Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Fatal Embarassement

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fatal Embarassement
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Probably spelled it wrong too... I find an "Odd things you've done" but not a "Stupid and embarrassing things" thread here...

I was in Halifax today at the Comic Book Store and left this notebook in which I keep all sorts of personal scribbles, notes, MB ideas or lack thereof, grocery lists, financial shit unfortunately, etc etc - left it there in the back issues stacks, by the time I got home of course, the place is closed, so God knows who's got it, been reading it... as Lester rightly says "You're STUPID". So I'll have to call them tomorrow afternoon, when they open, it's just all to effing embarassing ... I'd rather have posted the whole thing here, at least there's some cyber-wall of anonymity.

(I did get a few Legion back-issues to compensate for my pending mortification...and I'm not dead, I can continue to do business with them by mail order... so it's not the END of the world...)

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh sweetie!! Maybe you'll be in luck and no one even noticed it before they closed--?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
OH NO! Not the back issue stacks!

Man, the people that hang out in the back issue stacks (present company excluded) Brrrr. Expect all the goody stuff to be in the next Halifax Chronicle.

Well, you CAN relocate.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry to hear that FC but I wouldn't get too worked up over it. More than likely no one has bothered with it and one of the employees picked it up and put it behind the counter for you to claim.

[Smile]

[ August 24, 2003, 04:38 AM: Message edited by: Varalent ]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Right....best to not worry until you know for sure, and then deal with what happens as you find it out.

Not that I'm capable of following that advice myself, but it *is* a good idea.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
What you have is what Renaissance gentlemen called a "commonplace book," and I've lost more than one of them as well. So now I keep it on the computer. First thing onto the CD-R and into Yahoo! Briefcase. I don't trust myself without two backups. Random wisdom evaporates too easily.
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Just so's FC doesn't feel all alone in the embarrassment dept.:

Awhile back, we merry LMB'ers took over a board on the DCMB's with a non-existent traffic flow, the Phineas B. Fuddle forum hidden away on the Paradox Press boards. Growing comfortable (a little TOO...) with the percieved anonymity and security of our little hideaway, I proceeded to have an online conversation with Lash about a relative newcomer I was quite taken with over on the Legion boards, a certain Ms. Debutante. After I made a particularly blush-inducing comment, who should pop into the conversation...!

[Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

We've since become good friends (I mail her all my cat brushings [Razz] ), but I doubt I'll EVER live that incident down... [Roll Eyes] [Embarrassed] [Confused]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you all, for not calling me a *&!@*# idiot and for words of comfort. After I left this board last night I read that 10,000 people were evacuated from Kelowna BC because of approaching forest fires, which put my silly incident in perspective.

I just called the shop and they have the notebook, they just sounded miffed that I didn't have my name on it - or was that just their cover story to hide the fact that they took it to the pub last night and read it out loud amid gales of derisive laughter? It's not losing the "random wisdom" that worries me (precious little of that from this quarter), it's the exposure of persistent and moronic idiocy revealed by my random jottings. Oh well....

Pov - lucky thing Lester is such a wuss - he might not have appreciated your expressed devotion to la Debutante, no doubt she was tickled however.

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
I just called the shop and they have the notebook, they just sounded miffed that I didn't have my name on it - or was that just their cover story to hide the fact that they took it to the pub last night and read it out loud amid gales of derisive laughter? It's not losing the "random wisdom" that worries me (precious little of that from this quarter), it's the exposure of persistent and moronic idiocy revealed by my random jottings. Oh well....

If they're the sort that would pull such a thing, they probably can't beyond one-syllable words to begin with. I'm betting you're safe.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Nah, they're dolls. I'm just paranoid - it's my default state of mind.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Pov - lucky thing Lester is such a wuss - he might not have appreciated your expressed devotion to la Debutante, no doubt she was tickled however.

Tickled isn't the word... Every once in a while, she'll bring it up in a phone conversation and is ultimately reduced to gasping giggle-fits, even now... [Roll Eyes]

And I'm glad your notepad was recovered uneventfully... at least to your knowledge! [Wink] [Big Grin]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Whelmed.
Pov

*sigh*...

It beats being UNDERwhelmed, I guess! [Big Grin]

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
The comic shop I go to has a *terrible* prom picture someone left there, taped to the cash register, for all to see and mock. Obviously, the picture's owner has never claimed it. I wonder if they've just never returned to the store, or never wanted to admit that the picture is theirs?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
And fortunately, since the guys at the shop didn't know it was yours, no one could have tied you to it.

Until a year from now when you're in the same pub, and the regulars start telling you these stories that are silly and embarrassing yet awkwardly familiar to you... [Embarrassed]

Just kidding. I'm glad they have it for you to reclaim!

I myself have had two or three such notebooks. Carried one all through college, in case any new thoughts or ideas hit me. Mid-lecture in history or somewhere when I had an inspiration I'd grab the "book" out of my backpack and scribble furiously to get the thoughts down on paper. Then it would go back in the pack and I'd resume taking notes. I had a creative writing class, and I couldn't stop coming up with story ideas, etc.

I called one book "Mental Hiccups", another "Mental Notes", another "From the files of DUH", and my personal favorite: "Scribbles and Bits".

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.