Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Heroines of Taltar! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Heroines of Taltar!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So, apparently, Spider Girl's origin involves her being chosen by the Taltarian matriarchy to be given super-powers so she could infiltrate the Legion to help prepare the way for a femme revolt on Earth or something like that.

Surely, however, Sussa can't be the only super-powered chick produced by the Taltarian government's super-power-chick-producing program. Therefore, I speculate, Taltar must have it's very own team of super-femme protectors!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thora
Mad hot like a Romulan Supermodel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thora           Edit/Delete Post     
I --Thora of Taltar-- can assure you that this is very true.

--------------------
On MY world, which your robot space-probes contacted only a month ago, a superior MATRIARCHAL system exists! There, women are the stronger, dominant sex!

From: Taltar | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
There have no doubt been many heroines of Taltar who, because of the covert nature of their mission, lied about their planet of origin. We may never know the full extent of the Taltarian super-power-chick-producing program (SPCPP).

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Comet Queen is secretly Taltarian, hiding her devious covert agentness under a facade of being an airhead.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Quantum Queen is a definite ...

-

That attitude is a give away

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The use of a codename that ends in 'Queen' is probably a giveaway too!

Comet Queen. Quantum Queen. Saturn Queen. All suspect!

And we better take a look at that Oliver Queen, too!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
No code names derivative of a male character's names either!

no Super Girl here! Although Satan Girl does have potential.

[ November 14, 2012, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Charma was intended to be an Agent of Taltar. She was a product of the early stages of the program, and things went wrong... Since she ended up having women hate her, she was exiled from Taltar and provided with a convincing backstory. There's actually a statue on Taltar in her memory, and as a reminder of unintended consequences of covert programs. Blowback is a bitch.

Come to think of it, Blowback would be a good Taltarian super-agent.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I think other women hating you MUST be a requirement for the Heroines of Taltar. (they're just jealous)

You know everyone hates Thora. She dosn't care though, they fear her more!

Except Charma is kind of a loser ... and Thora dosn't make no losers in her "Super Heroine Double Agent Heroine Labratory".

Lady Memory is also a loser.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I -- Power Boy of Apokolips -- enjoys this thread.
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I -- Power Boy of Apokolips -- also procrastinates frequently.
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
So, apparently, Spider Girl's origin involves her being chosen by the Taltarian matriarchy to be given super-powers so she could infiltrate the Legion to help prepare the way for a femme revolt on Earth or something like that.

There's actual a pretty cool unstated implication in that - that the Taltarians would take a symbol of the traditional male idea of femininity - long hair - and subvert that symbol by weaponizing it.

Very Taltarian, that.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... maybe that's an angle. All of the Heroines of Taltar could have powers based on stereotypically feminine traits or something...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
So how would the Matriarchal Taltar heroines and the Matrilineal Naltor heroines get along?

I suspect it would be like the rivalry between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. To outsiders they look very similar, but nobody who likes living says as much in front of either group.

The whole uncomfortable business probably stems from a bad call in the last game of the Women's Moopsball finals, way back at the dawn of the United Planets...

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Always suspected Johns meant to reveal Lournu's increased powers as some Taltarian plot...

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.