress (everyone was just, "Fine with me"), Kid Quantum II and Karate Kid, and the rejection of Impulse (Bart).

These don't have to be decisions which were actually voted upon by the membership - we could also go with Qs like "Had you been Gates, would you have joined the Retroboot Legion"?

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Should Karate Kid have stayed in the Legion after being unjustly accused of being the traitor that Nemesis Kid was?

Was that mission too dangerous for a girl?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Should Brin have left the Legion with Ayla after the Great Darkness Saga?
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd ask "Would You Have Voted To Admit Earth Man?" but I'm pretty sure there'd be zero debate about it here.

[Razz]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
There was the early contest for Legion membership won by Stone Boy, so maybe a which-sub-would-you-have-voted-to-admit poll

Also, Sun Boy, Bouncing Boy and Shrinking Violet were shown to have been applicants at the same time as Supergirl and Brainiac 5, so maybe a which-one-would-you-have-voted-for poll?

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Keep 'em coming, folks!

How about -

Should Gim have married Yera?

Should Imra have chosen Garth or Cos?

Would you have let Saturn Girl get away with mindwiping _______? --> I think this deserves its own poll by now. Too many names could fill that blank!

PS - Since we've been generating quite a bit of discussion, I thought y'all might be interested in this What If? game on Spaceopoly [Wink]

[ July 29, 2012, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
IMO, the most critical decision ever made--in all continuities--was Mon-El's choice during the 5-Year Gap era to destroy the Time-Trapper's version of reality. That should definitely be a se3lection option in the poll, I think.

Hmmm. This makes me wonder: since the current continuity is highly similar to the silver-age one, will Levitz ever pick up on this plot-point again?

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.