Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes #18 Solicit (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes #18 Solicit
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't see anything else really Legion-related with the March solicits, so...yeah.

-

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #18
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art and cover by KEITH GIFFEN and SCOTT KOBLISH
On sale MARCH 20 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• Separated and in great danger, the Legionnaires must face their greatest foes yet: the new FATAL FIVE!
• Can the Legion’s newly appointed leader handle their greatest enemies?

From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Brainy and Dreamy teamed again. [Hmmm?]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe they can just get their own book?
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
So the new leader is "appointed"? Hmmm...

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if his prominence on the cover means Brainy has been voted leader?

If so... vomit-filled yawn!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Nah...the real leader probably got fed up with him and sent him on some distant mission. Dreamy just got swept up in it all. (Although I wonder if that's his lab in ruins.)

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imskian78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imskian78   Email imskian78         Edit/Delete Post     
Panel hogz! Cover hogz! I am sooooo done seeing the same cast over and over again! Can we please have our LEGION of super heroes back with an emphasis on L E G I O N!
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I think that's Legion headquarters....if this means we get rid of the mired-in-nostalgia upside-down rocket design and get something new and actually *futuristic*, I am all for it!

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The Rocket brings back a whole lot of nice memories and moods for me. I guess I'd be in the camp that hopes it stays.

I wouldn't even mind an issue where Legionnaires wear some "retro" uniforms ala the sports teams and even acknowledge that they are wearing retros or are doing something just for fun. A little fun and play would be nice.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

It wouldn't be the first time the Fatal Five destroyed the Upside Down Rocketship...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know--I think something about the rocketship HQ is just iconic. I don't remember if they're doing this now, but I'd like if they upped the teseract usage and just make it this huge base inside the rocket.
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

The tesseract idea works really well with the Silver Age notion that their HQ was particularly vulnerable to "phantoms" from the fourth-dimension.
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
There seems to be a lot of "earth shaking" or explosions going on with these covers of the new Fatal Five attacking. A new use of his powers for Mano, or are we going to be introduced to new members?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought I saw that scene in the Threeboot Legion?

[Razz]

If they did replace one of the Fatal Five, who? I think only Tharok and Persuader have been "confirmed" recently. Would they replace Validus given the confirmed status of Garridan Ranzz?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Since Levitz made it a point to show Validus exists again, I imagine the behemoth will be making a reappearance. I suppose it could be the Emerald Eye attacking ... it seems unlikely some version of the Empress won't show up considering an Emerald Eye story was the last thing Paul and Keith collaborated on.

Not sure what overall opinion is, but I'm still grooving to Giffen's retro art style. Hopefully that appeal lasts in regular serial format for me. I'll sure miss Portela and hope he's still utilized on and off.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.