Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Post Counts (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Post Counts
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
What happened to the post counts? Did having two Time Trappers bust the systems so that none of us can see our post counts anymore? (At least not without looking at individual profiles.)

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
The official explanation is over on the Science Police board.

The counts are still being kept; they just aren't visible.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the link to the SP thread: http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000152;p=1#000000

The post counts were moved to the profiles to discourage some of the post count padding practices which have been coming up here lately, like bumping tons of old Welcome threads just to add to totals. The thought is if it's kept out of plain view there might be less of a motivation to do those types of things, which bury the active threads and generally annoy the populace.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Is that why those old welcome threads were bumped? I just responded to them because I was compelled to respond to a thread up front that was new to me. I actually hadn't considered that anyone was trying to pad post counts.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
BTW, since I'm sure this topic is going to be brought up here more than once I'm going to highlight this topic for a day or two so everyone gets a chance to see it.

I know we already have a bunch of threads pinned, so if any of the other Advisors object just feel free to un-highlight it.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
disappointing at first, but Gary makes a good point. there's logic in them hills.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Well, your posts are still being counted, but you'll just have to click one more button to see them. Sounded like a good compromise to me.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

ferroboy
Legionnaire!

I knew they were being counted, which is why I made the point of saying "without looking at individual profiles". I guess I just liked to see my post counts go up, particularly since I have been posting a fair amount over the past month. But I'll just look in my profile occasionally to see when I approach my next status change.

--------------------
Dan

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I like to see my post count rise, but after a binge, I decided that I should let it happen gradually instead of forcing it.

And I think it's a fair compromise as well, your post are still being counted.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roxy
Misfit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roxy           Edit/Delete Post     
Right now, I'm new, so if it seems like I post a lot, it's because I'm trying to let everyone know I'm here and that I'm also trying to get a feel for the place.
From: Misfits Music | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
Makes sense...gives the post a trimmed look.
Who's counting anyway?

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Some people just want a big post count to hang out with the big guns.

I understand, I had 45 posts while some had 8000, it feels like you're not contributing enough and that you have to post more.

Good for me in the since that I started to broaden my horizons and left the MMB to look at other boards, bad because I went on a posting binge once.

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
It's not the number of posts you make that's important; it's the quality of the posts you make that counts [Big Grin]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Is that a euphemism?

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Not really... it's more what I tell myself whenever I see all the people with more posts than I have [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.