Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Return of the Levitz/Giffen team for LSH in 2013 (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Return of the Levitz/Giffen team for LSH in 2013
Merlion Man
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merlion Man   Author's Homepage   Email Merlion Man         Edit/Delete Post     
My theory is Phantom Girl has been kidnapped and replace with Phantom Lad on Profem. Hence, the "don't touch" comment.
With the return of the Fatal Five, who has the time to take medication? [Razz]

From: Singapore | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Newsarama interview with Levitz.

Nothing really new.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Merlion Man:
My theory is Phantom Girl has been kidnapped and replace with Phantom Lad on Profem. Hence, the "don't touch" comment.

Would be a nice homage to Dirk being the one to figure out that Garth was really Ayla.

Figures that Dirk would be the one to develop the talent to tell biological females from Profem females!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, Paul states that the Legion has previously faced members of the Fatal Five (which remember, they were being called before any of the villains ever met) just never all together at once. This easily allows most of past LSH history to exist. During the Sun-Eater crisis, Jeckie was never able to find the Persuader (the one FF member not in mortal danger) thus only Tharok, Emerald Empress, Mano, and Validius were present when Ferro Lad sacrificed himself. Months later, the Fatal Four escape Talok VIII and their attempt to conquer the UP fails but not before Tharok takes Validus under his control. From then on, Tharok forges a tenuous alliance of convience with the Persuader and the others but various circumstances conspire against the Legion ever fully confronting the full complement of the Fatal Five. Lyle is still crushed by Validus answering the beacon of Tharok's brain fragments, and Sarya still kills herself with Jeckie's help prior to the Magic Wars...

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Newsarama interview with Keith Giffen.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
Nrama: And you already said "no one is safe." That sounds like someone is going to die.

Giffen: Yeah, it does, doesn't it?

Nrama: Can you describe the story you guys are telling over the next few months?

Giffen: Without giving away too much, the next few months is a Fatal Five story. And we'll begin to inject real consequence into the Legion book. We'll make it harder to do things in the 30th Century.

From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
hmmmmmmm

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a feeling that we will lose a few long time Legionnaires and that the emphasis will be placed on the younger members of the team. And we will likely see new members.
From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, if they give us this "no one is safe" spiel, and then do something predictable like kill off one of the new kids or an inactive Legionnaire or something, it's going to seem pretty lame.

My gut tells me the two most likely candidates are Cosmic Boy and Element Lad. Rokk is the only active founder, and killing him would really put the team through the ringer. Jan has mostly been seen in the mentor relationship with Chemical Kid lately, and his death would eliminate the semi-redundancy of their powers, as well as proving a possible turning point for Hadru.

Brainiac Five would be really daring, and we've seen Levitz and Giffen flirt with a Brainy-less Legion during their last collaboration, so it's not impossible, but I just don't see it actually happening.

Of course, they may just fall back on something lame and predictable after all. Oh, what's that you say? The Fatal Five just landed on Bismoll? I wonder what's going to happen? [Roll Eyes]

EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
The very lame thing is...if for have a good story the writers must kill a very loved character.
It means that capacity of imagination of them is not so big and they go to the easy thing.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Paul did this same thing before starting this new run and it resulted mostly in an epidemic of eye rolling. Blow up a planet? Sleep with your best friend but he's not your best friend yet....

Just tell good stories. Don't manufacture controversy and drama.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:

Just tell good stories. Don't manufacture controversy and drama.

The entire industry could benefit from that advice

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Eh. Coming from someone who dreads Giffen returning to the Legion, I'm pretty much jaded to this anyway.

Could be worse. If he's going for 'drama!,' he might veer away from his "comedy." (Note my use of sarcastic air quotes.)

It could be the all-Ambush Bug and Lobo show, guest-starring the dreadfully uptight Legion of Super-Incompetents, who serve as their hapless comedic foils and look annoyed (complete with little black squiggly over their scrunched up faces) whenever Ambush Bug does something whacky or Lobo saves the day, for instance.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
My guess is Cosmic Boy is going to die after showing how heroic he is without his powers.
From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Hoping for the best, it goes without saying that Levitz and Giffen had a legendary run during the 80's!

My biggest concern is that right after they had finished with my favorite characters it occurred to me that there was a Legion before Levitz and Giffen, just not after Levitz and Giffen?

Of course Crisis on Infinite Earths and John Byrne had a lot to do with that.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.