Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Don't forget to vote! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Don't forget to vote!
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Send your vote to:
LEGION ELECTION, DC COMICS
1700 Broadway
New York, NY 10019

Final date for ballots: November 16, 2012!

All active members (except those Lost in the 21st century) are eligible.

(Whether or not that excludes Colossal Boy, Star Boy, Comet Queen and other temporarily-resigned-for-plot-reasons members, is unclear.)

Vote early! Vote often! (not really!)

Hypothetical list;
Click Here For A Spoiler
Brainiac 5
Chameleon Boy
Chemical Kid
Cosmic Boy
Dragonwing
Dream Girl
Element Lad
Glorith
Invisible Kid II
Lightning Lass
Mon-El
Phantom Girl
Polar Boy
Shadow Lass
Shrinking Violet
Sun Boy
Ultra Boy

Possible write-in candidates?;
Black Witch / White Witch
Blok
Bouncing Boy
Chameleon Girl
Colossal Boy
Comet Queen
Dawnstar
Duplicate Damsel / Duplicate Girl
Earth-Man's Rotting Corpse
Gates
Lightning Lad
Night Girl
Quislet
Saturn Girl
Sensor Girl
Star Boy
Tellus
Timber Wolf
Tyroc
Wildfire
XS

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I suppose the decision to take the election back to old-skool snail-mail is charming to an extent, and has certain benefits, but it sure has discouraged my participation (and many other cheapo lazyasses like me, I am sure).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Buy a stamp already. I did it. It actually had a cool kind of nostalgic vibe to it. Addressing an envelope and mailing to DC Comics to vote for Legion leader. It felt like I was 13 again.

[ November 03, 2012, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Hell, I've got to go get stamps to do Christmas cards anyway, i'll vote for Legion leader while i'm at it.

GOD, I HATE CHRISTMAS CARDS.

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Harmonia counts as a member.
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Arromdee:
I think Harmonia counts as a member.

Yeah, I knew I was going to forget someone just jotting down names off the top of my head like that.

I probably should have included Matter-Eater Lad as a 'write-in candidate' option as well. (Not that I have any idea if they will even look at write-in candidates...)

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Have mine ready to go, but now my kids want in on the action, so they need to write up their ballots as well. Think they'll mind it's in the same envelope?

Also, I assume mail service is backed-up to NYC. Relatively minor in the scheme of things but will this warrant an extension?

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I would assume the 16th would be a postmark deadline rather than arrival deadline, so the delay shouldn't really matter, right?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
So we all voted. I voted for Mon (see the other thread), and then sealed and mailed my ballot. The kids then made up theirs. My son wrote a hastily scrawled note for Bouncing Boy and then my daughter wrote she was voting for Lightning Lass, then she wrote that is wasn't just because she was Lightning Lad's brother, but because there aren't enough girl leaders. Then she drew and coloured a picture of Lightning Lass (Adventure era costume). Then for good measure she drew and coloured a picture of Lightning Lad and Lightning Lord on either side of her. She ended it with a "PS, I'm your number one fan".

Hopefully her vote counts twice.

[ November 05, 2012, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: Dave Hackett ]

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Ha, awesome that your daughter got so into it!

And your son's choice was a cool one, too! (BB becoming leader was one of the highlights of the cartoon, IMO.)

I also voted for Ayla, because, in light of ken arromdee's recent question about favorites vs. those I would want to see more of, it occured to me that voting for Tinya (my default choice) would logically lead to seeing more of Jo (who hardly needs more exposure) and perhaps Shady (who, while a favorite, could benefit from some downtime while we all forget her recent portrayal...).

So Ayla, who would logically lead to more screentime for Violet as well, was a shoe-in!

My other two choices, from last election season, Mon-El and Chameleon Boy, I had chosen because Mon-El was riding high in reader awareness (and, especially, non-traditional-Legion-reader awareness) from the recent 21st century appearance when he was replacing Superman temporarily, and Cham seemed like a logical choice as the 'heir' to the Brande legacy and the one whose elevation to leader might help address some of the Durlan misgivings about Brande's death.

Neither of those situations seem relevant now, as the story has progressed (and the immediacy of Mon in the 21st century has faded), so my remaining choices were Tinya, Ayla and Lu (with Lu not being technically eligible, as a Reservist).

Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
I unabashedly voted for Brainiac 5 because I'm that person. [Razz]
From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going with Lightning Lass.

I want to vote for someone who isn't the big three plus B5, but who has a chance of receiving enough votes.

Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
cheapo lazyasses like me

Sentient up, girl.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mekt Ranzz
singular.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mekt Ranzz           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
my daughter wrote she was voting for Lightning Lass, then she wrote that is wasn't just because she was Lightning Lad's brother, but because there aren't enough girl leaders. Then she drew and coloured a picture of Lightning Lass (Adventure era costume). Then for good measure she drew and coloured a picture of Lightning Lad and Lightning Lord on either side of her..

i approve of this message.

[Lightning Lord - Post-Boot]

From: out & about | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Glad I saw this thread. I guess I'll have to send my ballot long-distance, then. Or get a relative who lives in the USA to mail it for me.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.