Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Any creative types out there?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any creative types out there?
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Seeing all this outburst of creativity has started me wondering.

I use Freeky and Lou's great picture of me as a wallpaper on my works computer. The only very, very slight quibble is the use of FL as the clasp on the cape fastening. Then it struck me that, unlike all the legionnaires, I didnt have a symbol I could use to ID me on the monitor board.

So heres a challenge for you if you like. Can any of you more creative types come up with a suggestion for a symbol. The flag of my home town is three castles, my name Coulthard means either a colt (horse) herder or a goat herder. I'm English (obviously)

So feel free to let the creative juices flow. :-)

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Hee hee, my last name Childers is a shortening of a middle English word childerhouse, which was an orphanage. Try making a good monitor board symbol out of that!
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Granted, this is larger than an icon, but anyhoo...

This is the first thing I thought of when I thought "Faraway Lad"

-

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
Granted, this is larger than an icon, but anyhoo...

This is the first thing I thought of when I thought "Faraway Lad"

thats great cru.

Anyone else got any suggestions?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

quote:
Originally posted by matlock:
Hee hee, my last name Childers is a shortening of a middle English word childerhouse, which was an orphanage. Try making a good monitor board symbol out of that!

Matt,

My first thoughts were a picture of those two orphans who keep turning up in the Simpsons

--------------------
Faithfull

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
This is another idea I had, but I'm less happy with this one.

-

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
They're both pretty good Cru, but I like the spyglass. Kind of classic in its look, to me.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

My surname, Sharritt, is a derivative of Sherwood Forest. So I guess my monitor symbol would be of a wooded area.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
My last name, Gildersleeve, originally meant "Golden Sleeve." My ancestors were so wealthy, apparently, that they wore gold braid on their sleeve.

What they did with that money, I'll never know. [Frown]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
My surname, Sharritt, is a derivative of Sherwood Forest. So I guess my monitor symbol would be of a wooded area.

Or Robin Hood.

[ July 17, 2003, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: He Who Wanders ]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

Or Robin Hood.
Little John would be more appropriate for me.
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
quote:

Matt,

My first thoughts were a picture of those two orphans who keep turning up in the Simpsons

Well, now I'm going to be trying to remember their names all day. My brain is slowly losing it's accumulated Simpsons knowledge since the local repeats aren't on at a good time anymore.

Wait

Wait

Patches and Poor Violet? I think that's it. Whew.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.