Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Return of the Levitz/Giffen team for LSH in 2013 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Return of the Levitz/Giffen team for LSH in 2013
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
During the "New 52" panel at this year's New York Comic-Con, Paul Levitz briefly mentioned that his next big story for Legion of Superheroes will be him reteaming with Kieth Giffen (no word if it's just him writing or doing the art as well).

Not a whole lot was said, other than it would involve the return of the Fatal Five, and it sounds like it will involve them shutting down a lot of technology around the United Planets, which Levitz said would probably be an even bigger disaster a thousand years from now then it would be now.

I'm kind-of excited for this--I haven't hated the current book at all, but I felt that it could have been a lot more exciting or interesting, so hopefully Giffen being involved will give the book a good kick in the pants.

From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Kay:

Not a whole lot was said, other than it would involve the return of the Fatal Five, and it sounds like it will involve them shutting down a lot of technology around the United Planets, which Levitz said would probably be an even bigger disaster a thousand years from now then it would be now.

Hmm... sounds suspiciously like the last story Levitz and Giffen did together (The Magic Wars), not to mention Gail Simone's No Better Reason. Still, it definitely has the potential to give this title the spark its been missing.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
I would kill for the Fatal Five to disappear and never come back. Seriously. However, having a huge, technological disaster does sound a little intriguing. Granted, it isn't as though that plot hasn't been done before, but it'll probably make for interesting storytelling. The legion without their tech always seems to breed amusement.

That and Brainy is always amusing when he can't use his lab. And I love me some Brainy.

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Hmm... sounds suspiciously like the last story Levitz and Giffen did together (The Magic Wars), not to mention Gail Simone's No Better Reason. Still, it definitely has the potential to give this title the spark its been missing.

Sorry if this a bit of a noobish question, but Gail Simone wrote for the Legion at one point? I did not know that. I take it was during the Reboot era?
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, the last four issues of The Legion series. #35-#38 I believe. A pretty solid storyline, imo, but less impact than it could have had since it was pretty much the last real story of the reboot Legion.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

quote:
Yeah, the last four issues of The Legion series. #35-#38 I believe. A pretty solid storyline, imo, but less impact than it could have had since it was pretty much the last real story of the reboot Legion.

Cool. I'll have to look out for that one.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:

Cool. I'll have to look out for that one.
It's also notable for having Postboot appearances of Nightwind and Infectious Lass, and for using both of them really well.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
and with the reintroduction of Fatal Five, I wonder how it will affect the history of Ferro Lad's death? That leaves one question - who were the villains that worked alongside the Legion in defeating Sun Eater?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Perhaps they've never faced the Sun-Eater?
Jay Kay
Applicant

It's interesting--I assumed that the Flashpoint/DCnU stuff wouldn't have affected the Legion, since it's so far in the future. Has it and I haven't noticed?
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
speaking of Flashpoint, where is XS?!?!?!!?!? where is she?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
During the "New 52" panel at this year's New York Comic-Con, Paul Levitz briefly mentioned that his next big story for Legion of Superheroes will be him reteaming with Kieth Giffen (no word if it's just him writing or doing the art as well).

I'm kind-of excited for this--I haven't hated the current book at all, but I felt that it could have been a lot more exciting or interesting, so hopefully Giffen being involved will give the book a good kick in the pants.

Paul stated previously that Keith would draw six issues, and that he would contribute ideas.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39547

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
No! Don't let Keith Giffen draw any Legion Issue.
He lost the touch to draw beutiful girls..
All the girls in the annual looks horrible(Ayla, Vi, Jeckie and The new Emerald Empress)

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
I still think we have no evidence other than the one interview that this will be the Fatal Five's first encounter with the Legion, rather than just their first appearance in the Nu52. In fact we've seen Fatal Five members already, including Validus (a whole other continuity headache), as Brainy had the Legionnaires checking out rumours of the FF RE-forming. I can't imagine Paul will contradict stuff from less than six months ago.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

quote:
Originally posted by EmeraldEmpress:
No! Don't let Keith Giffen draw any Legion Issue.
He lost the touch to draw beutiful girls..
All the girls in the annual looks horrible(Ayla, Vi, Jeckie and The new Emerald Empress)

I like how Giffen draws now, but then while I do love me some Kirby-esque art, it would be cool do something that's a little more than a pastiche of it. Maybe he'll do that with this arc?
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.