Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Good News, Bad News (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Good News, Bad News
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
Well... I found out at work today about a transfer that's been in the works for a while now. It looks like I'll be moving to Phoenix in a few weeks. At least for a year and then its up to me if I stay or not. It comes with a nice increase in salary, especially if I stay.

Unfortunately, I'm leaving everyone I know and love behind. There will probably also be some downtown as I get situated in and I may not have access to a computer at home for a while. I may fly over in the next few weekends to look for an apartment but they offered to set me up in a hotel once I get there so I can look. But it seems that it would just be easier to move all at once. Anyone ever done anything like this? Any advice?

This really sucks as I've just come alive on this forum and made what promises to be some lasting friends. I guess I'll get back eventually, but this has become a daily retreat for me... plus I'll be missing out on SO MUCH FLIRTING!!!

I'm so sad -and excited -and happy -and scared -and... [Aaahhh!]

[ August 04, 2003, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Caleb ]

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Phoenix..!?! Oh baby, and you thought TEXAS was hot...

Nope. I can't advise it. Texas isn't so bad a drive from here. Arizona IS.

Plus I can't deal with you not being around here for that extended length of time. No way! I forbid it Caleb!!!! Listen to me, I'm only looking out for what's best for me!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Caleb

Lash, don't make this any harder for me than it is. Don't think that I haven't considered getting in the car and driving to Tennessee to see you -even though we've only been flirting for a short while.

On the plus side, with the extra money I'll be making, that makes a plane trip to Tennessee more likely. But by then, some gorgeous boy in Memphis will have come to his senses and grabbed Lash all up for himself.

-sob- why can't I transfer to Memphis?!?!?

[ August 04, 2003, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Caleb ]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well I'm partial to Phoenix but only because I was born there. But it is ungodful hot right now. Upwards of 120 some days in July. If you are driving I'd say go in advance and get set up first.

I've not had to do anything like it yet (knock on wood) so I can't help with that. But you have our good thoughts in your trip. Just try to find a cyber-cafe or some such in keep in touch!

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Awwwww sweetie, I was only playing with ya...! Of course it's FANTASTIC that you're doing so well!!! GOOD for YOU!!!! I and your OTHER fan-clubbers are VERY proud of this advancement!!!! You GO boy!!!! WORK it!

(hmmm... Arizona... I bet I'd like it there... lots of guys in shorts, I bet!)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Caleb

Okay, now "Bring Me to Life" by Evanessence is playing on my comp and I'm getting teary-eyed.

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
You'll be back posting before you know it. [Smile]

We'll miss you during your move. Congratulations!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
(hmmm... Arizona... I bet I'd like it there... lots of guys in shorts, I bet!)

Only if you like your boys over 60 Lash. Phoenix has always been a major retirement city because of the extremely low humidity and the warm winters.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
[QUOTE]Only if you like your boys over 60 Lash. Phoenix has always been a major retirement city because of the extremely low humidity and the warm winters.

WHAT?!?!? That's it. Tommorrow I turn it down.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

60...? Poor Caleb!!!

--------------------

Caleb

I've always gone for older guys but that's pushing it.

Lash, expect a guest. Once I turn down the job, I'll be looking for a new one. Where better to look than Memphis?

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Agreed! You wanna be a medical tech?

If not, what's your field and I'll start looking...!

--------------------

rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I wuz gonna say congratumalations, but now it all seems so up in the air... Caleb, may you be deeply happy wherever you go.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Damn it, Caleb! And you're getting a starring role in our next LMB tag team story, which details the founding of Lash's Legion of Super-Bitches!

We'll be starting that just as soon as we finish the Super-Jailhouse of Space! Oh wait... you'll probably be all settled in and back online by then...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caleb:
I've always gone for older guys but that's pushing it.

<==================== Older guy here, but not 60! Not even pushing 60 or even 50 for that matter!

Dear Diary: Just found out that LW Cutie in residence, Caleb, goes for older guys! Can you believe it? Who would have thought that such a hottie might even look this way! Wonder how he feels about 40 sumpin'? Maybe that still too old...or maybe even that's too young! Oh the tragedy if that were the case.

[ August 05, 2003, 04:25 AM: Message edited by: Varalent ]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.