Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Return of the Levitz/Giffen team for LSH in 2013 (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Return of the Levitz/Giffen team for LSH in 2013
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I really think the title needs some of the boldness of the 5YL era or DnA's run, both of which had things I really didn't like, but at least they weren't boring, which is what the title has hovered around being the past few years. And, anyway, stuff I don't like can always be fixed in the inevitable next reboot. [Wink]

Couldn't agree more.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
Agreed on the boringness--it's part of why I've been enjoying Legion Lost more. Sure, it's a bit of a hot mess, but at least it's not being SAFE.
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I actually thought that bringing in the Pocket Universe Earth as a replacement was actually a pretty sweet idea. I would've been pretty happy with that, if Zero Hour hadn't happened.

But the Pocket Universe Earth was rendered lifeless by Zod & co in Matrix-Supergirl's origin story. The effect that story's ending - where Superman executes the three Kryptonian criminals for killing that Earth - had on the series, leading to the year-long Exile arc that introduced the Eradicator and (by extension) the post-Crisis Fortress of Solitude, Reign of the Supermen and Return of Superman was THE WHOLE REASON the Pocket Universe story was preserved in any form in the Glorithverse when everything else Super-related got yanked from the Legion!

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Nothing a little terraforming wouldn't fix. [Wink]

Though, of course, how annoying is it that after Superboy gave his life to insure the preservation and future safety of his Earth, Byrne went ahead and destroyed all life on it. Jeepers, DC! What kind of crap will you think of next? You might as well bring Earth-2 Superman back from his post-Crisis paradise, and then have him beaten to death by the Superboy of Earth-Prime! Oh, wait... [Wink]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
A lot of the lead-up to it was kinda crap, but looking back, there was some good stuff in Infinite Crisis, IMO.
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ I'm of the opposite opinion. I thought the one-shot special Countdown to Infinite Crisis (not to be confused with the excremental Countdown to Final Crisis) was excellent, and the 4 lead-in mini-series' (most especially Day of Vengeance) were all pretty good too.

But Infinite Crisis itself was just a jumbled mess to me. It had a few good moments but they were few and far between and as a sequel to the much better in every way Crisis on Infinite Earths, I thought it did that first series a real disservice too.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
You know... all of that stuff kind of blends together for me now.

I did like the whole giant tuning fork with heroes from various realities hooked up to it, but that's about all I remember liking in the series.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Brainiac Five would be really daring, and we've seen Levitz and Giffen flirt with a Brainy-less Legion during their last collaboration, so it's not impossible, but I just don't see it actually happening.

A Brainy-less legion might actually be a real possibility as Giffen states "And it becomes really easy to just have them grab some piece of technology off the shelf and go, here's how we end it! He uses this super-neutralizer." And who better to have invented that no longer accessible super-neutralizer in the past - Brainy!

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
A Brainy-less Legion wouldn't be a bad thing, if only for a year or two anyway. The franchise certainly needs a shake up as the Lost crew return and they get their team numbers up to a decent level again it would be good to see that they aren't returned to the status quo immediately. If they are planning to get rid of a few old timers - if only retiring them, it's a brave but IMO necessary step for the group to evolve.

Maybe the group could be split up a bit - an Earth based group alongside an academy group, a Webers World group, a roving strike force, the kids on Talkon-Galtos etc. That way at least we could hope to see a wider selection of members on a rotating basis rather than Brainy, Nura, Cos and Jo in just about every issue.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
It's kind of sad to me that the only way most writers can produce a dramatic shake up is through character death. I've been a writer for 15 years, and I rarely if ever write deaths due to it being so extreme. It should be used sparingly otherwise it loses all it's effectiveness! Killing characters just because you can and need a drama kick is really very lame.

That being said, I hope they don't kill anyone. It is entirely possible to revitalize this (admittedly boring) series without going that route.

And, I know I'm biased due to Brainiac 5 being my favorite character, but I really hope they don't get rid of him. If they want to push him to the background for a little while, fine. But I think I would cry openly if they killed him.

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.