Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Alternate Legionairies (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Alternate Legionairies
Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
IB I LOVE AND I MEAN LOVE YOUR NEW RENDITIONS OF kINETIX AND GATES!

i love that you've just expanded their abilities into such different ways and kept some really big core aspects of their personalities.

Gates revolution sounds like a great idea but i wonder which side that revolution would fall under if the legion became involved?

omg and i love how its reality warping but no matter how far he expands his mind he can't see out side the "box"

And Zoe is so powerful! i love it! But does she have any weaknesses??

also i realized that its a great union between her original powers and her Terraformer ones.

i loved the drawings coming to life part!

[ October 01, 2012, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Omni ]

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Salu Digby of Imsk has the same ability that all Imskians have, the power to shrink. However, when Salu was a toddler she acidentally fell into a vat of experimental plant fertilizer. This first turned her skin green. As she grew, she developed an affinity for plants and vegetation of all sort. She could cause plants to grow rapidly and control their shapes and movements. And she could also heal any sick plant.

While she was hailed as a planetary hero, she could see that most Imskians seemed rather fearful of her and tended to shun her. Hearing of the Legion of Superheroes, Salu traveled to Earth and joined. She was going to call herself Plant Lass, but Monstress suggested the name Shrinking Violet as it incorporated both of her powers.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
Salu Digby of Imsk has the same ability that all Imskians have, the power to shrink. However, when Salu was a toddler she acidentally fell into a vat of experimental plant fertilizer. This first turned her skin green. As she grew, she developed an affinity for plants and vegetation of all sort. She could cause plants to grow rapidly and control their shapes and movements. And she could also heal any sick plant.

While she was hailed as a planetary hero, she could see that most Imskians seemed rather fearful of her and tended to shun her. Hearing of the Legion of Superheroes, Salu traveled to Earth and joined. She was going to call herself Plant Lass, but Monstress suggested the name Shrinking Violet as it incorporated both of her powers.

wicked cool idea! i love this new Vi!

--------------------

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
It does combine her power with Chlorophyl Kid's

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni:
IB I LOVE AND I MEAN LOVE YOUR NEW RENDITIONS OF kINETIX AND GATES!

Thank you for the enthusiastic response, Omni [Smile] They're my two favorite Legionnaires ever and I'm glad you think I'm doing them justice.

I confess I haven't carefully read through the other entries yet but I sure find a lot of them intriguing!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Tinya Wazzo knew she should never have gotten involved with Joe Navarra. But she had been in that rebellious phase and the more her parents tried to dissuade her from seeing Joe, the more she wanted to. And now here she was in an abandoned building in Metropolis' Suicide Slum. Joe was lying on the floor, bleeding from the gash in his head.

"What do we do with her?" the creepy punk asked. "Throw her in that storage room down in the basement." replied Ace as he tossed the blood stained pipe next to Joe. Tinya struggled, but to no avail. Thrown into the small area and in complete darkness once the door was closed and locked behind her. For an hour, she heard the gang moving around upstairs, then silence. Tinya tried the door. Locked. She tried pushing on it, but it was quite solid. She tried yelling, but her cries seem to go no further than the small room she was in. "Superman will rescue me." She thought. "That's what he does for people in trouble in Metropolis, right?"

Time past. How much time Tinya did not know due to the complete darkness and silence. But she had become thirsty and then hungry. She tried calling out some more, pounding on the door, but with the same results as before. More time past and her thirst was getting worse. Her throat was getting parched. Eventually Tinya bite into herself and drank some of her own blood to slack her thirst. But soon she became dizzy from the lost of blood and her hunger. She past out.

When she woke, Tinya was surprized to find that she was neither hungry nor thirsty. She also was not feeling the pain in her arm from where the creepy punk had grabbed her. It suddenly dawned on her that she could now see the whole room clearly but there still was no light. She tried calling out, but her voice seemed like it was only a whisper. Approaching the door, Tinya raised her fists to pound on it and was amazed when they went right through the door. The momentum carried Tinya out into the rest of the basement. Running to the stairs, Tinya attempted to leave the cellar but some force prevented her. She waved at people through the basement windows, but no one seemed to see her. Months past and Tinya was able to push past the basement stairs and go throughout the whole house, but was stopped from leaving it by that same force. During this time, various bums and addicts crashed in the abandoned house. Tinya tried her best to talk to them, but they could neither see her nor hear her. Some did seem to turn towards her when she would yell, but they would then just shrug and go back to what they were doing. It was now that Tinya realized that she had died and was now a ghost or phantom.

After a hundred years, Tinya was able to leave the house and go about the neighborhood. Some people could see her ghostly form and other could just barely hear her. She took to watching out for the kids in the neighborhood. As the years past Tinya could venture further and further away from her final resting place. She was able to make herself visible and audible to more and more people. And Tinya found she coould hold and move some items just by concentrating.

For two hundred years Tinya settled into her skeletal remains and "slept". When she awoke, she found that her house had been torn down. Her bones had been taken. Still she remained in the neighborhood. Having grown tired of people, she remained invisible just watching people.

Eventually, a strange building that looked like an upside down rocket ship was built on the spot where she had died. Tinya watched as the building filled with various and some strange looking beings. They all seemed to have different powers and were using them to help others.

One day, the Legionnaires (that is what they called themselves) received a distress call and everyone left to answer it. While they were gone, Tinya saw three men break into the building and start setting booby traps for the Legionnaires. Tinya knew what she must do. Appearing before the men, she got them to chase her. Down through the corridors she flew, turning this way and that, letting the men almost catch her then flying ahead. Finally, she got them to chase her into one of the holding cells. They were astonished when Tinya went through the wall. By the time they turned around, Tinya was at the doorway, concentrating and tapping the right combination of buttons that locked them in the cell.

When the Legionnaires returned, Tinya made herself visible to them. She told them what had happened, how she had come to be there, and showed them where all the booby traps were. The Legionnaires were impressed by her ingenuity and asked her to officially join them. Tinya did and with practice, she was able to interact with more physical things and was able to go further and further from the clubhouse, until there was no limit to where she could go.

And thus Phantom Girl became the next Legionnaire.

[ October 01, 2012, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq ]

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:

And thus Phantom Girl became the next Legionnaire.

i love the idea of turning her into a literal phantom. also its like she's M'onel in away but with out the convluted history of the Zones!

But if Jo died in the past then who is the new Ultra Boy?

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Joe Navarra, not Jo Nah, died in the past. Plus there is always reincarnation.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I really like your origin for Tinya, Quis. Making Tinya a real ghost is genius!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Tinya and Gates = awesome reinterpretations!

Tinya as an actual phantom is genius, and Gates comes off like a Morrison character....much kudos! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Tinya as an actual 'phantom' is indeed awesome, but my favorite thing about that is that she's been doing the hero/protector thing for *ages,* even it's mostly been keeping an eye out for the kids in her neighborhood.

It kind of makes her like classic Superboy, someone who already has defined herself as a hero or protector, before showing up and joining the Legion.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I have a new Ultra Boy in mind, but am too tired to type it up tonight.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

The Ultra Project was to create the Ultimate Rimborian as the basis of an army for defense and conquest. The genetic material from the strongest, fastest, smartest, and healthiest of Rimborians were combined and recombined. But the new government was in the process of having Rimbor joining the United Planets and felt having an army of conquest was not going to be looked upon kindly. Plus some in the new government felt that such an army could be used to take control of the planet. So, the Project was to be shut down and all material destroyed.

Specimen J-zero/N.A.H., or Jo as some of the scientists called him, did not want to be destroyed. Using his enhanced physical traits and enhanced intelligence, Jo broke out of the facility that had been his home for 13 years. He made his way to Ed Rei hoping to get smuggled off planet. However by the time he got there a reward was posted for his capture. Jo, knowing he could not trust anyone, stole a spaceship and took off. The Planetary Defense Force noted the unauthorized flight and dispatched 2 ships in pursuit.

Jo hoped to lose his pursuers by flying into the quarantined sector. Just as the lead ship overtook Jo’s ship, a creature of pure energy enveloped both ships. The remaining ship was unable to drive off the creature as it seemed to drain the 2 ships of all power. After an hour, the creature moved off. On the Planetary Defense ship, all the crew members were dead but were emitting the same type of energy as the creature. Jo was found unconscious but alive. He also was emitting the same energy.

Back on Rimbor, Jo was being studied to see why he survived and just what that energy was. It was soon discovered that Jo could concentrate the energy and either increase his strength 100 fold or his speed 100 fold. He could also use the energy as a micro thin shield surrounding his entire body. A last power given to him by the energy was to increase his senses, letting him see farther, microscopically, hear the softest whisper and even ultra-high frequencies. He can only concentrate the energy on one area at a time.

Still wanting to leave Rimbor, Jo contacted R.J. Brande. Jo had learned of Brande’s advocacy for Proteans being recognized as sentient. Brande’s lawyers were able to have Jo declared an autonomous being. Jo then traveled to Earth where Brande introduced him to the Legion of Superheroes.

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

Wow, i love this Ultra boy. you've got a flare for classic Legion with a great twist!

i love the tie in of the energy creature!

--------------------

Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
Eons ago, the inhabitants of Rambat traded their physical bodies for cybernetic globes encasing only their brains. As time wore on, the Rambatites discovered that lacking the physical quality of emotion made them more and more heartless and cruel with each passing generation. At last, in the early twentieth century, a tremendous planet-wide conflict rendered Rambat uninhabitable, and destroyed the majority of the population. With their people ill, injured, and dying, the four leaders of the four quadrants of Rambat had new, specialized globes created for them which allowed them to travel through space at FTL speeds, and provided them with a safe, livable environment within their respective globes.

While it was their own rivalry and lust for power which resulted in the destruction of their homeworld, the Ramatite leaders cooperated in a new venture. Their goal was to find a new world to conquer and repopulate.

But there was a fifth survivor of Rambat. The scientist who created the advanced globes had a young daughter, and created a fifth globe for her survival. Knowing that the four despots would not tolerate another possible competitor, she sent her daughter far into the distant future, to the planet Earth in the 31st century.

Joining the Legion, the last daughter of Rambat took the name Brain-Globe Five, and later, Brainiac-5.

Brainiac-5 possesses an intellectual and scientific capacity far beyond that of human beings. Her hyper-globe provides nourishment, a comfortable environment, allows her to move unaided through space, and is nearly indestructible. She also has the ability to affect the impulses, thoughts, and emotions of others, although she experiences no emotion herself. She is able to create nearly irresistible impulses in the minds of most sentient beings. In addition, she is able to project simple illusions, such as invisibility, with her ability to “cloud men’s minds.”

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.