Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes #18 Solicit (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes #18 Solicit
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Validus is seen on an upcoming cover. I don't think any reference has been made to Mano, but I can't imagine this would be anything other than the classic Five.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Validus is seen on an upcoming cover. I don't think any reference has been made to Mano, but I can't imagine this would be anything other than the classic Five.

I wouldn't be too sure. In an interview with Newsarama, he says, when asked if they've been revamped with the New 52:

"The core logic that we're exploring here is the idea that in the mythology of the Legion as it stands in the DC universe, there has been a Fatal Five at some point, and the Legionnaires in fact have had run-ins with some of the members. But the Fatal Five we're going to see is a new union that the Legion has never faced before."

Emphasis on SOME. This makes me think that the Fatal Five we've seen mentioned so far are part of the group (some of them maybe revamped/redesigned), but we might see some new faces, too.

Oh, and before I forget, there was one other Legion related solicit for March from their collections:
 -

LEGION WORLDS TP
Written by DAN ABNETT and ANDY LANNING
Art by YVEL GUICHET,
OLIVIER COIPEL, DARWYN COOKE, STEVE DILLON, KLAUS JANSON, MIKE McKONE and others
Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
On sale APRIL 24 • 240 pg, FC, $19.99 US
• Different Legionnaires are spotlighted as the team attempts to find a new identity and mission following the epic LEGION LOST. Mon-El, Spark, Magno, Starboy, Karate Kid and Apparition face menaces on their homeworlds while trying to find a way to rejoin the rest of the team.
• Collects LEGION WORLDS #1-6.

Read More: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/12/07/dc-comics-collected-editions-graphic-novels-solicitations-march-2013/#ixzz2EXU30ycN

From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
*glares at Nura's yellow hair*

A reboot-era collection deep into the "new 52" era? Hmm. I'm glad to see it but the timing is a puzzler.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't the Legion Lost and Legion of the Damned trades also come out during the "Retroboot Era"? odd isn't it, won't non-Legion readers get confused?

Sitll, I'm stoked it's coming out. At least Kinetix will be showing up in another trade, and Worlds really is nice.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I might rather pay the 20 bucks than dig my originals out of the boxes in the garage. Mice probably got to them anyhow.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it's not like DC's stopped doing trades of all their old stuff as soon as the New 52 hit. Hell, same month as this comes out they're releasing the complete Ellis/Hitch run of The Authority.
From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
Has anyone else noticed this is the 3rd issue in a row with a cover pairing two similar male/female members?

Issue #16 is Cham and Vi, both shapeshifters and members of the Espionage Squad.

Issue #17 is Invisble Kid and Phantom Girl - invisibility and intangibility.

Issue #18 is Brainy and Dream Girl, both with mental based abilities.

Who's next? Sun Boy (light) and Shadow Lass (darkness)?

From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh maybe they are doing a five part cover like they did at the beginning of Legionnaires when they introduced the Fatal Five.

I wonder if they fit together to form one big cover as well?

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not sure the non-Giffen #16 is necessarily supposed to fit in, but, yeah, I'm thinking two Legionnaires and lots of rubble is pretty much going to be the theme of the covers for this story arc.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by EmeraldEmperor:
Has anyone else noticed this is the 3rd issue in a row with a cover pairing two similar male/female members?

Issue #16 is Cham and Vi, both shapeshifters and members of the Espionage Squad.

Issue #17 is Invisble Kid and Phantom Girl - invisibility and intangibility.

Issue #18 is Brainy and Dream Girl, both with mental based abilities.

Who's next? Sun Boy (light) and Shadow Lass (darkness)?

Ooh, good observation EE!

Could be Sun Boy / Dragonwing (both fire projectors) or Sun Boy / Lightning Lass (both energy manipulators) as well.

Just like the last Brainy/Dreamy cover (where he's being dragged through the portal to the Dominator homeworld), once again, Brainy is the 'damsel in distress' (as is Jacques, being pulled to safety by Tinya), instead of the female character. I wonder if that's deliberate (the women being shown as rescuers, the men in need of rescue) or coincidence?

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Kay:
Oh, and before I forget, there was one other Legion related solicit for March from their collections:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2012/12/legion-worlds.jpg

LEGION WORLDS TP
Written by DAN ABNETT and ANDY LANNING
Art by YVEL GUICHET,
OLIVIER COIPEL, DARWYN COOKE, STEVE DILLON, KLAUS JANSON, MIKE McKONE and others
Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
On sale APRIL 24 • 240 pg, FC, $19.99 US
• Different Legionnaires are spotlighted as the team attempts to find a new identity and mission following the epic LEGION LOST. Mon-El, Spark, Magno, Starboy, Karate Kid and Apparition face menaces on their homeworlds while trying to find a way to rejoin the rest of the team.
• Collects LEGION WORLDS #1-6.

Read More: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/12/07/dc-comics-collected-editions-graphic-novels-solicitations-march-2013/#ixzz2EXU30ycN

Glad to see them collect Worlds, even if the art is uneven (the #1, #2 and #4 lead stories have *really* bad art) and hopefully it presages collections of The Legion. Format whiplash after the Lost HC though...

[And, besides my rage at "Mon-El" rather than M'Onel - at least they got the other codenames right - could they have done a more amateurish job with blanking the old logo/barcode? I hope they've still got all the elements to do a better job on the cover-proper...]

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Didn't the Legion Lost and Legion of the Damned trades also come out during the "Retroboot Era"?

Well, the LotD "100 Page Spectacular" wasn't even a TPB, it was just an oversized comic. That it took them two goes to print right (they printed the first attempt ordered as Lgs #79, Lgs #80, LSH #122, LSH #123 - i.e., parts 2→4→1→3 - and so needed to recall and reprint).

And, yes, Legionnaires #78 (DnA's first issue, introducing Robotica, mostly drawn by Jeff Moy & co but with an epilogue/LotD prologue by Coipel) and "Widening Rifts" remain unreprinted.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
I might rather pay the 20 bucks than dig my originals out of the boxes in the garage. Mice probably got to them anyhow.

Having only recently picked up copies of the original books, I doubt I'll be shelling out the cash for this collection. Still, I'm glad they are publishing it (I just wish they had done so a year ago).

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the Hermit:
quote:

Having only recently picked up copies of the original books, I doubt I'll be shelling out the cash for this collection. Still, I'm glad they are publishing it (I just wish they had done so a year ago).
Originals can take you back to time and place better than the compilation, me anyhow. Buying the originals I think is still the better investment on enjoyment. I'm just too lazy to figure out which box and filled with too much fear to see what other boxes got damaged by the meeces.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originals can take you back to time and place better than the compilation, me anyhow. Buying the originals I think is still the better investment on enjoyment. I'm just too lazy to figure out which box and filled with too much fear to see what other boxes got damaged by the meeces. [/QB]

I agree about the originals (even if my own reading was on hiatus during this particular series's run). Sadly, I don't think the originals of today's books will have the same appeal, due to one small, but crucial element that always helped establish the context of a particular book: the letters page. Somehow books without lettercols just don't have the same sense of being tied to a particular time.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with comment on the letters page. Every time I read back issues, I always read the letters page to see what readers and writers were saying at the time. They often lead me to read the back issue that the letters were about. That is one thing I miss the most about today's comics.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.