Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH vol. 7 #15 Preview (Spoilers) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: LSH vol. 7 #15 Preview (Spoilers)
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
very nice artwork....esp. ultra boy and Mon el panel reminds me of Crisis George Perez with Lightning Lass/Wildfire, IIRC.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
SPOILERS FOLLOW

So, having read the whole issue, I'd say it continues the trend of good, but not great, Legion stories we've been having over the past few months. We get quite a bit of action of Legionnaires fighting dinosaurs, cave men, tanks, the Spanish Inquisition, etc. Basically, the whole point of the story is to establish that someone big and powerful wants Glorith dead, and thus lured her to Barcelona where, for some reason, her powers cause a time storm. Now, what big, bad villain noted for manipulating the time stream might possibly want Glorith dead? [Hmmm?]

Anyway, Glorith manages to avoid getting splorped.

Also, Cham invites Ayla and Vi to his room to discuss his suspicions that there's a reason that they are failing in their attempts to prevent the Fatal Five from assembling. And the Fatal Five is notably minus on member in the nice group shot we get of them (unless they're back to counting the Eye as a member).

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the idea that by 3112, the Sagrada Familia will have grown to the point where it covers the entire city of Barcelona.

(If anyone isn't familiar with this building, it's been under construction since 1882 and is projected to be finished in 2026. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagrada_Fam%C3%ADlia.)

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooh, that's some interesting stuff, about the Sagrada Familia!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
Beautiful art...Portela is great at futuristic backgrounds. I'm going to miss him.

Who wants Glorith dead, besides The Time Trapper, unless the Fatal Five is behind this too. It was nice to finally see Glorith in some kind of action sequence, even if it was basically her being rescued.

I didn't like the scene between Cham and Vi. I always figured they would interact with a little more....warmth. Oh well.

From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the clearness and light of all of the panels.
[Yes]

Why would any experienced Legionnaire surmise that one of them would just disappear on their own?
Especially, given recent events with Brainy and Dreamy being abducted?
Call Blok and Mysa, for goodness sake!

You can tell I haven't read the book yet, huh?

[ December 20, 2012, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
Why would any experienced Legionnaire surmise that one of them would just disappear on their own?
Especially, given recent events Brainy and Dreamy being abducted?

It is intriguing that it's Harmonia Li beating the 'nothing is wrong, go back to sleep!' drum.

It's fashionable to bash her for what happened to Titan, and for her horning her way onto the team like a hornless horning thing. And I'm certainly oh-so-fashionable, in that respect, but what if there's actually something sinister about her, and it's not just all us old fogeys resenting her for not being Nightwind?

What if she's messing with Brainy's head, somehow, and her fascination with time shenanigans isn't just leftover from her time at the Time Institute, and her presence whenever Brainy was testing the temporal nature of Glorith's magical shields wasn't just 'oh, and Harmonia hangs out in Brainy's lab for no darn reason.'

What if she refused a Green Lantern not because the Guardians are the 'least wise of the immortals,' but because if she let that ring make itself comfy on her finger, it might analyze her and discover something... alarming.

What if the name Glorith was chosen to make the character of Glorith a red herring, to distract us from Harmonia Li?

I would kind of love it if Paul had been planning something hinky from the very beginning, and was setting things in place to give us a shocking twist worthy of M. Night Shamalamadingdong.

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So, I'm a little puzzled that Glorith doesn't seem to be wearing her flight ring when abducted, but she has it in Barcelona.

Okay, no big deal. Artists forget to draw flight rings. But... can't they track her through it?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Man From Cargg
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Man From Cargg   Email The Man From Cargg         Edit/Delete Post     
Was Glorith using her flight ring to avoid the flames instead of her power an homage or a rip-off of when Dream Girl did the same thing many versions ago? This was back when it was being established that Dreamy's willpower was one of the strongest of all the legionnaires.

--------------------
The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.

From: Hamilton | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
I finished to read Legion 15.
Fantastic art, good story.
Who are the New Fatal Five?
Validus seems to be the same.(With another origin maybe..)
Is The Persuador with a new look or is another character with the atomic axe?
The eye of Ekron has a new Empress with the same costume from the horrible annual.
Is the poor girl from Orando or Sarya has returns in all her glory?
The guy in blue....is Mano, Tharok or an all-new member?
But I'm a little tired to only see The Legion of Brainaic 5, Mon-el, Ultra Boy and Cosmic Boy, with the New Kids....
And only one page of Ayla, Salu y Reep.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
So, I'm a little puzzled that Glorith doesn't seem to be wearing her flight ring when abducted, but she has it in Barcelona.

Okay, no big deal. Artists forget to draw flight rings. But... can't they track her through it?

It was established long ago that Flight Rings can turn invisible at the wearer's whim--Shady once claimed it was for members who may have cultural taboos against wearing jewelry.

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Did anybody notice that in the last two issues super-powered people have been referred to as "uniques"? I wonder if this might be a significant hint as to how the larger (and past) recently rebooted DC universe is going to evolve in the months to come? Not to make a mountain out of a mole-hill, but Levitz hasn't ever used this term before as far as I can recall. [Hmmm?]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Originally posted by Mediocre Boy:
Did anybody notice that in the last two issues super-powered people have been referred to as "uniques"? I wonder if this might be a significant hint as to how the larger (and past) recently rebooted DC universe is going to evolve in the months to come? Not to make a mountain out of a mole-hill, but Levitz hasn't ever used this term before as far as I can recall. [Hmmm?]

It's definitely a new distinction, between the 'everyone in my race has power X' crowd (Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, Phantom Girl, Shrinking Violet, Triplicate Girl, Polar Boy, Brainy, more or less) and the 'the most wonderful thing about Tiggers, is I'm the only one!' folk (Bouncing Boy, Sun Boy, Invisible Kid, Colossal Boy, Princess Projectra, Lightning Lad, more or less).

Although, in many cases, people like Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy (and definitely Brainiac 5 and the new upgraded Duplicate Damsel) are already going pretty far past 'average member of my race' power levels...

Element Lad is another one who, technically has a 'everyone in my race' power, but is also unique, since 'he's the only one.'

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
My thoughts on this issue:

Art = lush! I look forward to Portela's art every month, it is so awesome to behold.

I still find Glorith to be a total MEH character and to date have seen nothing which indicates she should ever have been made a Legionnaire, but it's nice to see her actually involved in ANYTHING at all. If I'm going to accept her as a Legionnaire, she's going to have to start actually doing things. Despite the way they were introduced onto the team, the other new recruits have at least been going on missions and doing superhero-type things...

It's taken a while but I really feel like Paul Levitz has finally gotten his groove back! None of the past few issues have been amazing epics of superhero lore, but they have all been quite solid stories with the definite sense that there's a greater plan at work and he's not just throwing half-assed ideas out into the world.

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, as of this latest issue, I think that Mr. Levitz is finally getting his groove back, too. And just in the nick of time since his old partner, Mr. Giffen, is coming back into the fold. [Smile]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.