Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » The Anti-Tomatoes Thread! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Anti-Tomatoes Thread!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Only if you've eaten tomatoes recently (and I *know* you haven't...)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
You're not going to believe this, but I have a medical condition that means I have to seriously limit the amount of tomatos I can eat!*

Which means, I've kind of been drafted by the anti-tomatoes team after years of nuetrality!

*I'm actually serious, but I don't feel like getting into it.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I never liked them, 'cause the texture is so disgusting-raw, boiled, stewed, you name it.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I would join an anti-grocery store tomatoes group, because they're so tasteless.

I must defend the home-grown tomato, however.

Does anyone remember the Flavr Savr Tomato? It was the first genetically modified food to be sold commercially. People said you could throw it against a wall like a tennis ball and it would not bread. It failed, indicating that, at least at that time, people still had some sense of good food.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm...perhaps the very anti-tomatoans who started this thread are reponsible for this current public defamation of my beloved tomatoes!

I will be keeping a watchful eye on you! [Eek!]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree, Lardy. It's just the sort of trick we can expect of that ilk!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
We don't need to resort to such trickery.

*hide airline ticket from Mexico and Texas*

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The Tomato Haters won't stop once they've destroyed the tomato's plump and juicy reputation. No, my fellow Tomato-Heads, they'll move on to the next vegetable that doesn't meet their exacting standards. Word on the farm is that the innocent and lovable zucchini is next on their "hit" list.

If we don't take a stand now, then pretty soon when we order salad at a restaurant all they'll bring us is a bowl of dressing! And technically that's just cold soup! Grrrr.

edit - yes, it's really a fruit, but until Kool-Aid makes it a drink flavor...

[ June 11, 2008, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Ram Boy ]

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
AW! You could have had a V-8 tm!!!

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone read the Kim Harrison books where the back story is that the world of the not so distant future was altered by the humble tomato. Basically in her books tomatoes suddenly started not just making people sick, but actually killing them. Soon a third of the entire population died off. Only those who had a genetic predisposition to magick survived and blossomed in health and in magickal skills. then the mortal (normal) human survivors of course banned and destroyed all tomatoes, plants and seeds and began a witch hunt (literally) and separated the cities into two zones, one normal and one for all the witches and such. Anyway, interesting that the tomato is villified yet again. Historically during the Middle Ages in Europe they were thought to be poisonious, and in Puritan America the Native peoples had a hard time convincing the pilgrims that tomatoes weren't bad for them.
From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

They were also known as Love Apples when they were thought to be poisonous. Lovers would eat them in a suicide pact.

--------------------

antacidlass
2 TUMS up

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antacidlass   Author's Homepage   Email antacidlass         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm quite against tomatoes at this time. Supposedly all the tomatoes that have been brought into town are salmonellous (yes, its my word now!). Not knowing this, I ate at Taco Time, had extra tomatoes on my salad, and was disastrously ill! Blasted tomatoes!

--------------------
Now with Calcium!!!

From: wherever acid reflux lurks | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
At Taco Bell, or at Kentucky Fried Chicken, at Wendy's and most of the other 'fast food' places it's not the tomatoes that will get you but the monosodiumglutamate (msg).....
From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
They were also known as Love Apples when they were thought to be poisonous. Lovers would eat them in a suicide pact.

I wonder what they did when they didn't die? Or if they were eating them and thinking, "Wow! this is delicious! Now I have a reason for living..."

quote:
Originally posted by antacidlass:
I'm quite against tomatoes at this time. Supposedly all the tomatoes that have been brought into town are salmonellous (yes, its my word now!). Not knowing this, I ate at Taco Time, had extra tomatoes on my salad, and was disastrously ill! Blasted tomatoes!

If I got that sick from tomatoes, I'd be in the anti-tomato camp as well. I got food poisoning from something on a pizza once, and it was years before I could eat pizza again.

Of course, you can always hope that, having survived the salmonellousness of tomatoes, this proves you have the magic gene that Saturn Girl mentioned....

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:

I would imagine that after eating the Love Apples, the lovers would sit around for a few minutes being all dramaticy and then just burp.

Ahh, sweet love!

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.