Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Return of the Levitz/Giffen team for LSH in 2013 (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Return of the Levitz/Giffen team for LSH in 2013
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I am confused as to why the intangible woman and the invisible man seem to be running from a hand. (when powers may be useful)

BUT I DO want to see Tinya and Jacques hand the Fatal Five their nasses!!! all by themselves. [Big Grin]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow PG...those are some manly shoulders you've got going on there.
From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I can't say I'm really digging the Tinya on the cover, but, man, this is pretty exciting!

Hmm... could the giant hand be Modo?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Love it! Very dynamic. Jacques looks awesome. Tinya - Here's a term I've never used before - "Kirbyesque boob window."

[ November 09, 2012, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I think this Tinya looks very much like she is using every ounce of muscle she has to pull Jacques away from harm... love it, a LOT!

This is going to be nothing short of complete kickassery.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The hand: I imagine is meant to evoke what happened to the original IK.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So... odds seem to be good that one or more Legionnaires will be dying to make room for the returning Lost Legionnaires... [Hmmm?]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Lame, if true. Unless its Harmonia. *titter*

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I guess Val Armorr won't be coming back anytime soon! If Paul needed a co-plotter Jim Shooter would have been my 1st choice, I would love to see the two of them play off of each other with the Legion caught in the middle, if he needed an artist Steve Lightle would have been my 1st choice out of all the great artists that have worked on the Legion, other than those two gentlemen I would love to see Paul do something Legion related with Alex Ross, Jim Starlin or Alan Davis and Mark Farmer.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
For me (and many others), Giffen has been partially responsible for the best and the worst moments in the Legion. But I must say, I am looking forward to him to return even if it's only for a short time. He and Levitz do work well together.

If this is the cover of LSH #17, it's nice to see Phantom Girl finally making a cover, just as Violet finally makes the cover of #16. Now if Shadow Lass and Lightning Lass can finally get some attention....

From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
well I am still waiting for XS and Quislet to grace the Legion pages. [Frown]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
OMG Tinya AND Jacques! That looks rather explosive. Can't wait [Big Grin]

I just had a thought, wouldn't it be grand if Tinya and Jacques were stranded somewhere and had a *moment* now that would be an interesting love triangle. It certainly would lead to some character development.

I don't know about the "love triangle" thing, but I want more Legion friendships in general. And that cover looks great to me.

(Also, I've mentioned it before: But it's time they amped up Jacques' skillset. He should be able to do more with invisibility, just as Sue Storm-Richards was eventually given an expanded skillset.)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Now what did Tinya and Jacques do to rile up Gim?

I hope Giffen ignites a spark with Levitz, but when their couple of years come to an end, I hope DC either lures Hickman from Marvel or entrusts the LSH with an unknown writer who's age-equivalent to the characters he or she is writing.

I really think the LSH needs fresh voices evoking the future.

Paradoxically, I hope Levitz becomes editor of LSH for life, whenever he decides to stop writing. That fresh vision of the future still needs a through line to the voices of the past.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy: I will give it a shot but, this die hard fan of KG has to say, PG looks like Frankenstein.
To this non-fan of Giffen, it's some of his best art of the last few decades. I'll take it over his 'everyone has square faces and botox lips' phase any day. [Smile]
Keith's time as part of TMK had the awful 'black shadowed nose and mouth' phase, too.
ugh

I'm looking forward to this arc.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome46:
I don't know about the "love triangle" thing, but I want more Legion friendships in general.

Definitely. And it would certainly be a shocking development, for any sort of media, to present a friendship between a male and a female character that *isn't* all about sexual tension or subtext or will they/won't they.

(Tinya, Cham, Vi and Jacques, in particular, as members of the Espionage Squad, should be shown as having their own friendshippy moments, IMO.)

It's gotten so ridiculous that today's comic book writers can't seem to even write a story about siblings, like Pietro and Wanda, or Johnny and Sue, without some sort of creepy romantic vibe sneaking in, let alone write a non-romantic friendship between non-siblings of the opposite sex...

quote:
(Also, I've mentioned it before: But it's time they amped up Jacques' skillset. He should be able to do more with invisibility, just as Sue Storm-Richards was eventually given an expanded skillset.)
Jacques definitely needs something. Even if he just, non-power-wise, studied and trained his butt off and became hyper-competent (like an awesome spy or secret agent, or a brilliant tactician, or a martial artist), making him more like 'Batman, who also has a super-power!' instead of 'mostly helpless dude who happens to have a pretty un-spectacular power.'

Building off of invisibility, which is all about manipulating light, is problematic for a Legionnaire since developing the ability to generate light would duplicate what Sun Boy gave up doing a long time ago, developing the ability to alter frequencies of light turns him into Color Kid, who was rejected for not having a good enough power, developing the ability to shape light and make patterns and images makes him a much weaker version of Princess Projectra, and developing the ability to negate light replicates Shadow Lass. Even if he could eventually do all of those things, it's hardly a unique niche for him.

A different tack might be for his ability to become invisible be defined less as messing with light, and more as messing with the properties of his body (in this case, making it translucent). By exploring that angle, he might instead develop the ability to alter *other* properties of his body, like it's PH (making himself acidic) or it's vibratory rate (allowing him to slowly phase through matter) or it's electrical potential (allowing him to shock people) or it's temperature (making himself incredibly cold or incredibly hot).

Or he could just use his powers intelligently, and stop A) forgetting to turn invisible during combat and / or B) blabbing and giving away his location while invisible. [Smile]

Perhaps he could even wear invisible body armor, and use Lyle's invisibility formula to keep it invisible, even when he's totally visible, allowing people to mistakenly believe that he's blasterproof and can punch steel walls without hurting his hand.

An invisible dude who never announced his presence on a team (except to his teammates), but remained invisible 24/7 could be super effective, as enemies would never think to look for him, and always be surprised when random things just 'went wrong' for them (thanks to invisible dude they don't know even exists unplugging their equipment or jamming their weapons or slamming a door in someone's face or tripping one of them or pushing one of his fellow heroes out of the way of one of their deadly attacks).

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.