Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Deja.... deja....deja..... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Deja.... deja....deja.....
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
.....VU!!!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Here's....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

number....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

....100!!!!!

[Laugh Out Loud] Again

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Congrats!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
You go! three in a row...nice! more more more!!!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Deja...Deja...Deja...

Thoris? [Laugh Out Loud]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Deja...Deja...Deja...

Thoris? [Laugh Out Loud]

rickshaw, do you actually know that reference? You've hit upon my favorite ERB series. I even have a Frank Frazetta (sp?) action figure of the princess.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm, lets see.

John Carter, Warlord of Mars.

Best friend, Tars Tarkus.

I think his faithful pet was Woolla? A cross between a bulldog and a lion.

Deja's people were basically american indians in space as pigmentation, while the architecture reminded me of Eastern Indian.

John fell asleep in a cave while hiding out from Apache's, I think it was. Woke up on Mars, a dying planet, Called "Barsoom"? by natives. He could leap quite far distances and was very strong due to the 'lesser' gravity.

He and Deja had a son in the later books.

Tars' great secret was that his mother actually raised him. I often thing that rather than an african proverb, Hilliary read this book for her infamous "it takes a village".

And hey, i am not trying to be snotty here. I read these books when i was about 10 or 11. I'm 36 now. So, its been a few years.

And, unjustly, i think that for far too many years this particular ERB series was overshadowed by that 'other' series.

Tantor my hairy ass, lol.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
They had a daughter as well. And in recent years one of the comic book companies (don't recall which) actually printed a mini-series with John and Tarzan.

John Carter was also used in a War of the Worlds anthology in the 90's and most recently appeared in the first issue of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, series 2.

And its been since HS that I read the books but he's still retained a spot in my collection. Maybe its time to pull out the old Marvel series that features what is supposed to be Frank Miller's first work at Marvel, if not first pro work.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

I think Dave did some art for it too. I think he said it was around #20 or 21. I may be wrong, but i think thats what i remember, lol.

To be honest, i didn't remember the daughter.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Lightning Lad
Founder

Dave did the inks on the first issue and the pencils on issue 11. I think that was all he did but I'm not sure.
rickshaw1
Leader

See what happens when you turn 36. Your memory goes. Dave mentioned this on the legion boards, i think it was, not four months ago. And somehow i got the numbers wrong.

[ August 28, 2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: rickshaw1 ]

--------------------

Something pithy!

Lightning Lad
Founder

Well it could be my 37 year old memory that's on the fritz. I wouldn't know for sure unless I dug out the issues.
rickshaw1
Leader

Nah, most likely you are right. I have a bad memory when it comes to things like numbers, lol. Which made a lot of sense in my choosing Finance as a college degree program. funny thing, stick some dollar signs in front of numbers and i do really well. [Wink]

--------------------

Something pithy!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.