Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The latest Legion issue you've read... (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The latest Legion issue you've read...
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So, I finally just read the Brave and the Bold issues with the Legion teaming up with the Doom Patrol and the Subs teaming up with the Inferior Five.

Lots of fun!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Just got Archives #6 for my daughter for Christmas. I couldn't resist cracking it open myself. Poor Ferro Lad.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Just reread the Soljer story (SLSH #210, August 1975). This story is one that sticks in the minds of many Legion fans - it made a big impression on me as well. It was published just after the fall of Saigon (April 1975) and anti-war sentiment would still have been pretty high. It's interesting that what's basically a pro-military ideals (not necessarily pro-war) was written at the time - and resonated with so many people.

It's a story of devotion to duty, fighting on against all odds and personal sacrifice. These are ideals which make up the Legion and I think that's part of what is so appealing about the story.

I believe it's the first story detailing some history from the big gap period between the 20th and 30th centuries: Soljer was infantry from World War VI, in the 28th century.

It's also a lost tech story (one of my favourite themes): Soljer used an anti-matter fusion weapon, the technology for which was lost in the destruction of WW VI.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
That's interesting. I'd never really thought about the Soljer story in relation to real world events at the time.

Anyway, just read the newly released digital version of LSH vol. 4 #41 today, the "back-door pilot" for the Legionnaires series. Man, that was fun!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.