Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » All change...!!! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: All change...!!!
Estimate Lad
Substitute Poster

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Estimate Lad   Email Estimate Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Not that I'm one of the biggest posters but it looks like my on-line activity is gonna fall over the next couple of months.

Here's the deal...I'm giving up my job to be a full-time beach bum! Well not quite but it sounds good...

Basically my girlfriend and I have been planning to move to somewhere smaller and nearer the coast than Bristol. We've been looking at Cornwall and Devon for quite a while but jobs in our areas are pretty scarce down there. This week though she's just been offered and accepted a job in Falmouth, our house has gone up for sale and I've just handed in my notice with no job to go too! I'm kinda scared but excited at the same time.

So what does this mean? Less time on LW, as I tend to do this at work, 'cause our home modem is lousy. Buying comics by mail! Less money! Never mind though as next summer I intend to spend every weekend I can falling off surfboards in one of the most beautiful parts of the UK.

Anyway I'll still be around full-time for another seven weeks and after that on a part-time basis as and when our modem will allow. But I just thought I'd share this with you guys as I'm pretty damned excited!!!

From: Kernow | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Congats no the big move! It does sound exciting and scary. I hope you pick up something as soon as you get there (or sooner -- with weekends free!), besides a surf board. [Smile]

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
First Caleb, now Esty... what IS this, L*World on the Run?!! [Eek!] *GASP*!

Congrats, EL! [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
good luck ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Best of luck, E-Lad. Looks like you survived Legion World after all, unlike Chemical King! [Smile]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Good luck Estimate Lad. And kudos to you for taking a big leap like this. Keep in touch when you can.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Falmouth is a lovely place EL. I hope you get fixed up with a job soon.

Hey I just figured out where I can go for my summer hols next year

[Eek!] [Love] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Love] [Eek!]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. Best of luck with your move, EL!

quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
Hey I just figured out where I can go for my summer hols next year

Other than Brighton, London, Newcastle, or Edinburgh (the locations of my favorite Brit posters [Love] ), I'd most like to holiday at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. You gotta love a place that sounds both quaint and charming, and titillating at the same time....
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Good luck, EL. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Go for it, dude!!!

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Feel your body melt
Mum to mud to mad to dad...

Oh, and good luck! Hope you check in as much as possible!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Best of luck with everything, EL! Let us know how things progress.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estimate Lad
Substitute Poster

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Estimate Lad   Email Estimate Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks guys!!!
From: Kernow | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Good for you Estimate Lad. Having taken the leap into the jobless void myself 9 years ago - you'd be surprised how much stuff and money you don't need. Hope it all works out for you, I'm sure it will.

Around here, the libraries have phenomenally good computers, with high-speed connections. Maybe there's something similar where you're headed to help you stay in touch.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, that's pretty exciting all right. Everytime we go down to the Gulf coast (that's the Florida and Alabama coast on the Gulf of Mexico) I wish I could do what you're doing. Good luck!
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.