Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Alternate Legionairies (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Alternate Legionairies
Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
Alright so far we've got

Montress
Thunder
Castpaw
Duo Damsel
Chameleon Girl
Dream Girl
Dawnstar
and Star Boy.

off to a great start.

also i realize that Thunder revision is well sucky... too much like the real Thunder.

here's another attempt!

Thunder- capable of producing/creating sounds on various sound wave lengths that allow her to affect peoples nervous systems, creating vertigo of sorts. she also has an ability called healing harmonics. it allows her to heal others with soothing harmonic tones. the monks were the one's who perfected this technique and taught her how to alter her powers to replicate it. she uses this ability sparingly and not in the heat of battle.

She comes from the planet stepple. Like the monks that live there she has been planet side for most of her life and spent it trapped there by the Black hole that cuts off its connection with the outside world for 10 years at a time.

she was an orphan who was adopted by the monks at a very young age.

after the most recent black hole lift, she decided it was time to leave. Hearing of the Legion but of its foundation, not where it stands today she thought she would try out for the team. she was shocked to see how the legion has changed from her first impressions of them.

her personality is very reserved and calm. she would rather not fight in battle and believes in peaceful resolution, when ever possible.

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Definite improvement on Thunder! Sonic powers make sense, given her name.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by Set:

thanks! the first Thunder really was a dud. glad you like the new one!!

--------------------

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni:
quote:

thanks! the first Thunder really was a dud. glad you like the new one!!
The healing harmonies thing is aces. I love the idea of a sonic character whose powers aren't all about finding the right resonance frequency and blowing stuff up.

After City of Heroes added a sonic powerset, I made a sonic character called 'Shielding Song' who believed that the entire world was vibrating along with some sort of cosmic song of creation, and that by learning to first hear it, and then to add to it, she could both 'hear' when things were unnatural or out of place, and either reinforce (force field powers) or damage (sonic attacks) objects or people.

I love the idea of 'words of power' or a 'song of creation' being a source behind a sonic character, instead of the more Marvel Universe-y 'mutant vocal chords.'

[ August 08, 2012, 04:32 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the idea of Thunder's personality and the way she uses her powers leaning towards the opposite of what you'd expect from someone with that name. Plus, points for using Steeple! I quite like the idea of Steeple [Smile]

To lend a bit of gender balance to the proceedings:

Tyroc: In the 18th Century, Tyroc's ancestors were on a slave ship and would have had no hope for escape except that one of the captive men was a sorceror of some skill. The sorceror's magic wasn't powerful enough to free his people on its own, but it was strong enough to summon help from mysterious interdimensional beings. The beings agreed to free the captured African men and women under the condition that they would make their new home on an uncharted island named Marzal.

It was only after the pact was sealed that the sorceror realised the awful mistake he'd made in his desperation; the interdimensional beings were full-fledged demons and they held incredible power on Marzal, where the barriers between Earth and Hell were at their weakest. The demons planned to breed a race of demi-demons, and in time use this new race of creatures to wreak havoc across the face of the Earth.

Tyroc was the first demi-demon to survive birth. His name literally means "Cry of the Devil", which is the sound his mother was said to have made as she died in childbirth. The demons tried to raise Tyroc as their willing agent of evil, but despite the truly horrific circumstances in which he was raised, some spark of goodness survived in him. Long-lived thanks to his demon blood, Tyroc saw generations of his mother's people brutalised and tortured by the demons on his father's side. He recognised the injustice in this, and at the age of 15 he led a rebellion against the demons of Marzal. Tyroc reinforced the dimensional barriers with his own power, trapping the demons on their own side and giving his mother's people true freedom for the first time in centuries.

While he was the first demi-demon though, Tyroc was not the only one. Seven more of his brethren survived his rebellion, their own powers allowing them to remain on Earth. They couldn't match Tyroc's experience so rather than stay and fight, they all fled to the far corners of the Earth. Tyroc felt a responsibility to find them and stop them from hurting innocents, so with mixed emotions he left behind his island home once he had trained a cabal of sorcerors in maintaining the barriers between Hell and Earth themselves. It was in his search for the other demi-demons (or Demonspawn as they now called themselves) that Tyroc met and joined the Legion of Superheroes. Now, he uses the Legion's resources to aid his search for the Demonspawn while using his abilities to aid them in their altruistic deeds generally.

As a demi-demon born within close proximity to the infernal realms, Tyroc has great mystic power. He is generally stronger, more durable and heals faster than humans. He possesses the power of flight. He is completely immune to extremes of heat, and has an indomitable will. He has a natural ability to sense the presence of magic, as well as purity or corruption of spirit in a person or place. Tyroc's most devastating power though is his ability to directly harness the essence of Hell itself in a warcry. He can accomplish various effects with this including pyrokinesis, an emotional or spiritual assault, concussive force, and can even weaken or reinforce dimensional barriers.

Tyroc is naturally enhanced in the presence of evil, and weakened in spiritually pure places or in the presence of spiritually enlightened people, blessed objects and the like....this affects more than just his powers, he physically gains or loses vitality as well. He despises this aspect of himself, as it is a constant reminder that no matter how much good he does, he will always be demonic in nature.

[ August 08, 2012, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: razsolo ]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
Tyroc:

That's mad genius, right there, playing off of the purported meaning of his name 'cry of the devil,' and yet keeping most of his Marzal / slave ship origins intact (and making them so much better than were!).

Very cool!

Omni
Honorary

quote:
quote:
Tyroc:

That's mad genius, right there, playing off of the purported meaning of his name 'cry of the devil,' and yet keeping most of his Marzal / slave ship origins intact (and making them so much better than were!).

Very cool!

raz i have to agree with Set! Thats a really great Tyroc!

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

quote:
quote:
Tyroc:

Very cool!

raz i have to agree with Set! Thats a really great Tyroc!

and thanks! to both raz ans Set on the new Thunder! i thought Steeple was a good place to go. we know so little about it and haven't seen much of it since the Legion Worlds issue.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice thread idea with some very cool concepts!

Let's try...

Sensor Girl of Orando acts as an early-warning device. She can prime herself to detect any of a number of things - evil thoughts, natural calamities, invisible and mystical beings. She can instantly detect the soource of whatver she has primed herself, and instantly transport herself and up to 2 others there. She can also adapt a superpower that will enable her to neutralize said threat - the catch is, she doesn't gain complete mastery of said power right away!

[ August 08, 2012, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

So raz is right, so far its been the ladies getting the over hall. here's another guy.

Colossal Boy- still able to transform in size. but its specific to just hit hands and feet. he can expand both to be the size of 12 feet high and 6 feet wide. with great concentration he can expand his arms to match. but this is much harder to maintain. he does increase in strength but not durability while they are extended.

but he didn't gain it from a meteorite. its a natural ability that runs in his family and He's still from Mars but he was a sports star. He was the equivalent of a goalie in Mar's version of soccer; where they use

during one of the games, a couple of hover chairs malfunctioned. he used his hands to save five children from falling to the harsh Mars field ground. He found out that the malfunction was deliberate and worked with the science police to catch the culprit. because of his ability they suggested he try out for the Legion academy as they might be able to help him learn how to extend more than just his hands and feet.

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Very nice thread idea with some very cool concepts!

Let's try...

Sensor Girl of Orando acts as an early-warning device. She can prime herself to detect any of a number of things - evil thoughts, natural calamities, invisible and mystical beings. She can instantly detect the soource of whatver she has primed herself, and instantly transport herself and up to 2 others there. She can also adapt a superpower that will enable her to neutralize said threat - the catch is, she doesn't gain complete mastery of said power right away!

how does she prime herself??? very curious about that.

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice thread and interesting ideas, as always.

I don't generally like demon stuff, but Tyroc IS interesting, a little like Hellboy.
[Yes]

Of the Demonspawn, and one of the ones who ran, is Nazgal.

She has a strong, living human parent, the only one of the Demonspawn with a human father.

Her parents were actually a love match, again, unique.
Both parents raised Naga, her nickname, especially her father, who is the spiritual shepard of his people.
Their realtionship with her and each other has given her a totally different perspective from the other Demonspawn, even Tyroc.
Her father's spiritual base and her mother's love for him, have combined in Naga to set her free from demon evil, altogether.

Naga's humanoid shape is illusional, a spell from her mother. Her real shape is that of her nick name character, a naga(snake/female humanoid).
The spell, while making her humanoid, places her in shadow, blocking her from detection by all technology.
Only the 'pure in heart' can actually see her face.

Unlike her other universe double, Sensor, her mother's continued illusional spell, maintained by her father, is the only illusion connected to her.

She is a powerful, ground based elemental, similar in outer form to Geo and Terra of the 21st century.
But, her power is truly elementally based, making her more of a part of the mantel, cores and crust of Earth. Her spell shadowed form often seems to merge with the ground and rock.

She ran because Tyroc doesn't know anything about her except that she's one of the Demonspawn.
She fears him.
Her father remains on Marzal, with his people, while Naga, a pricess of her people, is in exile, hiding from Tyroc AND her fellow Demonspawn.

Not a reworking of Sensor Girl but of Sensor.
[Smile]

[ August 10, 2012, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

A two-for-one;

From the Sorcerer's World, Ferro is the name given to the nigh-indestructible millenia-old humanoid iron construct, known as a golem, that serves and protects the witches and wizards of Zeerox.

Despite having been created as a mindless automaton, over many centuries, he has developed a personality, possibly the result of exposure to so many potent mystical forces, and has memories of events recorded in no history book, secrets that he safeguards, using his immunity to magical forces, and to the mind-reading abilities of telepaths to serve as a sort of 'forbidden archive' of arcane lore too sensitive to trust to any other form of recording.

Ferro has joined the Legion alongside his young ward, the heir to the magics of the Sorcerer's World, Mysa Nal, the Silver Sorceress, who uses mirrors and reflective surfaces crystals to both scry distant places (and even times!), and to transport herself and others, but also to create 'mirror images' of people, places or things, which she can manipulate to cause sympathetic changes in the items she has 'reflected,' causing foes to be stretched like taffy, or reduced in size, as if causing the distortions of a funhouse mirror to become real and reflected upon the subjects.

Unlike some sorcerers past, Mysa recognizes the ancient soul that has taken root within her massive protector, and that he is no mere arcane servitor or lumbering guardsman, but considers him instead her closest friend and must trusted confidante.

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds like Ferro is a Blok rethink. And there I was, thinking you were talking about Andrew!
I love Mysa's mirror powers.
Her Legion wouldn't have the external based power rule, or would that apply?

Golems are very interesting creatures.
Terry Prachett has one on his Disc world Morpork(sp?) city guard.
They can be very frightening.

Playing Diablo, one of my favorite minion characters is the necromancer's golems, made of earth, blood, fire and weapons of destruction, depending on the level you're at, IIRC.
(It's been awhile, so some of the types may be incorrect, but that's the general idea of them.)

And Omni, I like both of your Thunders.
I always wished that she had been from the Legion's era. It's never made sense to me that she wasn't in the first place.
[shrug]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

quote:Originally posted by Candlelight:
Sounds
And Omni, I like both of your Thunders.
I always wished that she had been from the Legion's era. It's never made sense to me that she wasn't in the first place.
[shrug]

Thanks Candlelight!
i agree. i think it was that the character was in some recent Shazam stuff in the 20th century and they thought it be a good way to grab those readers.

also I love your Sensor. it was a great way to reinvent her while using the confines of one reality.

this is something i didn't intend but are these all reinventions actually part of the same Legion. just maybe at different points in the same continuity

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.