Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Preview Legion Lost #15 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Preview Legion Lost #15
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
From DC Collectors:
http://www.dccollectors.com/2012/12/preview-legion-lost-15/#
An ominous title for the penultimate issue...

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Pssh. Wildfire's 'died' from blasting out of his containment suit in his first story arc, and has regularly had suits shredded and spent considerable amounts of time 'pulling himself together' after such incidents a half-dozen times in his history. As Doctor Manhatten once said (paraphrased), 'That's literally the first trick I ever learned, putting myself back together...'

Wildfire's as likely to 'die for real' from a suit failure as Peter Parker is to suddenly keel over dead from the radioactive spider venom that's been in his system for the last fifty some years.

It's extra ironic that he's wearing the white suit that Harvest stashed him in after the *last* time he got blasted out of his boots, during this oh-so-terribly-not-dramatic 'my suit is failing!' scene.

Maybe that's what Harvest is saying, back in the background. "You know this is, like, a temporary inconvenience for him, right?"

And Dawnstar's like, "Obviously. I'm all shocked by something happening off the cover. Drake'll be fine. Happens all the time, really."

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Superboy's "Kill, Maim, Destroy" is just blah. As if a brainwashed killing machine needs to recite any mantra.

The Gates-Timber Wolf friendship is nice, and I hope to see more of it when (and I'm adamant about the WHEN!) they return to the future.

Ridge and Yera talking about redemption... could that be foreshadowing?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I really like the art here--and it seems like this issue's got more of an actual Legion focus, which is nice, considering, you know, this book's being cancelled in a couple of issues.

Of course, the site that posted this preview sucks. I mean, heaven forbid that I might want to actually READ that double-page spread.

From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

Reading the full issue...I have a crazy theory.

So in this, Wildfire's suit goes ka-blewy--or KAWADA-DOOOM, rather--and it's all sad and stuff. However, when Tellus is consoling Dawny about restoring her...some familiar Kirby Krackle wraps around her.

Here's what I'm thinking--what if, in order to save Drake's life, Tellus merges the consciousness and mind within Dawnstar, basically combining the lovers into one form?

It helps further accomplish the mission that this book seemed to start out with--using this time travel adventure to drastically alter these Legionnaires, like with Gates and Timber Wolf. With the merging, we could have that this...Dawnfire would have her tracking and flying skills, but could maybe access the Kirby Krackle blasts that Wildfire had.

There's also something oddly...romantic about the idea. These are two people that have been played for ages that they can never have an intimate relationship (which has always been kinda weird to me, since, well, he does have hands with the suit, but that's beside the point), but they've bonded due to this very personal and emotional connection. There's that old saying that love is finding that person that completes you, and being together makes you a whole being. They would be taking that on a literal level.

From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
This actually isn't too bad of a Legion story this issue. Too bad Superboy and the Ravangers are taking up space. I miss Pete Woods artwork, but alas, that's what you get with a cancelled book.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jay Kay:

Here's what I'm thinking--what if, in order to save Drake's life, Tellus merges the consciousness and mind within Dawnstar, basically combining the lovers into one form?

Interesting idea. It wouldn't be the first time Wildfire has survived by inhabiting someone else's body, nor would it be the first time another entity has inhabited Dawnstar. As long as she doesn't start cutting her wings off...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conjure Lass
And then there was steak!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conjure Lass   Email Conjure Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
You know, as immature as this is, I couldn't stop staring at Dawnstar's boobies on this cover. They are just so...round. So very round. Unnaturally round.

Thank god for comic books.

On a more mature note, I can't understand why Drake blasting out of his containment suit is exciting anymore. Has anyone on the boards actually added up HOW MANY TIMES his suit has been destroyed or he's been "killed"?

My guess would be at least three dozen. Anyone?

From: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
I remember a comment from the original writer Nicieza, pre-first issue, about not wanting to ever fall back on the over used "Wildfire's suit has a hole in it" cliche.
From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
It's even worse considering that Wildfire has survived his suit being destroyed inside a boom tube (Preboot, Great Darkness Saga) and inside a reality-eating rift (Postboot, Widening Rifts)!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
Not counting the destruction of Wildfire's suit, what happened in this issue? Nothing.
From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Kay
Applicant

The point I always assumed was the case wasn't "oh no what's going to happen if Wildfire's suit explodes?" Supposedly, the tech required for Drake to have a containment suit isn't even remotely something that could be made in the 21st century. If his suit breaks, and these Legionnaires are truly stuck in this time frame, then it's game over for him. He may be alive, but he'd be a bunch of floating, invisible anti-energy unable to communicate with anyone. That's definitely something that everyone would be concerned about.

quote:
Originally posted by EmeraldEmperor:
Not counting the destruction of Wildfire's suit, what happened in this issue? Nothing.

Well, they established the gun on the mantlepiece--the Time Bubble and the Singularity bomb that could save the world but kill millions in the process. It doesn't make for an interesting issue here, but next? I'm genuinely excited to see what happens in the last issue.
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Boobies, boobies, boobies, boobies.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
umm...if time travel is no longer an issue, why haven't the Legion proper come after their pals? And why is Brainy obsessing over how he can't break the time barrier anymore in the main title? I CALL SHENANIGANS!

Bad continuity is one thing, but bad continuity which completely screws the premise that your own title is based on is another thing altogether, lol...it's not even like they're just throwing this in because they know they don't care as the title's ending now; those Science Police have been here for months! [Razz]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo: umm...if time travel is no longer an issue, why haven't the Legion proper come after their pals? And why is Brainy obsessing over how he can't break the time barrier anymore in the main title? I CALL SHENANIGANS!
Ah, but maybe it was the SP who are blocking everyone else's attempts to use time travel?

But that would require that Captain Adym be able to build a mousetrap so clever that Brainiac 5 can't find a way out of it, so never mind.

I can't even fanwank a solution to this crap.

Next we'll find out that Captain Adym blew up the Time Institute (and, incidentally, Titan) just to put up this time barrier and stop people from time travelling around willy-nilly, so we can stop blaming Harmonia Li and start blaming him...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.