Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related February 2012 Solicitatons and Images

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Legion-related February 2012 Solicitatons and Images
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Not a lot with Lost finishing in January. Just what we have already seen from CBR:

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #17
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art and cover by KEITH GIFFEN and SCOTT KOBLISH
On sale FEBRUARY 20 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

• The legendary LEGION team of Paul Levitz and Keith Giffen are reunited and ready to put The Legion through hell as the Fatal Five make their deadly intentions known!
• The Legion faces the FATAL FIVE for the first time! Is the team ready to go toe-to-toe with the most destructive force of the 31st century?

-

And for those who haven't got the Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow two-parter:

THE DC UNIVERSE BY ALAN MOORE TP
Written by ALAN MOORE
Art by JIM APARO, PARIS CULLINS, GEORGE FREEMAN, DAVE GIBBONS, KLAUS JANSON, KEVIN O’NEILL, JOE ORLANDO, GEORGE PEREZ, KURT SCHAFFENBERGER, CURT SWAN, RICK VEITCH, AL WILLIAMSON, BILL WILLINGHAM, JIM BAIKIE, MICHAEL LOPEZ, AL RIO, TREVOR SCOTT and more
Cover by FRAZER IRVING
On sale MARCH 27 • 464 pg, FC, $24.99 US
• Alan Moore’s work on some of DC’s greatest characters is a benchmark for great stories with fresh approaches to iconic characters.
• Now available in trade paperback, this volume includes ACTION COMICS #583, BATMAN ANNUAL #11, DC COMICS PRESENTS #85, DETECTIVE COMICS #549-550, GREEN LANTERN #188, THE OMEGA MEN #26-27, SECRET ORIGINS #10, SUPERMAN #423, TALES OF THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS ANNUAL #2 & 3, SUPERMAN ANNUAL #11, VIGILANTE #17-18, VOODOO #1-4 and DEATHBLOW: BY BLOWS #1-3!

-

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
That's something I've been wondering--do they just keep adding stories into the Alan Moore trade or what? Dig the Frazier Irving cover, though.
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Re the big hand on LSH 17 - I guess that's supposed to be Validus' hand? Or will Validus be changed, now that Garth and Imra have both their twins with them...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion Man
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merlion Man   Author's Homepage   Email Merlion Man         Edit/Delete Post     
As long as it is not Mordecai [Razz]
From: Singapore | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Re the big hand on LSH 17 - I guess that's supposed to be Validus' hand? Or will Validus be changed, now that Garth and Imra have both their twins with them...

Validus still has his classic three fingers on the cover of the previous issue, so that doesn't seem likely.

Maybe Mano has been rebooted as a giant hand?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Merlion Man:
As long as it is not Mordecai [Razz]

I liked Mordecai.
And Cera with both Eyes.
Ahhh, Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations.
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe it's Colossal Boy!
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Another random possibility: Quislet was shown animating giant hands of earth in the last series.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Maybe that's where Quislet went - Fatal Five found a way to take control of him?

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
Exciting cover layout, but as much as I appreciated Giffen's faux Kirby style on OMAC, I don't want to see the Legion illustrated in that style. Pleasae, DC, assign another illustrator to finish Giffen's layouts!
Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion Man
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merlion Man   Author's Homepage   Email Merlion Man         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't mind Mordecai either, but he is no Validus. Keep him in the Devil's Dozen [Razz]

The cover is really powerful and Jacques looks great. I remember a time when all the girls in the Legion looked spectacular under Giffen. Remember Dream Girl when she nominated herself for leader? Wowee.
Now, poor Tinya looks like she forgot to take her Profem this morning.
Get Larry Mahstedt back! He is the best inker for Giffen.

From: Singapore | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I don't mind Tinya looking all grimy, but she does look unnaturally buff there! Has she been working out?

Not so hot on Mordecai either. I'd be most happy if it were still Validus, with a different or untold origin. I'd be very happy if he weren't Garridan Ranzz.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.